Home Security

Jay_2

2[H]4U
I wish to setup a 4 cam home security server (I have a rack setup at home.)

I want the cameras to be 3 wired and 1 wireless (so i can move it around if I wish to) and I want to be able to stream all the cams to the web (even if its only 1 fps) and for it to record if something moves past one of the cams and either send me an email with the recording in or simply save it to a local file for me to view at a later date..

What software do you think is best for this job? I have a free 2x P3 966mhz Dell server with 2 x 18.6gig 10K SCSI drives that I am going to put in the rack. I have 4meg Cable with 384k up (should be ok!)

Thanks guys (and gals?)

I think a big ass Doberman would be cheaper. Digital Camera poop is easier to clean up though!

Seriously, I've been considering something similar, except I'm looking for outdoor wireless cam's that don't cost a fortune

I have a very old version of Inetcam . It did the job for me with just some usb cams. but I was just taking pics out the window near the computer rooms.

Zoneminder is great assuming that you can get your card to work. I bought my DVR card before I knew about zoneminder. From what I have read in the ZM forums there are alot of cards available on fleaBay for cheap.

Hope this helps!

Back