Horizon: Forbidden West (PS5 exclusive)

UltraTaco

Limp Gawd
MavericK , they'll likely want everyone to buy nd play it to death on console, ***then*** repeat the process again by inserting PC port. Dual intensity profit!

DPI

[H]F Junkie
Really want to play this but don't really want to buy a PS5 (if I could even get one right now).

I'd like to hope that we don't have to wait 3 years for the PC port like the last game.
We're not going to see a PC release in any timeframe that anyone here will be happy with. The problem is Sony is running away with this console generation, and each one these juggernaut PS5 exclusives is just bodyslamming Phil Spencer again and again. I don't see Sony letting up.

1622503523268.png

Last edited:

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Sony has always had the best exclusives...they are not dumb enough to release all their exclusives on PC...when they do it'll be 2-3 years after the initial console release when sales have dried up and they are giving the game away on PS Plus...

Porter_

[H]F Junkie
Really want to play this but don't really want to buy a PS5 (if I could even get one right now).

I'd like to hope that we don't have to wait 3 years for the PC port like the last game.

I was kind of the same way though I was coming from more of a place of ambivalence. I happened to get through to checkout in a Best Buy drop in mid-March and I thought what the hell why not. I haven’t played anything but the PS5 since. Really one of the best purchases I’ve made in a while. Now my situation might be somewhat unique since I skipped the end of the PS3 era and all of the PS4. So I have a lot of games to catch up on. Long story short - I recommend buying a PS5. Profound statement, I know.

Reactions: T4rd
like this

T4rd

Fully [H]
I assume the time to PC port will mostly correlate with how successful the game was on console; Death Stranding flopped by Sony standards and it was ported to PC like 9 months after launch on PS4. All other ports so far have been 2+ years and they were pretty successful on console. Makes sense so Sony can still incentivize prospective console buyers and milk the exclusives as much as possible before porting to PC for additional sales. Then you have suckers like me who buy their games on both platforms because IMO they're generally the best on the market and I would like to support single player games with high production values and virtually no micro-transactions as much as possible.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Horizon Forbidden West Devs On New Abilities, Release Window, And More

Mathijs de Jonge, game director, and Benjamin McCaw, narrative director, from Guerrilla Games discuss Aloy's new abilities, Horizon Forbidden West's release window, and so much more...

Derangel

Fully [H]
I assume the time to PC port will mostly correlate with how successful the game was on console; Death Stranding flopped by Sony standards and it was ported to PC like 9 months after launch on PS4. All other ports so far have been 2+ years and they were pretty successful on console. Makes sense so Sony can still incentivize prospective console buyers and milk the exclusives as much as possible before porting to PC for additional sales. Then you have suckers like me who buy their games on both platforms because IMO they're generally the best on the market and I would like to support single player games with high production values and virtually no micro-transactions as much as possible.

Death Stranding's PC version was announced before the PS4 version even released.