Home Theatre Power Conditioner

Daemas

Gawd
Through work I can get Power Manager 2000 Surge Protection and Power Conditioner, for only $100. Currently I only have a 6outlet Tripplite that is probably 5-6 years old. I would be hooking up my 42" Plasma, 7.1 HD AV Receiver + Speakers, ps3, and cable box.

Anybody have any idea if this is any good? Will I notice any difference in the filtering? I was unable to find any kind of reviews online and I know Tripplite makes quality products, but I wonder if it's lost it's magic after 6 years of power surges and such.

As an aside, does anybody know of any that are power conditioner+surge suppression+battery backup? I can get a sine-wave UPS for like $160, but it doesn't have nearly that amount of joule rating. Can I hook up a UPS to the power conditioner or vice versa?

Thanks in advance,
Daemas

General question: Is the house power out of the outlet bad enough in your house that you notice how unclean it is? I've found many home theatre AVRs fairly forgiving in how tolerant they are of unclean power. Or are you doing something hinky, like ethernet-over-power?

General question: Is the house power out of the outlet bad enough in your house that you notice how unclean it is? I've found many home theatre AVRs fairly forgiving in how tolerant they are of unclean power. Or are you doing something hinky, like ethernet-over-power?

not really, i haven't really had any problems. I just saw it for what seems like cheap and wondered if it was something that would be worth it.

Back