Home Theater PC 8800GTX ?

Shogo

Limp Gawd
HI, im intersting in building a home theater pc with one of those 2 cases but im a bit worried a 8800GTX will touch the hard drive cage. its also gonna be paired with a Q6600 quadcore so heat output is maybe an issue too. no overclocking. anyone have some tips?:

ZALMAN HD160B
11-235-002-01.jpg

11-235-002-06.jpg

SILVERSTONE CW01B-R
11-163-086-02.jpg

image.php

A GTX is going to run right into the HDD cages, a GTS might be a better fit.

This ended up in the SFF gallery subsection. >.>

Since all boards are 9.6" across, that's... 24cm. GTS will be 2cm within limits, where as the GTX will be 3 cm overlimit.

Might as well get a GTS, since I imagine it'll run cooler, and thus, quieter.

That SILVERSTONE CW01B-R will fit 8800GTX without touching the hard drive cage but you will lose one or two hard drive slots.

HI, im intersting in building a home theater pc with one of those 2 cases but im a bit worried a 8800GTX will touch the hard drive cage. its also gonna be paired with a Q6600 quadcore so heat output is maybe an issue too. no overclocking. anyone have some tips?:

May I ask why you want to build a HTPC with a quad core and an 8800GTX? The quad core isn't useful for HTPC purposes and will just lead to more heat and noise. The 8800 GTX is meant for gaming and would be overkill, unless you plan on gaming at high resolutions on this HTPC.

I'd highly suggest you go for a Core 2 Duo and a cheaper video card, preferably a fanless one (8500/8600 for built in HD decoder). It'd be a lot cooler and quieter, and probably just as fast in terms of performance as a HTPC.

May I ask why you want to build a HTPC with a quad core and an 8800GTX? The quad core isn't useful for HTPC purposes and will just lead to more heat and noise. The 8800 GTX is meant for gaming and would be overkill, unless you plan on gaming at high resolutions on this HTPC.

qft

I'd highly suggest you go for a Core 2 Duo and a cheaper video card, preferably a fanless one (8500/8600 for built in HD decoder). It'd be a lot cooler and quieter, and probably just as fast in terms of performance as a HTPC.

x3.

x4.

x5.

Thought the same thing when I saw the thread title, this wouldn't be an HTPC, as those are meant to be quiet and functional, this would be so annoying sitting next to a TV, especially if you want to HEAR what you're watching.

I hate when people create threads and then never comment again on the subject.

Back