Horizon Zero Dawn (Official Discussion Thread)

Actually the risk is that there are lots of people who only buy consoles to play exclusives. This sends the message that you don't have to do that and suffer games with a controller. I was already a year late when playing HZD, a few more doesn't matter. Had I knew it will eventually come out for PC, I'd have been crazy to buy a console.

Many of those people would still buy a console because most of them don't want a gaming PC or they don't want to wait years for a port. Horizon is almost three years old, that's a long time to wait especially when it will likely cost a lot more than what you could find it for on consoles at this point. The amount of people that wouldn't buy a console (a thing Sony makes very little profit on) of these games isn't as big as people seem to think. Even if it was a few hundred thousand people, that's nothing compared to the tens of millions of units consoles sell and that's still several hundred thousand people buying the game, some of which may not have bothered to do so until they could get a console and game for super cheap.

You vastly overestimate the number of people that have both.

Personally if I could wait 2-3 years I would skip the consoles. Less hardware to worry about (space is an issue) and I get a better experience overall. I'm more likely to buy a PS5 if I could only get PS4/5 exclusives on it. Without them I see zero reason to get a Playstation.

Personally if I could wait 2-3 years I would skip the consoles. Less hardware to worry about (space is an issue) and I get a better experience overall. I'm more likely to buy a PS5 if I could only get PS4/5 exclusives on it. Without them I see zero reason to get a Playstation.

I have no doubt several people on this forum (and similar ones) would be willing to wait. However, we're not exactly the general buying audience.

Actually the risk is that there are lots of people who only buy consoles to play exclusives. This sends the message that you don't have to do that and suffer games with a controller. I was already a year late when playing HZD, a few more doesn't matter. Had I knew it will eventually come out for PC, I'd have been crazy to buy a console.
HZD is 3 years old. There's no risk using this game as a test, so to speak.

I have no doubt several people on this forum (and similar ones) would be willing to wait. However, we're not exactly the general buying audience.
The funny thing is the mix of responses here, but also how they are a little different from what I was expecting.

Usually people poo at the idea of a really late PC release.

You were 1 year late and still at least 2 years before a rumored PC release. Playing a game 2 years ago is far from crazy.

The funny thing is the mix of responses here, but also how they are a little different from what I was expecting.

Usually people poo at the idea of a really late PC release.

You were 1 year late and still at least 2 years before a rumored PC release. Playing a game 2 years ago is far from crazy.

I think there is less pooing this time just because it's such an usual thing.

I've played HZD and it's expansion to death already, but I'd probably buy a PC version of it. Assuming the price is right and it's a good port. 60+ FPS Horizon with even better looking graphics, yes please.

You know lot of people don't feel like they are suffering using a controlled and even prefer it. If find using a controller better for most games. It didn't hinder my enjoyment of HZD at all.

You know lot of people don't feel like they are suffering using a controlled and even prefer it. If find using a controller better for most games. It didn't hinder my enjoyment of HZD at all.
Well it did for me, and every game I played with a controller was a living nightmare. So I use the console to play only the absolute exclusives, and it sits idle for months on end. I'd really like to avoid buying a ps5 if I can help it. I don't even care about the cost, just don't make me suffer another minute with a controller. I'd pay the price of a ps5 to not have to play with a controller.

Detroit came out in December. I think it's an EGS exclusive.
That's exactly what I meant. I don't consider walled gardens like the MS store or Epic store as being on PC, the open free for all platform, that supports modding and gaming communities, and doesn't try to wrestle away control from the consumer.

Many of those people would still buy a console because most of them don't want a gaming PC
What does that have to do with anything? I'm speaking about people who only buy consoles for exclusives. Not console gamers who don't even own or want a PC.
When I bought a PS4 PRO and HZD I had no idea there is any fragment of a chance that it will ever come out for PC, if I even suspected, I'd have said screw this.

or they don't want to wait years for a port. Horizon is almost three years old, that's a long time to wait especially when it will likely cost a lot more than what you could find it for on consoles at this point.
If I had learned anything is that console games especially sony never drops prices that much. HZD goes for about $25 now retail. Even if the port came out for $60 $35 is a small price to pay compared to what the console costs, and the fact that I don't have to deal with it.

The amount of people that wouldn't buy a console (a thing Sony makes very little profit on) of these games isn't as big as people seem to think. Even if it was a few hundred thousand people, that's nothing compared to the tens of millions of units consoles sell and that's still several hundred thousand people buying the game, some of which may not have bothered to do so until they could get a console and game for super cheap.
I very much suspect that the "they don't make money on consoles" legend is a remnant of the PS3 era, and sony has been making good money on all variants of the PS4 especially the later optimized versions. But they like this urban legend, and do nothing to dispel it.
But if it is true then bringing exclusives to the PC could help them get rid of me, and I couldn't be happier than to be rid of them.

HZD is 3 years old. There's no risk using this game as a test, so to speak.
It's not about this specific game, It's the message it sends. Which is that exclusives are no longer perpetual, but timed. And if that's the case screw the PS5, I'm not buying it.

What does that have to do with anything? I'm speaking about people who only buy consoles for exclusives. Not console gamers who don't even own or want a PC.
When I bought a PS4 PRO and HZD I had no idea there is any fragment of a chance that it will ever come out for PC, if I even suspected, I'd have said screw this.

If I had learned anything is that console games especially sony never drops prices that much. HZD goes for about $25 now retail. Even if the port came out for $60 $35 is a small price to pay compared to what the console costs, and the fact that I don't have to deal with it.

I very much suspect that the "they don't make money on consoles" legend is a remnant of the PS3 era, and sony has been making good money on all variants of the PS4 especially the later optimized versions. But they like this urban legend, and do nothing to dispel it.
But if it is true then bringing exclusives to the PC could help them get rid of me, and I couldn't be happier than to be rid of them.

It's not about this specific game, It's the message it sends.

People who buy specific consoles for their exclusives are not automatically PC gamers. What you are trying to say is PC primary gamers that only buy a console for it's exclusive games. Though, that goes to my other points.

The Complete Edition of HZD is $20 retail. It's gone down to $10 during sales as well. Spider-man has also hit $20 before (both physical and digital). Sony doesn't drop prices super quickly, but they do regular sales and will drop prices over time, they're not Nintendo.

With the PS4 they're made a (likely VERY small) profit out of the gate, but that's the first time it's happened. Nintendo (and a small handful of others) aside, most consoles are sold at a loss for a while after release. Given where the rumored specs of next gen systems are leaning unless $600 is going to be the base console price Sony is likely going to take a loss per unit sold on the PS5 for a while.

What message is that? That they might port over an old game in the unlikely event that the engine it's one gets ported? If this rumor is true, I'd lean towards Death Stranding using Decima as the big reason for this happening. Unless Sony says otherwise, I wouldn't expect it to be some wild change in direction for the company (if this is even real in the first place).

With the PS4 they're made a (likely VERY small) profit out of the gate, but that's the first time it's happened. Nintendo (and a small handful of others) aside, most consoles are sold at a loss for a while after release. Given where the rumored specs of next gen systems are leaning unless $600 is going to be the base console price Sony is likely going to take a loss per unit sold on the PS5 for a while.

I want to address this a bit. There is a belief from some that this gens console were not sold at a loss at launch due to reports of the bill of materials estimate for the PS4 being slightly under the retail selling cost at launch. This is misleading because if the retailer is selling at the BOM cost there is in fact a loss being incurred throughout the chain at least somewhere as selling a product like that with effectively 0 margins means you aren't making back any fixed costs, ancillary costs (eg. Sony spent over $100m in advertising for the PS4 during its launch quarter) or covering distribution.

You'd probably need at least 30% margins on the hardware if that were actually expected to be profitable by itself.

People who buy specific consoles for their exclusives are not automatically PC gamers. What you are trying to say is PC primary gamers that only buy a console for it's exclusive games. Though, that goes to my other points.
Gamers who only buy consoles for their exclusives are not pc gamers, but what? What else?
The Complete Edition of HZD is $20 retail. It's gone down to $10 during sales as well. Spider-man has also hit $20 before (both physical and digital). Sony doesn't drop prices super quickly, but they do regular sales and will drop prices over time, they're not Nintendo.
You're not addressing my point but argue $5 when the console costs $500.. It might be $20 where you live it is $25 where I do, that is besides the point.

Again you are not addressing the point. Sony made profit on the PS4 from the get go, and the profit they make on it just increased since. As for the ps5 that is conjecture at this point. If sony starts to go multi-platform with exclusives they'll sell less consoles. It doesn't matter how much less, but less, and why would they want to sell less?

What message is that? That they might port over an old game in the unlikely event that the engine it's one gets ported?
That it's worth waiting because exclusives might drop on PC later.
If this rumor is true, I'd lean towards Death Stranding using Decima as the big reason for this happening. Unless Sony says otherwise, I wouldn't expect it to be some wild change in direction for the company (if this is even real in the first place).
The only way I see this happening is if Sony declares it on no uncertain terms that this is a one-off occurrence, and unlikely to happen ever again with their first party exclusives.

That may be true, but how many people have 3 copies of GTA V? The original version on PS3/xbox360 and later got the PS4/Xbox one version and later the PC version.

Sell an old exclusive on new platforms a while B4 launching a new exclusive and you might even drive sales up further since there is no way to know if or when it will get ported.

Its true that the PS4 hardware sold at a loss during launch. But it only took 6 months (May 2014) for Sony to announce that PS4 became profitable on a per hardware basis. A big point of the hardware and R&D choices for PS4 and Xbone, were to keep costs down relative to the previous generation, which was a very expensive one for hardware and software development.

https://www.pcgamer.com/last-of-us-part-2-pc-rumours/

PlayStation developer Naughty Dog posted a job listing for a graphics programmer recently that has people wondering if Sony is giving up another exclusive. The role is attached to The Last of Us Part 2, which has only been announced on PS4, but the 'Requirements & Skills' section lists several things specific to PC.

The new graphics programmer would join Naughty Dog's rendering team and needs to have a "thorough understanding of current GPU architectures" including Nvidia. Experience with DirectX12 and Vulkan is also desired. Naughty Dog might be looking for candidates with broad experience, but it still seems odd to specifically list APIs and a GPU that you won't find in a PlayStation.

Horizon: Zero Dawn is rumoured to be making the leap, too, but it launched on PS4 three years ago, and it's still not been confirmed.

I think this is great news. I almost bought this game 2-3 different times but just never did for whatever reason. Now I can play it in 4K at 60fps with better graphics.

As far as controllers go, I love 'em. I grew up in the NES era. While I learned to play KB/M in the Quake era, I'd still rather use a pad whenever possible. In my case, that's everything except twitch shooters or something that's focused specifically on using a pointer.

I think permanent exclusives are illogical. The people who buy a console for an exclusive will have already bought the console and game to be able to play it. The argument that releasing a game on a different service 3 years after (or in the case of EGS 1 year) it was launched is somehow going to mean that people that had not bought the game for the 3 years prior to now are somehow now definitely not going to buy it because they can get it on a different service (and likely at full price, whereas by now the original release is bargain bin). The argument even ignores repeat sales, because some people loved it so much that they will buy it again on the new platform. Some people may buy a specific console for exclusives, but I would say that most people buy a console because they are cheaper/easier to maintain/more convenient than a PC.

I bought this game on ps4 and I haven't a had a chance to play it. If it does come out on pc I'll pick it up and play it there.

Hope this is true. Quite enjoyed the game, but didn't finish it on PS4 Pro. Trying to get the critical shots with a controller is painful, and I hated choosing between higher fps/awful graphics with terrible draw distances and a good looking game with low fps.

I love controllers for a lot of games, but if there's more than occasional aiming, it's usually m/kb time. Actually some, like GTA, I'll switch back and forth.

Just sold my PS4 last week too in prep for PS5. Less exclusives and I'll gladly stick to PC only.

This is really why I don't care when a game like this hits the PC. Playing games on consoles is like banging a three while wearing three condoms...
What? Then shouldn’t you care more when a game like this hits PC so you can feel like you’re barebacking a 8, but she has money.

I definitely am; I've said here and in some other threads that there's no way this is happening.

But I'm glad to be wrong, as now I'll have an excuse to replay on of my favorite games from the past several years on my PC at 60+ FPS and ultrawide res. But honestly this game was absolutely beautiful on PS4 (Pro in my case) and I didn't mind the 30 FPS performance at all since it was rock solid, never dropping any frames and they had just the right amount of motion blur to make it seem smoother than it really was.

If only they could add RT and proper DLSS support to it though when they port it so it can differentiate itself a bit more in terms of IQ from the PS4 version. That would be icing on the cake.

I think this is a pretty smart move by Sony though; let some exclusives come to PC after they've been out for a few years and have clearly sold about as much as they can on their platform and can now get a decent amount of more revenue from the game on the PC side. Horizon has only been $20 for a while now and I've seen it for as low as $8 or so for the complete edition on sale in the PSN store a few times, so I'm pretty sure its sold about as much as it's going to on there. Also, given that it's going to take 2-3 years for some games to make it to PC, or even less than that for Death Stranding, people like me are still going to pick these games up on PS4 first rather than wait for any potential PC release. And doing this later will allow them the opportunity to pick up potential console/game sales later for people who get hooked on these older games coming to PC and want to play their sequels again when they come out on PS5 and it may or may not get ported to PC again years down the road.

Last edited:
I could've easily waited 2 years to actually enjoy the game and not be frustrated by it, had I known it will be released for PC.
Now I'll be very reluctant to buy TLOU2, because fool me once shame on you, fool me twice I'm not getting fooled again.

I could've easily waited 2 years to actually enjoy the game and not be frustrated by it, had I known it will be released for PC.
Now I'll be very reluctant to buy TLOU2, because fool me once shame on you, fool me twice I'm not getting fooled again.

Always love the Bush quote. :D

I'll be playing it with my PS4 controller still on PC. I would be more frustrated playing most 3rd person games with kb&m. The only issue I had with the controller was trying to select health/boost items with the d-pad while in the middle of a fight requiring my thumb to be on the Joystick as well, but I rarely had to change items mid-fight like that too.

Given that Naughty Dog is basically Sony's first first-party studio that's been with them the longest and produces their absolutely top-tier AAA exclusives while also using their own in-house game engine (unlike the Decima engine that's been used across a few studios and games like Horizon and Death Stranding) that's probably more geared for Playstation hardware, I really think they would be the absolute last studio in Sony's arsenal to port any of their games to PC.

I'd love to know the dollar amount they turned down from Sweeney
Your posting pattern suggests your world is always glass-half-empty from the moment you wake up, and for that I suggest vitamin D3 and maybe a brain scan.

I for one cannot wait for this title in glorious 4K. Even better that it's on a Fair Trade storefront like Steam and not artificially exclusive to *cough* EGS (are people still saying *cough*?)

I'd love to know the dollar amount they turned down from Sweeney

Your posting pattern suggests your world is always glass-half-empty from the moment you wake up, and for that I suggest vitamin D3 and maybe a brain scan.

I for one cannot wait for this title in glorious 4K. Even better that it's on a Fair Trade storefront like Steam and not artificially exclusive to *cough* EGS (are people still saying *cough*?)
It was already 4K on PS4 PRO. They could give a significant discount on the PC version to those that already own the PS4 version. There is a fine line between being greedy and being prosumer.
It would go a long way to make the glass half full. And in the long run it would net them a lot of good will from multiplatform gamers. If they did that I'd not be having second thoughts about buying TLOU2.
You see, good will, not being treated as chattle goes a long way. I'm sad that so many people are happy to buy the same product twice for full price encouraging this exploitative behaviour.

It was already 4K on PS4 PRO. They could give a significant discount on the PC version to those that already own the PS4 version. There is a fine line between being greedy and being prosumer.
It would go a long way to make the glass half full. And in the long run it would net them a lot of good will from multiplatform gamers. If they did that I'd not be having second thoughts about buying TLOU2.
You see, good will, not being treated as chattle goes a long way. I'm sad that so many people are happy to buy the same product twice for full price encouraging this exploitative behaviour.

when the game came out for PS4 I'm fairly certain they had no intention of ever releasing it on PC...so that changes things as far as calling the developer greedy

Reactions: T4rd
like this
when the game came out for PS4 I'm fairly certain they had no intention of ever releasing it on PC...so that changes things as far as calling the developer greedy
That has nothing to do with discounting the PC version to owners of the PS4 version.

It's standard in every other industry to offer discounts for loyal customers. In the gaming industry the standard is to try and clean out loyal customers.
It's very rare when they don't try to do that. I can't think of many examples. One would be bethesda offering skyrim special edition for free to owners of the base game and all expansions. They didn't know there would be a special edition when they released the original either.

Ex-Guerilla Games developer on upset fans over HZD coming to PC: What the hell is wrong with you people. We made a game, you enjoyed it. Now some more people get to enjoy it. And somehow that takes away from YOUR enjoyment?! Please be kind to yourselves. Your enjoyment of the game has not diminished because some more people get to play it

https://twitter.com/s3rioussam/status/1237591391137497088?s=21

Always funny when console fanboys lose their minds. Maybe...one day...they will become more evolved...

v1b43vo09cwz.jpg

That has nothing to do with discounting the PC version to owners of the PS4 version.

It's standard in every other industry to offer discounts for loyal customers. In the gaming industry the standard is to try and clean out loyal customers.
It's very rare when they don't try to do that. I can't think of many examples. One would be bethesda offering skyrim special edition for free to owners of the base game and all expansions. They didn't know there would be a special edition when they released the original either.

I can't think of many other mediums where you get a discount for software on a different platform than you originally purchased it on; movies, PC software, audio books, digital books, etc. If you buy a book, movie, app software, etc. on one software store, you usually don't get to own it thought any other digital store front as well. Closest thing to it that I can think of is getting to upgrade a digital movie from SD to HD or HD to UHD for free or at a discount on some digital stores.

Its not 4K, and as much as Sony would like everyone to believe it is as good, it has been proven not to be where direct comparisons are available. E.g. -->

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...e-of-the-tomb-raider-ps4-pro-vs-pc-comparison

That aside, hopefully this decision portends other PS exclusives like God of War, Uncharted and Spiderman being released on PC.

Yeah, most PS4 Pro games are 1440p or so and upscaled to 4K with checkerboard rendering or some other technique. But it is surprisingly effective as well and in motion, without comparing still screenshots, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference on a 4K display or esp. a 1080p display with Supersampling enabled. This game specifically is friggin gorgeous on PS4 Pro, so I'm definitely interested to see if they can really bump image quality up that much more even on PC without adding RT to it or something (which I'm not sure the Decima engine even supports - probably not). But I'll be much more excited for 60+ FPS on it once I get it on my PC despite me not really having an issue with it at 30 FPS on PS4. 30 FPS is totally fine for me as long as it doesn't drop any frames at all and is perfectly locked, as it was on Horizon.

Ex-Guerilla Games developer on upset fans over HZD coming to PC: What the hell is wrong with you people. We made a game, you enjoyed it. Now some more people get to enjoy it. And somehow that takes away from YOUR enjoyment?! Please be kind to yourselves. Your enjoyment of the game has not diminished because some more people get to play it

https://twitter.com/s3rioussam/status/1237591391137497088?s=21

Yeah, I'll never get the fanboyism. Although I am definitely a fan of the PS4 and will continue to get these exclusive games on it even if they're timed exclusives, I'll take the PC port every time as well afterwards if the game is good enough to warrant buying twice, which most PS4 exclusives are IMO. Sony has the best dev studios in the industry IMO, so they deserve all the sales they can get regardless and it makes sense for them to port their games to PC after they've milked them for all they can for a year or three on Playstation.

Some probably think it will hurt them by giving people incentive to think holding out for a PC port is a good idea, but I think it will actually drive more people to their console platform for the people who are introduced to a couple timed exclusive PC ports and then want the next game ASAP on Playstation when it launches; I know I will at least and I'm definitely not waiting years to see if one of their upcoming potentially best games ever (TLoU 2) comes to PC when it already looks as good or better than the vast majority of PC games on PS4 and I don't care nearly enough about 60 FPS for KB&M on most non-FPS games to hold out either. So for most people that will be introduced to Horizon on PC and get really hooked on it, you think they'll want to wait up to 3 years to play the sequel PC after it's out on PS5 (esp. if it doesn't even get announced until 2-3 years after release)? I bet a lot of them will pick up a PS5 for Horizon 2 and then get roped into all the other exclusives (timed or not) as well.

Last edited:
Its not 4K, and as much as Sony would like everyone to believe it is as good, it has been proven not to be where direct comparisons are available. E.g. -->

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...e-of-the-tomb-raider-ps4-pro-vs-pc-comparison

That aside, hopefully this decision portends other PS exclusives like God of War, Uncharted and Spiderman being released on PC.

Poor examples. Battlefield 1 runs at 1440p, Infinite Warfare runs at checkerboarded 1560p, and Wildlands runs at 1440p. Horizon runs at a constant checkerboarded 4K (3840x2160) resolution.
Yeah, most PS4 Pro games are 1440p or so and upscaled to 4K with checkerboard rendering or some other technique. But it is surprisingly effective as well and in motion, without comparing still screenshots, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference on a 4K display or esp. a 1080p display with Supersampling enabled. This game specifically is friggin gorgeous on PS4 Pro, so I'm definitely interested to see if they can really bump image quality up that much more even on PC without adding RT to it or something (which I'm not sure the Decima engine even supports - probably not). But I'll be much more excited for 60+ FPS on it once I get it on my PC despite me not really having an issue with it at 30 FPS on PS4. 30 FPS is totally fine for me as long as it doesn't drop any frames at all and is perfectly locked, as it was on Horizon.
Checkerboarded reconstruction isn't upscaling. The outputted image is the full pixel count of the target resolution.

Poor examples. Battlefield 1 runs at 1440p, Infinite Warfare runs at checkerboarded 1560p, and Wildlands runs at 1440p. Horizon runs at a constant checkerboarded 4K (3840x2160) resolution.

Checkerboarded reconstruction isn't upscaling. The outputted image is the full pixel count of the target resolution.

Seems like it's pretty much the same thing if it's still only rendering the game at 1440p before it "reconstructs" (upscales) the image to 4K. Not sure what really differentiates "reconstruction" from "upscaling" when they both effectively do the same thing (convert a lower res image to a higher res image).

Isn't the outputted image of an upscaled image also the full pixel count of the target resolution?

I can't think of many other mediums where you get a discount for software on a different platform than you originally purchased it on; movies, PC software, audio books, digital books, etc. If you buy a book, movie, app software, etc. on one software store, you usually don't get to own it thought any other digital store front as well. Closest thing to it that I can think of is getting to upgrade a digital movie from SD to HD or HD to UHD for free or at a discount on some digital stores.

MoviesAnywhere is leading the way for this with movies. Hopefully it really catches on to the point that all of our digital purchases will get to the point of being platform agnostic.

It looks quite good but there are still some artifacts and a bit of softness if you know what to look for; it's definitely in the realm of "close enough". I'm actually surprised that this sort of tech hasn't been implemented on PC yet.

Yeah, I'll never get the fanboyism. Although I am definitely a fan of the PS4 and will continue to get these exclusive games on it even if they're timed exclusives, I'll take the PC port every time as well afterwards if the game is good enough to warrant buying twice, which most PS4 exclusives are IMO. Sony has the best dev studios in the industry IMO, so they deserve all the sales they can get regardless and it makes sense for them to port their games to PC after they've milked them for all they can for a year or three on Playstation.

Some probably think it will hurt them by giving people incentive to think holding out for a PC port is a good idea, but I think it will actually drive more people to their console platform for the people who are introduced to a couple timed exclusive PC ports and then want the next game ASAP on Playstation when it launches; I know I will at least and I'm definitely not waiting years to see if one of their upcoming potentially best games ever (TLoU 2) comes to PC when it already looks as good or better than the vast majority of PC games on PS4 and I don't care nearly enough about 60 FPS for KB&M on most non-FPS games to hold out either. So for most people that will be introduced to Horizon on PC and get really hooked on it, you think they'll want to wait up to 3 years to play the sequel PC after it's out on PS5 (esp. if it doesn't even get announced until 2-3 years after release)? I bet a lot of them will pick up a PS5 for Horizon 2 and then get roped into all the other exclusives (timed or not) as well.

I generally don't buy a console until it's been out a couple of years and available at a discount as I just don't seem to get much use out of them so if exclusives start coming out 2-4 years later I'll probably just wait. There is 0 reason to own an Xbox as it's exclusives are all bad. The Switch's exclusives are mostly bad by being too tedious and/or boring (I'm looking at you BotW). The PS4 is the only one that's had anything really decent and that was limited to HZD and GoW; Bloodborne would be great if the performance wasn't so broken as to render it basically unplayable.

Yeah the entertainment industry is about the same buy it on vhs, then dvd, then bluray, then streaming, then vr, then... pay pay pay pay pay
I was thinking about how corporate service providers treat their clients. You buy a product, you get loyalty discounts when a superior version comes out of the same product line and you want to upgrade to it.

Yeah the entertainment industry is about the same buy it on vhs, then dvd, then bluray, then streaming, then vr, then... pay pay pay pay pay
I was thinking about how corporate service providers treat their clients. You buy a product, you get loyalty discounts when a superior version comes out of the same product line and you want to upgrade to it.

Just the nature of product vs services. I'm sure this will be discounted and doubt it will be full priced and if not, I'll assume a good sale will be hard shortly.

I think the big issue here is you'd have to synchronize your purchases across platforms. I'm not sure if Sony/Valve are willing to share that information with each other, plus any other technical issues that may arise. But individually on Steam/Playstation developers seem to give discounts to when upgrading to new versions. I know when the PS4 came out people who owned PS3 versions of some games could redeem the PS4 version for free. Or maybe that was Microsoft.

Back