Hooking Klipsch PM Ultra 5.1 to Xbox 360

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
How would I do this? What do I need? I don't think they make the decoder for the Ultras anymore...and even if they did...thats to expensive for me! Any cheap way to hook them up and get full 5.1?

you need a dolby digital decoder with analog 5.1 outputs... you might be able to find a used reciever or preamp to do this... how much money are you willing to pay for such an item?

Gavinfoxx said:
you need a dolby digital decoder with analog 5.1 outputs... you might be able to find a used reciever or preamp to do this... how much money are you willing to pay for such an item?

Lol...maybe $100 max? I still have to buy a 24" Dell widescreen LCD and Xbox 360 itself + some games :eek:

Check your local BestBuy's clearance table. Maybe eBay too. I recently sold my spare receiver there for $103 (it was a POS but it would've done what you need).

The Creative DDTS-100 is more readily available, has an analog passthrough (allowing you to connect to your PC and Xbox without having to unplug your speakers, 3 optical inputs, a coaxial input, and in addition to DD, decodes DDEX, DTS, DTS-ES, plus a gangload of matrix modes. You can get it for 149.00 direct from Creative, Ive seen it for as low as 112.00 online here using the 10% coupon

ncantador said:
The Creative DDTS-100 is more readily available, has an analog passthrough (allowing you to connect to your PC and Xbox without having to unplug your speakers, 3 optical inputs, a coaxial input, and in addition to DD, decodes DDEX, DTS, DTS-ES, plus a gangload of matrix modes. You can get it for 149.00 direct from Creative, Ive seen it for as low as 112.00 online here using the 10% coupon

Cool, i'll get that for my birthday or something :p

It'll work with my klipsch speakers right?

I made my pc a media hub. I have xbox and ps2 hooked up to a dell 2405. Then i have the optical outs going into the audigy2 drive bay. 5.1 sound and widecreen gaming at the pc desk :).

HybridHB said:
I made my pc a media hub. I have xbox and ps2 hooked up to a dell 2405. Then i have the optical outs going into the audigy2 drive bay. 5.1 sound and widecreen gaming at the pc desk :).

Does the 2405 scale well? Like...does 480i/p look good on it? Not that I care...no X360 games will be that low.

Have you see 1280x720 on the 2405? I'm thinkin about getting that for 360 but I can't make up my mind.

Also, I have an Audigy 2 ZS ( regular )...would I be able to do what you did?

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Does the 2405 scale well? Like...does 480i/p look good on it? Not that I care...no X360 games will be that low.

Have you see 1280x720 on the 2405? I'm thinkin about getting that for 360 but I can't make up my mind.

720p and 1080i look great on my 2005, 480p doesn't look good at all. My monitor wont do 1080p. Don't know how the 2405 handles 480P.

HybridHB said:

Another great thing about the DDTS100 is that you don't need to have your PC on to use it.

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Cool, i'll get that for my birthday or something :p

It'll work with my klipsch speakers right?

If you're interested in buying one used, send me a PM. I recently got a receiver so I don't use mine any more

fugu said:
If you're interested in buying one used, send me a PM. I recently got a receiver so I don't use mine any more

If he doesn't want it, you and I can talk about it. I just sent you a PM

An Extigy would work too if you can find one for cheap, youd run the optical line to your extigy then the extigy to the ultra's... Ive ran my xbox like that for years now.. Its nice to have.

Mike

Circuitbreaker8 said:

720p games on xbox look really good. 480p is ugly but acceptable. If you get the platinum drive for the zs then you can do what i did.

HybridHB said:
720p games on xbox look really good. 480p is ugly but acceptable. If you get the platinum drive for the zs then you can do what i did.

And it'll convert it to DD5.1? I wonder which I should do...

The Creative DDTS-100 or Audigy 2 ZS Platinum....

WEll the xbox has optical out. The xbox itself does DDL so it passes that to the ZS plat, and plays the audio through your 5.1 PC speakers. I have the Plat drive FS if your interested.

HybridHB said:
WEll the xbox has optical out. The xbox itself does DDL so it passes that to the ZS plat, and plays the audio through your 5.1 PC speakers. I have the Plat drive FS if your interested.

Will the plat. drive hook up to my normal audigy 2 zs?

to the X-Fi Platinum I/O box and have the sound come out of my Klipsch Ultras? I plan to get one next week and I was just wondering if I could...

Edit:Hardy har :p

Yes you could and Yes it would work the same as a Audigy 2 ZS card with a platinum drive bay.

woot for the cruddy old extigy. yeah it decodes great! but right after i got it i got a DD stereo. Then i couldn't get it to NOT decode the signal. i used it the other day cuz it fell off a shelf. heh, wish there were newer, less annoying drivers.

Back