Homecloud Router - Need Feedback - Free Router

Homecloud

Official Homecloud Representative
--- THANKS FOR ALL THE SIGN UPS AND HELP! Closed for now but if I get more units, I'll be back! --------------------

Hi HardForum gang!

This is a new account but I've been around a while - Dean from BFG Tech & Galaxy...

I'm working with a company on a router called "Homecloud" that does some pretty cool stuff and I want to get some user feedback. I'm willing to give a few HF'ers a few unit (to keep) in exchange for some feedback... I have 5 units I can give away.

Ideal candidate:
- has home network with more than 2 computers (PC's or Mac - sorry no Linux client yet)
- Ideally an iOS device of some sort (not a deal breaker)
- Comfortable with home networking and installing a router.
- Willing to give feedback. I have a few short surveys that you'll fill out over a few weeks to see how the product is working, what you like or don't like etc..

PM me if you want in... First 5 people that fit my criteria get signed up...

If you want to learn about the product I'm talking about - www.homecloud.com

Thanks

Dean

Last edited:
Still have a few units unaccounted for.... :) Thanks to everyone that has inquired!

Hey Gang - I'm out of units for now - Thanks a million for the usual quick response by HF'ers... Love this place!

If we get a few more units to spare, I'll be back :)

If you know any JAVA developers, tell them to head over to www.homecloud.com and check out the app developer contest we started last week for the Homecloud. - $5000 first place prize! (Again - US only sry :-(

Thanks again!

Thanks Kyle!

Gonna have to start browsing at work, totally missed this!

I like mine, had a couple flip outs, assuming its firmware. I just lost connection, and 5 or so minutes, it was back online. Its been running over a week now. Only done that twice.

Anyone still running their homecloud router? It seem support has died and updates are done. Now if someone would port ddwrt or make a nice custom os for it. The hardware is good, but the software sucks!!

Anyone still running their homecloud router? It seem support has died and updates are done. Now if someone would port ddwrt or make a nice custom os for it. The hardware is good, but the software sucks!!

I had to pull mine. It demanded that I use it as the primary DNS server, and that wont work with my current network setup. Its too bad, the hardware is really nice, lots of potential.

Never got mine to work right, their support worked with me for a bit then just stopped responding

Yeah, mine worked OK, but their support seemed to drop it and none of my contacts would reply to email.

Back