- Mar 10, 2014
Played through game and DLC over the past week with 0 crashes. Really liked it in pretty much every aspect. Now I'm bored again without a similar game to play
Loved both AC games (on PC) - unfortunately I do not have a PS4 so I can't do Ghost. Planning on getting a PS5 for exclusives when it comes out, everything else I'll continue to play on PC.I can highly recommend AC Origins, AC Odyssey, and Ghosts of Tsushima if you have a PS4.
WTF... went back to Japanese... I spent a day getting used to the new layout.Whatever update they did borked something with my settings: The Frozen Wilds icon in the upper right was in Japanese from the start, and B was "yes" amd A was "no". Now it the icon is in English and B is "no" and A is "yes".
I assume this is from X and O of PS controller, in Japan X is no and O is yes.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when users would create a new game and their save game slots were full
- Fixed a startup crash related to temp folder
- Also fixed an AI crash that could occur during combat
- Fixed an AI crash in the EventMessageHandler
- Fixed a crash related to WorldData sampling (the callstack would end in WorldMapData::SampleAtPixel)
- Also fixed a crash when users would instantly back out when changing sliders in the Settings menu
- Fixed a crash that would occur when having the “Greetings” option open in photo mode and then exiting
- Potential fix for memory corruption in AI routines which could lead to crashes
- Potential fix for a GPU hang caused by a threading issue
- Fixed a mismatch that would occur on Shader Model 6.0 and 6.1 hardware which could lead to a crash
- General improvement to CPU performance (depending on CPU/GPU speeds, this can result in a 1-10% performance improvement)
- Improved performance of camera cuts in cinematics and conversations
- HDR – Fixed colour banding issues in HDR mode
- Mouse Controls – Fixed an issue where mouse sensitivity was incorrect when framerate wasn’t constant
- Aiming – Fixed an issue where Aloy was unable to shoot while being able to do a critical attack near a machine
- Cutscenes – Fixed an issue where geometry and textures would pop in after camera cuts
- Adaptive Performance – Fixed an issue where lighting glitches would occur when turning on Adaptive Performance
- Volumetrics – Fixed an issue which could cause blinking artifacts in volumetric effects, like fog
- Reverb – Fixed several issues where excessive reverb was noticeable in specific quests
- Visibility – Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause geometry to briefly disappear after streaming
More weapons on the wheel would be nice...I'd love to see a wheel for outfits as well. But I suspect most everything you've mentioned are the way they are for game balance reasons, e.g. they are intentional design choices.Lots of changes I would have liked (at least for the PC version) just to name a few: to be able to equip up to 8 weapons simultaneously, maybe another 'tier' of armors/weapons with more mod slots, increased inventory size limits per item, 'tinker' skill (reuse mods skill) unlocked by default, faster animations to remove some clunkiness (for eg loading 3 arrows into a bow takes too long), less enemy elemental resistances in end game areas, remove hitboxes on enemy corpses to make battles less janky - but generally the base game we got was great as is.
I had to verify local files on mine because I thought I had something going on and it's good now. Your settings should have held but you may want to quickly look over those, too, just in case.For some reason it feels like it performs worse for me after the 1.04 patch. No crashes yet, though.
I tried that...no change really. Performance seems the same as it ever did, if not worse. I wonder if I need to try a full uninstall / reinstall. Hate to do that with a 70 GB game, but with each patch it almost seems worse for me.I had to verify local files on mine because I thought I had something going on and it's good now. Your settings should have held but you may want to quickly look over those, too, just in case.
Sorry you had the issues. Frozen Wilds is ok but it can wait.I managed to get past the crash by using the variable rendering target thing, which someone on Reddit with the exact same issue tried awhile back. Finished the game...not sure if I will finish up the last Frozen Wilds quests or head into NG+ on Ultra Hard. I also have a bunch of other games to play, so I might shelve it for a bit and wait for more stability patches. Finished out at max level (60) with just about 80 hours played.
I've done all of the Frozen Wilds stuff other than the hunting grounds and the "kill all fireclaws" thing at the end of the DLC, so mostly done. Just not sure if I want to go through and clean up the rest of that stuff at the moment.Sorry you had the issues. Frozen Wilds is ok but it can wait.
There's also New Game+ where you can start a new game with everything you acquired in the current game.Alright, this is the only game where I did 90%+ of what is there to do, and I kinda wanna go back and just putz around. I finished all the Hunting Grounds with all Sunstones, got the special gear, but they all kinda suck if you did Frozen Wilds. Now I am done. Will backup the save data and move on .
Mouse and keyboard is my preferred way to play this. Aiming seems way better. I went through the game on PS4 as well and my only real complaint was having to use a controller.Anyone else playing with keyboard and mouse? I know this game is fine tuned for a controller, but the sprint button (clicking L3, particularly while the analog stick is at full tilt) is absolutely destroying my thumb. I'm in physical pain from clicking it so much.
I also stopped just before the last mission. I've been finishing off stuff I missed plus doing some of the DLC. I'm not playing as much lately, so think I'll just go ahead and finish the main storyline, then finish the dlc. I haven't done any of the hunting grounds, since they seem to be bugged for me. I get the various dialog options with the huntmaster (or whatever he was called), but I can't actually select one. Dialog everywhere else in the game is fine. I really love the game, and hope the sequel gets ported to pc in a reasonable amount of time.I'm just about done; reached the point where the final battle is available and went off to look at the DLC. Still have the hunting grounds and a couple of metal flowers left. This game is amazing and full of cool moments. The climb up to GAIA Prime was incredibly fun just stealthing past all of the machines in the darkness. I've really enjoyed the story also; I had assumed through most of the game that the Faro Plague was responsible for the machines becoming so dangerous so the GAIA/HADES twist and the Zero Dawn project is pretty cool stuff.
Agreed. If you are going to do it, do it right before you fight the final boss and finish the game. Go in with the super armor.IMHO you should do the DLC first before finishing the main game. To me it feels like a part of the game they ripped out of the main story. Kind of like a director's cut of the movie where some scenes didn't really add much to the main story so they took it out because the film would be too long for theaters. And besides (a big spoiler) ... the story ends and puts you back pre-last mission when you finish, so timeline wise the DLC takes place before the last mission.