Homefront, $15 at Gamersgate (Activates/Requires Steam)

I know the game was pretty much universally hated when it came out by the review sites, but for those that bought it anyways is it worth $15?

considering how many good games I have bought for cheaper than 15 bucks, I will pass. maybe I will buy when it is closer to 5 bucks.

how's the community? I aint buyng it for the sp, I want to play it online, but if the community is dead, I'd wait till it's $5.00 or $2.50 :p

The game isnt perfect. I was a hater at first, but after playing the free weekend that they had a month or two back I actually didn't mind it. Yeah spawns suck ass, but I enjoyed myself.

Homefront, it's predecessor, sucks royal ass. Homefront isnt anywhere near that territory.

I hate Crysis 2, but Homefront isnt that bad. For $15 its not bad. It's no BF/COD AAA title.

If you bought MOH because it was cheap, i'd throw Homefront into the same boat. MOH got shit reviews at first and immediately went into the bargain bin. After some patching people started to recommend it. Homefront is the same.

Hows the online community doing? I'd hate to buy this game just to find out no one plays online anymore.

The single player is worth it for $15. The multiplayer is terrible.
you actually think that sub 5 hour campaign is worth 15 bucks? there have been great games with tons of hours of fun single and multi player for 15 bucks or cheaper.

I don't get what all the hate is for... It's like a poor mans Cod/CS:S hybrid. It's slightly clunky but I had fun building up money like CS:S and buying upgrades like tanks rocket launchers and such.

After buying this and playing it for an hour, I sat and pondered.."Why does every game that comes out on the Unreal Engine that I have tried suck? Homefront-Sucks. Section 8- Suck. Frontlines- Suck."

Then I went and loaded up Bad Company 2 and forgot all about the $14 I paid for Homefront.

BC2 isnt bad, but it did take me a while to get into after playing BF42/BF2. But try strafe running in BC2.

BC2 has more than a few WTF issues itself. But if you don't own either game, I'd highly recommend it first over Homefront.

As far as the UT engine, I will take a stab and say that low budget titles use it because of the cheap licensing fee for a modern game.

After buying this and playing it for an hour, I sat and pondered.."Why does every game that comes out on the Unreal Engine that I have tried suck? Homefront-Sucks. Section 8- Suck. Frontlines- Suck."

Then I went and loaded up Bad Company 2 and forgot all about the $14 I paid for Homefront.

UE3 is widely used, so I suspect you probably haven't tried the better games. Try Mass Effect series, Batman AA (and soon AC), the upcoming RO2, Borderlands, and Mirror's Edge as examples of some of the better UE3 games on the PC.

I actually got this game when it first came out and I actually really enjoyed it online. Though I definitely couldn't recommend it now that THQ has gotten rid of, Khaos Studios, the developers of this game. Also I don't know if they ever took care of the cheater problem.

This game had a lot of potential but it never quite got much of it right. Save your $15 on a game that is still active.

Back