hooking up multiple sources to one DVI input? link me to a piece of hardware!

I don't know really what to search for, Im GUESSING a KVM switch of some sort, but with all these options continuously going through my head as to what to get as far as a monitor (dell 30, benq 24, benq 30, westy 37)

should i decide to go with the dell 30" (due to possible coupons, price drops, etc.)

what/who makes something out there that would let me hook up multiple components (computer, hdtv set top box, ps3/xbox360) to it and be able to run the one DVI cable to the monitor, and be able to switch back and forth.

Thanks for the help!

I think he means a switch box (since he mentioned a KVM)

I use an HDMI switch, using DVI-HDMI cables to go from my Cable box/DVD to my Viewsonic 27" LCD.

Something like this?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7521069&type=product&id=1127211013448

I tried pluggin my PC running a 7800GTX in, and it works from Boot, but switching somehow tells the Video card to stay "off" so going back to the PC there is no signal.

I think there is something of a "stay awake" signal that the box isn't relaying.

I got mine at cost (GF worked at BB for a while), but the remote control ones only get more $$ (350+).

Xiro said:
I think the OP is asking for a way to hook up 2-3 DVI inputs into a single monitors dvi input and have a selector to choose which is displayed on screen.

exactly.

I am sooo torn on what monitor to get. I keep going back and forth between the Dell 30", Westinghouse LVM-37w3, NEC 20WMGx2, or this elusive Benq FP241W.

3 of the 4 have all the other hookups, and the Dell doesnt. Should I decide to choose the dell (for the primarily PC used 2560x1600 resolution) I wanted something that I could connect my HD DVR box (dvi or component) and XBox360 or PS3 (possible future purchases) to AS WELL AS MY PC, and be able to switch between the 3, should I choose the 30" Dell.

doubt anything can upconvert to that ridiculous 2560x1600 resolution....

Back