HOT $161 HP elitebook 17.3" LED Notebook - i7 8GB ddr3/750GB/nvidia quadro 3000m

Question: how did the OP even find this laptop at this price from this site? When you look at their maim page, nothing is listed. Go to the laptop section, look under HP, it doesn't list the laptop anywhere as an item for sale. I am just wondering how the OP found the obscure link.

They took it down, I believe.

I am referring to when they "supposedly" had stock, or was still available. I looked, and the only way to get to that page to find that Elite book, was through the OP's link. Nowhere else is it listed, or can be found. Perhaps he searched for the exact model, and it just pulled up through some obscure search?

I am referring to when they "supposedly" had stock, or was still available. I looked, and the only way to get to that page to find that Elite book, was through the OP's link. Nowhere else is it listed, or can be found. Perhaps he searched for the exact model, and it just pulled up through some obscure search?

Or he just re-posted from slickdeals..

Since when is basic human morality doing that? You people.... :rolleyes: .

Oh im sorry can you please tell me whose basic human morals we are talking about here? You might believe something might be moral but that doesn't mean I think the same.... Do you think it would be okay for him to call the person behind the counter a slut and blame them for the price error? Have you ever worked a job like that? Have you had to deal with complete a*holes day in and day out?

Here's to hoping it goes through! ;)

It's not about stupidity but more of a sad commentary on a type of mentality that's proliferated to such an extent that people begin foaming at the mouth at the slightest whiff of maybe, just maybe being able to cheat the system and get away with something knowing full well its not a "sale" or promotion but a glaring error and if it goes undetected then all other customers are left holding the bag to make up for the lost revenue.

But "so what". It is after all, the age of entitlement and consumptive narcissism, amirite? While not technically illegal or lawbreaking, the level of frenzy and desperation when seen from afar is a bit disconcerting, there's something about the idea of a deceiver/asshole that's really offputting, again, like those Walmart stampeders driven half mad from lack of warmth, fluids or oxygen deprivation at birth because A BLURAY PLAYER WAS TWENTY DOLLARS.

All I know is if my groceries are ringing up at a penny - I'm not keeping my mouth shut, I'm asking the slut scanning my groceries why.

Man's got a point. One of the things that's wrong with this country... the growing sense of entitlement and "I deserve something for nothing" sickens. Stay tuned for a deluge of indignance on Monday when these orders are cancelled.

In for 5. I'm reaching out to BBB if they don't go through :)

Thank you for your recent order for the HP Notebook.

As you may have suspected, this item was listed on our website with an incorrect selling price.

Despite our best efforts, with the thousands of items available on our Web site, pricing errors can occur. In accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Web Site Use and our Pricing and Availability Policy, we will be cancelling all affected orders.

You have not been charged for the Notebook, as Adorama's policy is never to charge a card unless the item is shipped.

We make every effort to avoid this sort of thing happening and understand that you may be disappointed. We apologize for the inconvenience and are grateful for your understanding - and hope you will continue to shop at Adorama.

I'm going to bring them hell...

*sarcasm* *sarcasm* *sarcasm*

My order just got cancelled! I'm going to sue them for a billion dollars for my inconvenience!

/sarcasm

but seriously, my order did just get cancelled

Don't you guys think with the thousands of orders they processed and charged and now to refund. How much money do you think they lost to the CC processing company(s)? I'm more curious as to that

Something is fishy here besides the price.

I had a 1.6 billion dollar order in my cart! They are harvesting emails or something.

Don't you guys think with the thousands of orders they processed and charged and now to refund. How much money do you think they lost to the CC processing company(s)? I'm more curious as to that

Not really... Any costs can be filed under their marketing budget. It generated lots of page views, and people may check their site in the future who didn't before as a result.

I'd call it a very successful campaign actually.

I got my cancellation at 11:58a.m.

Then at 1:00p.m. I got a backorder notification that says it will ship as soon as they have stock.. :rolleyes:

Oh stfu ffs with this OT BS.
They are cancelling the orders. I just got my cancellation notice.

Anyone order from thenerds.net and get a cancellation yet?

I used their Amazon payment option, have a posted CC transaction(as in they actually took the money and not just an auth), have a shipping 'confirmation' that has 0 tracking information on it.

I am not holding out much hope at all, but it's a little sleazy doing both of the above things before shipping the item.

Anyone order from thenerds.net and get a cancellation yet?

I used their Amazon payment option, have a posted CC transaction(as in they actually took the money and not just an auth), have a shipping 'confirmation' that has 0 tracking information on it.

I am not holding out much hope at all, but it's a little sleazy doing both of the above things before shipping the item.
I have to agree. I thought that the charge wasn't supposed to occur until the order was ready to ship. Then again maybe it was until someone caught the error due to too many retards trying to capitalize on a price mistake (ordering multiples of the item).

Stroke your ego much? Please do continue to live in your bubble from afar.

He has an excellent point.

valkrien said:
For Christs Sake! Get this thread back on topic! Damn!

Yeah, because the "In for one/five even though I know they won't ship it was fun to try" responses are so engaging?

Ah, I got that dreaden email from Adorama.... you guessed it. Yup. The excitement killer named Absage.

What a short lived excitement on weekend for [H].

on thenerds.net

order 1: Released To Warehouse
order 2: Awaiting Tracking

adorma is cancelled

Well, I used paypal and nothing posted to my account so no biggie.

Opposite here.

Although, I still got the cancellation email followed by the backorder email. I am sure it will get sorted out in the coming week anyway...

I Got the cancellation from Adorama, but my nerds.net order does show released to warehouse.. so still hoping for that one I also bumped it up for the rush processing hoping that it gets shipped 1st thing Monday morning before the error is caught.

Also used PP for payments on both & the Adorama is pending & thenerds is in progress

Adorama cancelled one and backordered my other.

TheNerds has sent me nothing either way.

Thank you for your recent order for the HP Notebook.

As you may have suspected, this item was listed on our website with an
incorrect selling price.

Despite our best efforts, with the thousands of items available on our
Web site, pricing errors can occur. In accordance with our Terms and
Conditions of Web Site Use and our Pricing and Availability Policy, we
will be cancelling all affected orders.

You have not been charged for the Notebook, as Adorama's policy is
never to charge a card unless the item is shipped.

We make every effort to avoid this sort of thing happening and
understand that you may be disappointed. We apologize for the
inconvenience and are grateful for your understanding - and hope you
will continue to shop at Adorama.

All I got from Adorama was the backorder notice. I think I'll wait...

*Nevermind, I did get the cancellation. It's listed from a different sender.

Back