Honey I enlarged the DS!

Robert_Whited

[H] News Editor
Nintendo has decided to go big with the little guy. Do you think they are compensating for something? The DSi XL is small in stature still, yet large in screen size.

Fully equipped, the DSi XL leaves none of its predecessors (DSi) features behind, but as expected, there are improvements.

Nintendo should make the next GameBoy instead of fucking around with the DS. It was great and all, but I'll stick with my PSP for emulators (NES, GAMEBOY, GBA ? cmon!) and non-puzzle games that don't keep my attention.

Nintendo should make the next GameBoy instead of fucking around with the DS. It was great and all, but I'll stick with my PSP for emulators (NES, GAMEBOY, GBA ? cmon!) and non-puzzle games that don't keep my attention.

There will be no next Gameboy. The Gameboy brand is dead. The Micro was the end of it. And they'll keep "fucking around" with the DS until it stops selling. Hell they're doing a 3D one now.

Nintendo should make the next GameBoy instead of fucking around with the DS. <snip>

No. Enough with the fucking Gameboys. There has been, what, seven iterations of the Gameboy name (with four iterations just being resizes or rehashes of a major release), and that doesn't factor in the Gameboy Player and the Super Gameboy for the Gamecube and SNES, respectively.

There will be no next Gameboy. The Gameboy brand is dead. The Micro was the end of it. And they'll keep "fucking around" with the DS until it stops selling. Hell they're doing a 3D one now.

The 3DS is a new generation. So its basically the DS 2.

I think it's important to say, I am quite disappointed in my xbox 360. Everything costs so much, and it's a limited platform for me to play with (beyond just gaming).

I have _never_ been disappointed with my DS.

Sweet! 256 x 192 on 4.2"! DS Fat, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, and upcoming DSi Mini

Not a big deal in my household as neither one of my sons have asked me to buy it for them!! And my oldest has had every iteration of Gameboy/DS, sometimes in multiple, since 1999!! He showed no interest in this new version when I mention reading about it a few weeks ago. And it isn't that he doesn't use his DS anymore as he just bought Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver a couple of weeks ago!!

But the way my eyes are going.. I might need one soon to replace my aging silver DS Fat.. the screens are so dark compared to the newer versions!!

nintendo_dsi-vs-dsi-xl_460.jpg
upgrade-dsi-xl-251x300.jpg

I think what you'll find is that the DSi XL is aimed more at people with poor eyesight; including the elderly.

You'd be surprised how many older people I see using the DS these days, including my grandma, and a 68 year old woman I work with who recently completed Spirit Tracks!

It's a wonderful little console.

i know a bunch of the older ladies (45+) in my office playing the ds. most are hooked on brain age, but professor layton has been making huge inroads in the office.

that said i'm staying away from new DS systems. I am still speaking with my wallet after dropping gameboy advance compatibility. There were new advance games coming out as recently as a year or two ago, kinda miffed about losing easy access to my large collection.

i know a bunch of the older ladies (45+) in my office playing the ds. most are hooked on brain age, but professor layton has been making huge inroads in the office.

that said i'm staying away from new DS systems. I am still speaking with my wallet after dropping gameboy advance compatibility. There were new advance games coming out as recently as a year or two ago, kinda miffed about losing easy access to my large collection.

You know you can still buy the DS lite right?

My dslite has been sitting in my cars center console for at least a year but in reality I would saw at least 2 or more. It has been pulled out once at a party at a friends house. His daughter was playing with her pink ds lite with mario kart and someone had my friends. I went and got mine which someone had a charge and let them use it as a third system(we did let it charge part way through).

Brain age was fun for me although it could never tell the difference between me saying blue and black. Pretty much killed the daily game for me.

Back