homeworld

They are both pretty good, HW2 is a bit better though. Definately worth getting for real rts fans.

They're also friggin awesome to play multiplayer cause of the massive playing field and unique game-type.

JRPereira said:
I hated homeworld 2 - my favorite was cataclysm.
for me it was just the opposite. I loved homeworld 2, and hated cataclysm. To each his own i guess.

Cataclysm fucking ruled! HomeWorld 2 was the shittiest piece of a sequal ever in gaming history, curse you Sierra!!

Killdozer said:
I liked the Cataclysm expansion more than I did the original release.

"Our children are not are ourselves.......we have been....and always will be........With this vessel around usssss....we will NEVER be contained.....again...!"

"It tears at us.....rewritting song......memories lost......binds us........this.....this cannot be.... We....will not be.....BOUND!!!!! "

"Look at you, look at what you did to our fleet! The big and mighty Bentusai, slaughting there very people who are trying to help, your worse then the Beast, at least the Beast doesnt' pretend to be rightious!!"

"Burn in hell demon....burn!!!!"

"NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Now, are you going to help us? Or are we going to have to ram this mining vessel down the throat of the first ship that approaches?"

Ah...classic moments in that game.

I think HW, Cataclysm, and HW2 are all under $10 right now so if you liked one of them you definitely should just get them all.

btw, is there ever gonna be a HW3?

HW was awesome....I'm playing through Cataclsym - which is standalone - right now. I loved having a flotilla of capital ships towards the end of the SP campaign. Great stuff.

grifter said:
does hw and hw cataclysm run on xp?

Yeah, they run with very little problem. I get a random crash here & there but SLI tends to mess older games up. Also be sure to run in Win 95 compatibility mode.

grifter said:
is either the prequel or sequel worth the purchase?
Both are solid games, though it should be noted they are pretty tough. If you like a challenge then go for it.

Original Homeworld is all badass. Might have the best soundtrack of any game I have played. The expansion (cataclysm) had good and bad, (What I wouldn't give for time compression in the first one) New and interesting ships, but I thought alot of the missions were bland tripe, and the endless mimic crap really got on my nerves . Homeworld 2 disappointed me alot. It's like the Deus Ex sequel. Dumbed down in all the wrong ways, and why in the holy hell they made frigates so underpowered is beyond me. They pop like fighters. It looks best by far however and it is still an entertaining game in it's own right. They are all playable but I think the first one kills the others.

Back