Horizon Forbidden West

I disagree. They look like the same character (accounting for changes in lightening, detail, rendering) but the HFW model looks much older than what a six month difference should account for. Of course, Aloy never looked 18 in HZD either.
Something looks way off to me. Simply put, the facial structuring don't match between them.

Why is this being made into such a big deal? I remember people bitching they changed Lara Croft in Shadow of the Tomb raider. Stop nerd raging over dumb shit.
I actually don't remember that, and I also don't remember change in the character's appearance, you have any articles referencing that?

I actually don't remember that, and I also don't remember change in the character's appearance, you have any articles referencing that?
do you really need to find an article? let me write one for you:

"Shadow of the Tomb Raider developer Eidos Montreal made minor texture and mesh changes to the character model of the titular Lara Croft. incel fans became outraged when it became clear *cough*was spelled out to them in a clickbaity youtube video*cough* it was done to advance feminism and the woke agenda writ large. we will update you as this story develops."

"Shadow of the Tomb Raider developer Eidos Montreal made minor texture and mesh changes to the character model of the titular Lara Croft. incel fans became outraged when it became clear *cough*was spelled out to them in a clickbaity youtube video*cough* it was done to advance feminism and the woke agenda writ large. we will update you as this story develops."
So fake news about fake people being angry about a fictional character? Got it.

I was genuinely interested in the actual story because I really don't remember anything like that happening. You should take some time out and cool down. Lashing out like this for no reason is not healthy.

I was genuinely interested in the actual story because I really don't remember anything like that happening. You should take some time out and cool down. Lashing out like this for no reason is not healthy.

I seem to recall something being said about her slight redesign back then, but a quick Google search doesn't bring up much controversy just some articles talking about the reasons behind the change.

thanks Dr. M76.

i think the redesign actually happened after the original Tomb Raider reboot from 2013. i forget if it was first seen in the Tomb Raider "definitive edition" that was released on Xbox One and PS4 or if that was done to fit with changes made for Rise of the Tomb Raider. i thought the original reboot version was a better looking character design.

Strange to see delays past the almighty holiday sales window into February. This isn't the game I've watched this happen to.

Strange to see delays past the almighty holiday sales window into February. This isn't the game I've watched this happen to.
The original game was also released in Feb, a lot of games have started to launch outside the holiday window, too crowded a time for some.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
thanks Dr. M76.

i think the redesign actually happened after the original Tomb Raider reboot from 2013. i forget if it was first seen in the Tomb Raider "definitive edition" that was released on Xbox One and PS4 or if that was done to fit with changes made for Rise of the Tomb Raider. i thought the original reboot version was a better looking character design.
It was the Definitive Edition. There was nothing sinister done, they just tried to make her face look more like the one you see in the opening CG movie. Unfortunately it turned out kind of funny looking in practice during gameplay. They did get rid of the sharp and angular features in her face as the series progressed, though, probably just trying to make her appear more empathetic since some voices on the internet have criticized her reboot character as being a mass murderer. I do agree that ultimately her look in 2013 Definitive Edition was the best.

1629992583992.png

Horizon Forbidden West: An authentic world

“When you walk through the Forbidden West, everything should feel like it belongs there. The Living World team at Guerrilla works on aspects of the game that make the world feel authentic and alive: the tribes, the settlements, and the people within them. There’s an intention behind everything we place within the world”...

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/11/22/horizon-forbidden-west-an-authentic-world/

Actual 4K trailer from the source instead of upscaled. The PlayStation channel just uploaded it like 5 minutes ago.

This really needs to get here already.
Yeah, this will be one of those games I take leave from work to play on launch day at least. Like I did with TLoU 2 and played through that in like 3 sittings.

But I'm sure this game will take a few weeks for me to grind through at least like the first game did. Think the first Horizon lasted me about 45ish hours on my first play through and I did absolutely every side quest available before the last main story quest to extend the game as long as possible for me. The I spent at least that long again on my NG+ game playing it on Ultra Hard again. So I'm hoping this game is at least as long as the first game.

I forgot this was coming so soon. After like 5 months of big releases we now have a pile of stuff hitting at the same time. Even though I played the original on the PC, I'll probably bite on the PS5 version of this one. As long as 60fps is on the table, I don't really care what the platform is. Also, I don't really feel like waiting a year to play it.

I forgot this was coming so soon. After like 5 months of big releases we now have a pile of stuff hitting at the same time. Even though I played the original on the PC, I'll probably bite on the PS5 version of this one. As long as 60fps is on the table, I don't really care what the platform is. Also, I don't really feel like waiting a year to play it.
Ditto, don’t think I’m patient enough to wait for the PC release so I’ll play this on the PS5. Game looks incredible, can’t wait to continue Aloy’s story.

Shit I'd be playing at 30fps on my old PS4 Pro if I needed to even if the PC release was only a few months away. This was pretty much my 2017 GOTY though.

Fortunately I'm off work on the Friday it launches, so I'll have 3 straight days with it immediately, and I'm tempted to take the following Monday off for it too 😅.

An early build of Guerrilla Games' highly anticipated Horizon Forbidden West has reportedly leaked online ahead of the game's release next month...VGC reports that the leak is "legitimate" and includes "the entire core content planned for the final game"...

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...n-west-build-has-leaked-weeks-before-release/

This is sad and unfortunate. It makes me wonder if it was an inside job leak.

I think the game is going to be fantastic.

Back