Hoping somebody knows these brands M&K vs Paradigm

scoobert

Limp Gawd
Looking at going away from my klipsch 2.1 and thought I would start with bookshelf speakers and then down the whole rabbit hole of amp, sub and dac.

Anyhow I am starting with my little Denon RCD-N7 ( https://www.crutchfield.com/S-hjpXUNTE2G6/p_033RCDN7/Denon-RCD-N7-White.html ) because it is just sitting in my basement doing nothing. I am sure it will get upgraded fairly quickly but right now I need a set of speakers for it. I have a set of Klipsch KB-15's on it right now and I really dont like the way they sound so off to the local pawn shop I go and I found 2 choices pretty cheap. Both are in nice shape and work but I never heard of either of the brands.

Paradigm Atom Monitor V.5 is one and the other is a Miller and Kreisel S-80.

Is one of these brands better then the other to start with, and maybe even stay with? Both are about the same price and in really good condition.

Thanks

Your question is totally subjective. You should always try to try out your speakers in your own room before a purchase decision. Even a good speaker can sound bad if it doesn't match your room and/or your placement is not optimal. Those speakers are very small and are suitable for a small room. The Atom has a very lackluster bass performance (extends only to 70hz) so unless you plan to listen mostly acoustic music, you'll be wanting a sub of some sorts.

If I were you I'd make a deal with the pawn shop to try them both out and then choose. Remember that placement is important, the speakers should be placed symmetrically in a listening triangle and at least 2 feet away from wall surfaces. Side walls are most critical, keep them spaced out.

Your question is totally subjective. You should always try to try out your speakers in your own room before a purchase decision. Even a good speaker can sound bad if it doesn't match your room and/or your placement is not optimal. Those speakers are very small and are suitable for a small room. The Atom has a very lackluster bass performance (extends only to 70hz) so unless you plan to listen mostly acoustic music, you'll be wanting a sub of some sorts.

If I were you I'd make a deal with the pawn shop to try them both out and then choose. Remember that placement is important, the speakers should be placed symmetrically in a listening triangle and at least 2 feet away from wall surfaces. Side walls are most critical, keep them spaced out.
Thank you so much.

Ended up with the Paradigms for 50 bucks. They sounded really good hooked up to my HT AVR.

Now I just need to find a integrated amp with optical in for my computer :)

Screenshot_20200513-062607.png
95703064_552927618746144_4105892304370270208_n.jpg

Paradigm is quality stuff. What's your $$ for an integrated amp?

Paradigm is quality stuff. What's your $$ for an integrated amp?
I am not sure which way to go and was about to drive people nuts with yet another thread 😃

I am not sure which would be the "better" way to go.

I would like to be in the sub $200 range for an amp. But not sure if i should pick up a little dac and then an old stereo (like a 90's technics, sansui) or get one of the new little amps on amazon with the tubes.

Back