Homecloud Router - Need Feedback - Free Router

Homecloud

Official Homecloud Representative
--- THANKS FOR ALL THE SIGN UPS AND HELP! Closed for now but if I get more units, I'll be back! --------------------

Hi HardForum gang!

This is a new account but I've been around a while - Dean from BFG Tech & Galaxy...

I'm working with a company on a router called "Homecloud" that does some pretty cool stuff and I want to get some user feedback. I'm willing to give a few HF'ers a few unit (to keep) in exchange for some feedback... I have 5 units I can give away.

Ideal candidate:
- has home network with more than 2 computers (PC's or Mac - sorry no Linux client yet)
- Ideally an iOS device of some sort (not a deal breaker)
- Comfortable with home networking and installing a router.
- Willing to give feedback. I have a few short surveys that you'll fill out over a few weeks to see how the product is working, what you like or don't like etc..

PM me if you want in... First 5 people that fit my criteria get signed up...

If you want to learn about the product I'm talking about - www.homecloud.com

Thanks

Dean

Last edited:

Homecloud

Still have a few units unaccounted for.... :) Thanks to everyone that has inquired!

Homecloud

Hey Gang - I'm out of units for now - Thanks a million for the usual quick response by HF'ers... Love this place!

If we get a few more units to spare, I'll be back :)

If you know any JAVA developers, tell them to head over to www.homecloud.com and check out the app developer contest we started last week for the Homecloud. - $5000 first place prize! (Again - US only sry :-(

Thanks again!

Thanks Kyle!

leezard

Supreme [H]ardness
Gonna have to start browsing at work, totally missed this!

tgray96

[H]ard|Gawd
I like mine, had a couple flip outs, assuming its firmware. I just lost connection, and 5 or so minutes, it was back online. Its been running over a week now. Only done that twice.

trick0502

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone still running their homecloud router? It seem support has died and updates are done. Now if someone would port ddwrt or make a nice custom os for it. The hardware is good, but the software sucks!!

wizdum

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone still running their homecloud router? It seem support has died and updates are done. Now if someone would port ddwrt or make a nice custom os for it. The hardware is good, but the software sucks!!

I had to pull mine. It demanded that I use it as the primary DNS server, and that wont work with my current network setup. Its too bad, the hardware is really nice, lots of potential.

leezard

Supreme [H]ardness
Never got mine to work right, their support worked with me for a bit then just stopped responding

Ehren8879

Supreme [H]ardness
Yeah, mine worked OK, but their support seemed to drop it and none of my contacts would reply to email.