hooking a 24pin psu to a 20 pin mobo

Panda Man

Limp Gawd
Is there ANY way to possibly hook a 24-pin power supply to a 20-pin mobo without a converter? i just got my new SPU, and I am just now realizing that it uses a 24-pin main connector, when i only need a 20-pin, and i called every shop i could reach with no luck of finding a converter. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

What PSU is it by chance? If its anything new, it should have (I dont think its a standard feature though) a detachable 4pin on the 24-pin for use with 20-pin mobos.

Yes if it is lacking the detachable 4pin on the main ATX just plug it straight in (it is keyed to only fit one way) and let the extra four pins hang off.

THANK YOU!!!! i was about to crap all over myself, i decided it would be better to post the question here rather than experiment and mess up my comp again today (yea, i was messing around and currupted my BIOS today. Or at least that's what i think a bad checksum means. At least i can clean up after myself)

and in case you still wish to know, i have got a RAIDMAX RX-530 ATX12V/ EPS12V 530W, the connecotr isn't detachable, that's why i was worried

Back