HOT: 10" tablet w/1gb DDR3, 1.6Ghz Dualcore cpu, dual cameras, N-wireless $139@Walmar

difficultone

Limp Gawd
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Double-Po...dwich-Operating-System-and-Bluetooth/21615660

Double Power TD-1010 with Wi-Fi 10.1" Touchscreen Tablet PC Featuring Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Operating System:

Technical Specifications:
1.6GHz Cortex A9 Dual Core processor
1GB DDR3 of system memory and 8GB on-board storage memory
10.1" touchscreen, 1024 x 600 resolution
Built-in 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Additional Features:
Back 2MP webcam and front 0.3MP webcam
8GB on-board storage memory, up to 32GB additional memory via microSD card slot
1080p HD video playback
Software and Applications:
Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS
eBook reader
Google Play (for applications)
What's in the Box:
Tablet and AC adapter

Shows up as $139.99 for me in the Virginia area and they just became available locally - in store for same day pick up - within the last hour.

There is also a 7" screen version for $119.99 with the same internal specs.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Double-Po...aTN6umc&sourceid=18821275211610478012&veh=aff

However, I haven't been able to figure out where those are available at locally.

I don't know about everyone else, but my 6yo has been bugging me for a tablet for xmas, so this will be under the tree for him.

-Enjoy and Happy Holidays

What is the normal price, kinda hard to tell if this is hot or not. Some times these cheap chinese tablets are just bad despite deceiving stats.

Relative to some of the over seas sites these off name brands are available on, this price is slightly better.
I think it's a good idea for something for a kid...although, may I ask why a 6 year old needs a tablet? Just for movies on trips and games is my assumption. I guess it's hard to just comprehend how a child that young can make use of one.

You may want to consider the additional storage as well, 32GB max. I know if I have HD movies they can be from 1.2GB all the way to 5GB or more.

1080p playback but screen resolution is only 1024 x 600 resolution :confused:

Relative to some of the over seas sites these off name brands are available on, this price is slightly better.
I think it's a good idea for something for a kid...although, may I ask why a 6 year old needs a tablet? Just for movies on trips and games is my assumption. I guess it's hard to just comprehend how a child that young can make use of one.

You may want to consider the additional storage as well, 32GB max. I know if I have HD movies they can be from 1.2GB all the way to 5GB or more.
You would be suprised... I have a buddy with a 2yo that uses his old 1st gen Ipad... I called bullshit on that... then he emailed me video... I have 3 little ones and I work in IT, so my kids always see me with all kinds of gadgetry. My 4yo little girl asked for a tablet like mine for her last birthday. I got her a $99 Arnova 7" tablet from Microcenter and not only does she enjoy her standard def ~700Mb movies on it, they all enjoy the plethora of free games available via the android market. I just make sure to lock it down so that they can't install anything from the market place, free or otherwise, without my password. That was 5 months ago. I just rooted that Arnova last week because it had started to freeze on boot and it needed a new update.img... just like most android smart phones. Every chinese vendor I've dealt with has had solid support in terms of providing "in house" tools that they use to repair bricked devices and also to do clean factory installs.

Now it's Xmas time, the 8yo, who is on his second laptop, wants an electric guitar. The 6yo wants a tablet, exactly like his little sister's, and the 6yo is using the hand me down netbook that the 8yo started on last year. The baby girl wants a DSi and a computer like her two older brothers... One of the advantages of having kids back to back to back is that they learn from each other and the youngest always push themselves to try to do what they see their older siblings doing...

Anyway, the Arnova has been solid, if somewhat slow to respond when multi-tasking, but it has a 32gb class 10 microsd card in it and it sees regular uploads of whatever Disney and Pixar are shilling this week. For 40$ more than what I paid for the Arnova, this tablet has two cores and each runs 600Mhz faster, nevermind better wireless and front and rear cameras... kids love cameras... they love taking pictures and making movies.

/novel

1080p playback but screen resolution is only 1024 x 600 resolution :confused:
It has mini usb, which supports external drives, and it has mini-hdmi, for outputing the supported 1080p playback... It's 140$, i'm not sure what everyone expects at this price point. I already ordered one and will be picking it up in a few hours after I drop the kids off at school. I can post my observations if anyone is interested.

This guy has a so-so unboxing and basic run thru... imho it doesn't look like total crap, but I've been on a CM7 rooted Nook for the past two years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtuNmmjcuLw

DC 1.6ghz + google play on a 10" tablet with 4.0 seems like a great deal at $139. The 7" has all the same specs as mentioned but also states 4.1. So these seem like an amazing deal. I may have to grab a couple of these for my kids. They love playing games on my phone and stuff. They are 4 and 5 and both can do things on my computer that I would have thought impossible. They cannot even read, but they can find the "play" button, "OK"button, or any of the other buttons needed to play games. 7" does not specifically state google play, but I guess we can assume it has connection to it.

Last edited:

You would be suprised... I have a buddy with a 2yo that uses his old 1st gen Ipad... I called bullshit on that... then he emailed me video... I have 3 little ones and I work in IT, so my kids always see me with all kinds of gadgetry. My 4yo little girl asked for a tablet like mine for her last birthday. I got her a $99 Arnova 7" tablet from Microcenter and not only does she enjoy her standard def ~700Mb movies on it, they all enjoy the plethora of free games available via the android market. I just make sure to lock it down so that they can't install anything from the market place, free or otherwise, without my password. That was 5 months ago. I just rooted that Arnova last week because it had started to freeze on boot and it needed a new update.img... just like most android smart phones. Every chinese vendor I've dealt with has had solid support in terms of providing "in house" tools that they use to repair bricked devices and also to do clean factory installs.

Now it's Xmas time, the 8yo, who is on his second laptop, wants an electric guitar. The 6yo wants a tablet, exactly like his little sister's, and the 6yo is using the hand me down netbook that the 8yo started on last year. The baby girl wants a DSi and a computer like her two older brothers... One of the advantages of having kids back to back to back is that they learn from each other and the youngest always push themselves to try to do what they see their older siblings doing...

Anyway, the Arnova has been solid, if somewhat slow to respond when multi-tasking, but it has a 32gb class 10 microsd card in it and it sees regular uploads of whatever Disney and Pixar are shilling this week. For 40$ more than what I paid for the Arnova, this tablet has two cores and each runs 600Mhz faster, nevermind better wireless and front and rear cameras... kids love cameras... they love taking pictures and making movies.

/novel

My 2 year old uses the nook for Netflix just fine. She can navigate the App and pick out what she wants. Dora, Backyardagains, ect.....

I think it's good kids get used to this stuff now, how soon is debatable. I'm only 24 and I just have the view that too early can be bad. It's like learning a language or almost anything for that matter very young. The brain will process and absorb it at an amazing rate.

My father is in programming and I had started in PCs early too, so it's not like I think it's a bad idea...just make sure they interact with other humans, lol.

OOS here and online as well.

See I view things exactly the opposite as you. It is adults not kids that have no use for tablets, because almost all adults own a smartphone which does everything a tablet does. And they tend to also have laptops or desktops to cover all the bases. So why waste more money buying the same device again just for a larger screen? On the other hand most of us do not pay for our kids to have a smartphone and plan, so having a cheap device for them actually starts to make fiscal sense.

People love giving younger kids electronics to shut them up in the car lol. A 6 year old can read and write so they can do pretty much anything on the internet. Do you think they are vegetables lol? It can also get them basic access so there is less people trying to get access to the household computer. Of course there are other uses like many of us now control lots of things in our homes with smartphones and its nice to have a public device, be it a cheap tablet or older out of contract phone laying around for the kids to use or visitors.

This looks like it is probably based on the RK3066 (rockchip) processor . There is hacking community forming around these devices. The same chip is in a lot of these new Android thumb PC's. (search imito mx1 , mk808 )

7" Tablets with this chip can be had for about $120 on Amazon with the same specs, but it would be nice if you could find them locally for a few bucks more. This is a great deal on a 10" tablet.

If anyone buys one of these can they please confirm what chip they have?

http://liliputing.com/2012/11/devel...-devices-with-rockchip-rk3066-processors.html

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/41590-roadmap-for-linux-on-rk3066-android-tv-players/

I think the same Bio, its just debatable. I have a lot of devices too and my sons started out wanting to hold onto remotes or go after the phones when they were babies. My oldest son is 4 and he will steal our smart phones and try hiding in his closet to play angry birds or watch youtube. How he figures it out? He watches us and how we navigate through the devices. We like the idea of introducing him to technology but only with guidance. For instance, I work with a guy who also has a son age 5 who he just got a computer for and lets him play Orcs Must Die on Steam. Now, he does this so he can have his own time but I would never let my 4 or 5 play a game like that, heck I even have a co-worker who lets his 9 year old son play world of warcraft and warhammer 40k...again, I would never do it ... but to each their own.

My 2.5 year old plays with our ipad. Usually only to navigate through the disney app, but he enjoys it and calls it his "tv". We do not give it to him to occupy him all day every day but it is definitely good to let them learn technology early. Especially when a tablet can be used as a learning tool. I honestly have no use for it so this justifies me keeping it.

If anything its a good learning tool for kids. At least my 18 months old likes to play his sound touch games. It makes for good hand eye coordination.

Looks like a TN panel from the video review :(
Not that any of the stores around here are carrying it anyway.

Back