Hosted VOIP providers

k1pp3r

[H]F Junkie
Who does everyone suggest for hosted VOIP? My current provider is lacking in service and uptime.

Business or residential?

Packet8
Vonage

If you pick either of those, let me know so I can refer you :)

Oh by the way, this is for business.

Polycom 550 and 501 phones, 4 extensions, auto attendant, unified messaging. The whole game

Packet 8 is who i use.

I believe those phones will work, you just might need the DTA boxes from them though.

If you want to be a cool guy..... let me refer you instead of Ockie! :p

AT&T VDNA (Voice DNA)
http://www.business.att.com/enterprise/Family/business-voip-enterprise/voice-dna-enterprise/

EDIT: Guess I should also note that we are using about 125 Polycom 650's with Adtran PoE switches. Four sites, each with a dedicated T1 for VoIP, though not entirely necessary. You may want to check on the compatibility of those units.

ANOTHER EDIT: List of phones supported. http://rawrgv.com/?v=vdna.png i'd still double check with them.

I left AT&T cause their business billing is beyond a joke. lol

Anyone ever used Nextiva?

the best part of Packet8 that I like is the whole Virtual Office setup.

The whole system is setup via online GUI at packet8.net.

I cannibalized a couple of phone numbers to make a main AutoAttendant for our 2 offices. Each phone on our VO has a private direct line and they are all connected via the AutoAttendant so my Fort Worth and Austin Office is like one big office and no one knows the difference when they call in.

Best part of all, if you are working from home or what not, you can take your DTA box (and your phone if you prefer) and connect it at home and it'll work like you were at the office. This is great for part-time tele-commuters and people home for maternity leave and what not.

Yeah, all hosted VOIP providers have pretty much the same feature set, i'm just looking for one with good QoS and good support. Vocalocity has been a joke

ah, I don't have much experience with anyone other than Packet8.

Had them for 4 years now. It was a little shakey at first, but they have really improved their QoS and I hardly have dropped packets ever.

If you have those T-1 lines at the offices, you should be fine depending on your network traffic. But if all else fails, just do your QoS on your router for the VIOP and you should be golden.

Back