Horrible Galaxy Note II battery life.

zamardii

2[H]4U
I've tried every power saving tip online and still it seems that the battery just dissipates more quickly than my old S3. I'm lucky if I get 6 hours out of a full charge. Went to school and in 3 hours without even touching the phone and connected to wifi, over 25% drained. What can I do? I'm desperate for tips. Could my battery be bad? I'm thinking of getting a extended battery. Just look at this from today.

Screenshot_2014-02-13-20-50-00.png

I get a full day of heavy use or 2 days of occasional use. posting on it right now, been texting and using navigation a lot, and been browsing H for the last hour and a half and still at 56 percent. I would say the battery is bad. did you buy it new? how long ago? did you try a full restore yet?

Your android systems are taking WAY too much, you should look into the apps you have turned in, turn off all services minus Wi-Fi.

Or if you did all this, restore the phone, test prior to updates, if all is fine it might be an update, if not it could be the battery.

I agree with others that Android System is too high, download and run something that will list off everything that is wake locking your phone then post it so we can see what is eating up your battery.

root phone, flash custom recovery, flash a kernel that lets you underclock/overclock and install trickster mod. Underclock/undervolt your phone to just above where you notice it's going slower.

It's also helpful if in a pinch you need to save some battery because you can just lock it in a really low speed.

I would say you have a bad battery, I would get a cheap battery and see if it makes difference. I just switched to a Note 2 earlier this week from an HTC Rezound, I'm getting great battery life so far. You can usually a battery real cheap off of ebay.

My rezound(with an extended battery) when I got home from work would be like 30%. My note 2 is usually above 70% in the same time frame.

I've also noticed that keeping my wifi on and being to connected to wifi gives me better battery life then 4G.

2 days??!! Is it just that the Note 2 has better battery b/c with my Galaxy S2 I'm lucky to make it through the day on a single charge.

I'd try downloading BatteryGuru and Greenify to see if you can block some things from using up precious resources.

Okay, so I downloaded WakeLock detector and here are the results for today. Still sucks.

Screenshot_2014-02-14-16-24-19.png

Wakeup triggers:

Screenshot_2014-02-14-16-20-04.png

CPU Wakelock;

Screenshot_2014-02-14-16-19-57.png

Wakeup trigger:

Screenshot_2014-02-14-16-19-49.png

What should I do?

root phone, flash custom recovery, flash a kernel that lets you underclock/overclock and install trickster mod. Underclock/undervolt your phone to just above where you notice it's going slower.

It's also helpful if in a pinch you need to save some battery because you can just lock it in a really low speed.

My phone was rooted originally and had some sort of Jedi rom on it and I hated it. If I am rooted, i don't want to see anything on the bootup screen but a Samsung logo. Like, there was this big ugly blue X on the bootup screen and the phone was configured to do stupid crap like when you take out the s pen it would make a star wars lightsaber sound and stuff.

Is there a rom anyone can suggest that is as close to stock as possible, but has the options like what lilfiend suggested above like underclocking and undervolting that is stable and has all the same s pen features and everything that is already on the phone? My paranoia regarding rooting is a lack of stability in the OS.

My battery life sucked. Then I upgraded to Android 4.3 from 4.1 and it's been a huge improvement. I had one of those Zero Lemon batteries because it was so horrible, but the weight sucked.

My battery life sucked. Then I upgraded to Android 4.3 from 4.1 and it's been a huge improvement. I had one of those Zero Lemon batteries because it was so horrible, but the weight sucked.

My Note 2 won't upgrade to 4.3. I am still on 4.1.2. Every time I check for updates it says I am up to date. Don't understand why it could be taking this long to update me.

My Note 2 won't upgrade to 4.3. I am still on 4.1.2. Every time I check for updates it says I am up to date. Don't understand why it could be taking this long to update me.

Because your phone is rooted and has JediRom Tricks installed, most likely v6. You won't get newer versions of android unless you flash a newer version of the ROM. There is nothing wrong with having your phone rooted, but if you don't know how to manage it you won't get the most out of it. Take a look at some youube vids about the Note II, rooting and installing Cyanogenmod. That's a well supported ROM that won't have some of the eccentricities of JediROM.

I just went to the N3 after using the N2 for about a year. After 12 hours at work my phone would have about 63 percent left on the battery.

I just went to the N3 after using the N2 for about a year. After 12 hours at work my phone would have about 63 percent left on the battery.

Wow, I'm jealous. Seriously, my S2 doesn't hold a candle to that. I have to keep charging it during the day.

Hmm can you post your mobile radio battery life breakdown?? Maybe you have bad reception at school.

That's definitely not required for a Note 2. It should get 5-6 hours of screen-on time easily out of the box on any stock (4.1 or 4.3) ROM. Pretty much what I've got with my Note 2 for the last 14 months I've had it on any ROM (mostly been running Jellybeans 4.1.2 ROMs, then Sophisticated ROM since 4.3 was released).

It seems that whatever that data manager app you're using is keeping your phone awake, I would try disabling that or uninstalling it to see if it affects your battery life at all.

What carrier are you on? If it's a Verizon Note 2, you can install the VZW update tool from your phone on your PC when you plug it in. The installer is on the phone itself, just install it on your PC and run the software. I haven't used it personally, so I can't walk you through it, but I know that's how some people force the update before they can get it OTA.

What carrier are you on? If it's a Verizon Note 2, you can install the VZW update tool from your phone on your PC when you plug it in. The installer is on the phone itself, just install it on your PC and run the software. I haven't used it personally, so I can't walk you through it, but I know that's how some people force the update before they can get it OTA.

I thought you had to use Samsung kies?

Back