Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4 exclusve)

Discussion in 'Console Gaming & Acc.' started by polonyc2, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Kinsaras

Kinsaras 2[H]4U

I got the GOTY a few months back for $9.99. If people miss this one just wait, it will be that price again soon enough.

The game is easily worth more for those who can't wait. Loved it.

Armenius likes this.
  2. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

I would pay full price for the initial release again.

T4rd, Viper16, MavericK and 3 others like this.
  3. Verge

Verge [H]ardness Supreme

x10000

Why can't all games be this good.

MavericK, Denpepe and Armenius like this.
  4. Ragenrok

Ragenrok 2[H]4U

Haha so this game is so good it got my dad back into video games. He use to love turok on the n64 and loves scifi so I figured this game might be right up his alley and I was totally right. He was up till 3am playing horizon last night and has about 15 hours into it already lol, I think he's considering buying a PS4 which would be amazing since he hasn't owned anything since the n64

GoldenTiger, El Derpo, T4rd and 5 others like this.
  5. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

I'm considering replaying it, and I virtually never do that with games.

6. T4rd

T4rd [H]ardForum Junkie

I definitely plan on replaying it at some point, which would be for 3rd time since I replayed it when the NewGame+ patch came out not long before the DLC did and on the hardest difficulty for the Platinum trophy (which I've only cared to Platinum this and God of War so far). But it's hard to know when that'll be when I'm still trying to get through RDR2, the Yakuza games, RE2 remake soon, Days Gone this spring, and the newer Tomb Raider games at the moment as well. Horizon is definitely my favorite newer IP from the last several years and I absolutely cannot wait for the continuation of this story.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    MavericK and Armenius like this.
  7. scojer

scojer 2[H]4U

I noticed the price dropped at Wal-Mart to $20 and, I'm going through some shit so playing games that keep my brain engaged are what I need. I just beat FarCry Primal, and needed another open world game, so I picked this up last night. Haven't played it yet but I'm looking forward to playing after work tonight. After reading through this thread, the bar is set pretty high.

T4rd and Viper16 like this.
  8. T4rd

T4rd [H]ardForum Junkie

Hope it's the complete game with the DLC then, cuz it has been on the PSN store several times now for $15-$20 for the complete edition (or whatever it's called). Every time I see it on sale, I try to recommend it to friends to play, but most of them are filthy casuals who only play multiplayer shooters or are just broke, lol.

When the PS5 launches, now that we know it'll have BC with PS4 games, I'm def going to go back and play this again with hopefully improved visual or framerate, not that I felt either was lacking on the PS4 Pro, but just as an excuse to play through it again while I wait for the sequel. The game actually feels surprisingly smooth at 30 FPS, because it has pretty much perfect frame pacing and amount of motion blur IMO. I almost expect them to release a remastered version on PS5, which I would totally buy too.

9. scojer

scojer 2[H]4U

Yes, it's the complete edition. I played it last night, and aside from the cheesy montage of young Aloy growing up, I'm enjoying it. I am about to start "the proving." The story is good so far, and the gameplay is solid.

Armenius and T4rd like this.
  10. scojer

scojer 2[H]4U

I just beat the main story last night, I put in over 50 hours so far. Now I have to play the Frozen Wilds.

The story was fantastic, some of the dialogue cheesy. The game is solid, it's fun, gorgeous, and I like it almost as much as God of War.

11. Verge

Verge [H]ardness Supreme

yea and what has guerrilla games been up to? Please release the sequel soon

Armenius, Q-BZ and Colonel Sanders like this.
  12. T4rd

T4rd [H]ardForum Junkie

I recommend playing NG+ on ultra hard now that you have the upgraded equipment, then doing Frozen Wilds when you get to that area again. I had a blast playing through the game again like that, then I Platinum'd it as well (think that was the first one I did on PS4 too).

They're definitely working on a sequel, but I wouldn't expect it out for another few years on the PS5. I highly doubt it'll be a launch title.

Armenius, scojer and Q-BZ like this.