HOT $161 HP elitebook 17.3" LED Notebook - i7 8GB ddr3/750GB/nvidia quadro 3000m

In for 1. Confirmation email recieved. I have zero use for a 17 incher but wouldn't mind flipping it into something I would like.

in for 10! reselling them for a huge profit and becoming a "slickdeal" douchebag ;)

they're not even checking against stock levels so its as meaningless as the automatic confirmation email.. what I look forward to most is the self-righteous crybabies that will be complaining tomorrow or monday morning on various forums about their civil rights being violated by the order cancellation, and how these companies "should own up" to pricing mistakes.

these slobs are _already_ making grand threats about "what will happen" to these companies if they dont ship. these are god's own slobs. absolutely hilarious. can't wait to watch em all typing through the freakout.

r5h5J.png

Last edited:
What would be funny is if they did not cancel the orders and just sent us all some other piece of junk.

If they actually ship orders, there is going to be quite a few of competitors on eBay for these laptops. Bunch of price wars. :)

PASS

Typographical, Illustration and Price Errors

Adorama.com is intended to be a guide only. Some item illustrations are for display purposes only, may not be exact, and are not necessarily included in the purchase price. Adorama is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors, and specifications may change without notice.

All items offered for sale are subject to availability. Many items on our Web site or catalog site come from various sources. Adorama is, therefore, bound to fluctuating currency exchange rates, making it necessary to occasionally increase prices. In addition, some domestic and overseas products may be discontinued without our prior knowledge. Should this apply to your order, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.

We make every effort to provide you with an error-free Web site. However, in the event there is a misprint, we reserve the right to correct copy or pricing to reflect the actual current status

trolololol, produce a screenshot

The email is completely text based, a screen shot is waste of time. I really don't care if you believe me. There is no way the laptop was shipped in that short of time anyway, I just found it interesting that I got the email. I see at least one other Amazon Payment customer got the same email.

Going to Amazon to track the package, here is the information I found.
Ship Carrier: ---
Tracking Number: ---
Signed for by: ---

So, no carrier and no tracking number and no status. Pretty much what I expected. This must be so they can charge the credit card or something.

Last edited:
Looks like it's automated there's no carrier info when you goto track it in amazon payments. I could see a potential ship if amazon is fulfilling it for them.

I'm thinking of using my Debit Card for a purchase, if they do change the price can they just give me store credit back and not actual money? That's my biggest worry.

I'm thinking of using my Debit Card for a purchase, if they do change the price can they just give me store credit back and not actual money? That's my biggest worry.

No, they'll have to refund you if they don't ship the product. In fact until they ship it should really only be an authorization on your card...

Bought using debit card MasterCard. I just bought an SSD from adorama and completely forgot they don't charge until it ships so lets play this one out.

I said the same thing when I placed my Touchpad order...That worked out fairly well though.
Yea an i7 notebook for under $200? Doubt its going to work, I even wish it did, I was about to buy two but decided nah. Don't want to deal with selling the other laptop (lazy). LOL, don't blame me, going to work everyday this week averaging 10 hours, so 70+ hour work week for me! MAKE $$$$

they're not even checking against stock levels so its as meaningless as the automatic confirmation email.. what I look forward to most is the self-righteous crybabies that will be complaining tomorrow or monday morning on various forums about their civil rights being violated by the order cancellation, and how these companies "should own up" to pricing mistakes.

these slobs are _already_ making grand threats about "what will happen" to these companies if they dont ship. these are god's own slobs. absolutely hilarious. can't wait to watch em all typing through the freakout.

r5h5J.png

Yup, should be quite sickening, yet oddly amusing, to watch these slimey things slosh around in their primordial pool.

It does amazes me that Etailers unlike B&M stores can weazle out of mistakes like this. I have had plenty of expierences were the price on the shelf did not match the one scanned. Every time I simply ask for the manager show them the price on the shelf and they eat the cost. Hell even Best Buy has been good to me about it.

the difference being that online retailers can lose hundreds of thousands of dollars on this sort of thing where as a physical store can fix the pricing after one item

I'm in, see what happens. Maybe the one time I do this I get lucky.

I bit at thenerds and used amazon payments. In the time it took me to drive to work this morning (about 30 min) I already have the shipping confirmation. Odd, but if real, lucky. If not, not really out anything. Now to wait for the cancellation emails.

Wouldnt you feel like a giant turd if they actually shipped....

No, I'd still be laughing at the grandiose stupidity of those posters just as the I quoted described ;). And yes, I placed in my order for 2 cancellations, anyway. No, obviously I won't be surprised like those primordial slimes will be, if it gets cancelled ;).

In for one from Adorama, just on the off chance they actually ship it. Here's to hoping, I could use a quick $700-800 turnaround :D

Back