Home Owners - $2 Bags of Mulch at Lowes

Rings up at $3.33 per bag and the code takes 10% off for me. Maybe it's regional.

Must be a Texas thing, shows up as $2 with a Houston zip code for me.

No go for me here in KY. About that time of year again though. :D

HOT DAMN YOU ROCK Kyle!!! Saved $70 on my order. I was about to drive to the landfill and shovel my own mulch for free. This is a much better idea lol. May just be a TX thing. I'm in Arlington. Here the $2 a bag is for brown, red, or black. I went with black. We always have brown from the landfill and our border is terra cotta so the red would be to much of that color range. Black makes things pop anyway.

Kyle, next time head over to Golden Tree and fill the hummer up.

The Hummer holds 40 bags without stacking it into the headliner (shit will ruin a headliner). Got 80 bags so far, got those all laid out.....shit, not enough, 20 more bags in the morning. Yeah, I got some stupid big flower beds.

Here is another 10% code too. 470074528812686 Seems you can only use that one once per account.

Code didn't work in AZ. Thanks Kyle.
I need to get a chipper/shredder so I can start making my own mulch.

HOT DAMN YOU ROCK Kyle!!! Saved $70 on my order. I was about to drive to the landfill and shovel my own mulch for free. This is a much better idea lol. May just be a TX thing. I'm in Arlington. Here the $2 a bag is for brown, red, or black. I went with black. We always have brown from the landfill and our border is terra cotta so the red would be to much of that color range. Black makes things pop anyway.

I'm basically your neighbor -- N. Grand Prairie here, 161/I30 area

Luckily I redid my front and back yards with peagravel and it looks just as good as the day I laid it all out, huzza 0 maintenance yard!

Reactions: scgt1
like this
I'm basically your neighbor -- N. Grand Prairie here, 161/I30 area

Luckily I redid my front and back yards with peagravel and it looks just as good as the day I laid it all out, huzza 0 maintenance yard!

Yea you are pretty damn close. I'm directly behind GM. Their back fence is our back fence. Small world we live in lol.

Only the black and red mulch is $2.00/bag here, the brown is still showing $3.33/bag. (at least according to the website)

...and scratch that, one link shows $2.00/bag on the black/red, others don't. Grr. :rage:

Does Kyle or anyone else that has picked some up know the weight per bag? I'm going to pick my order up soon but was wondering the total weight to know if I need to make two trips.

Deal is either dead or not available in all markets. Shows $3.33 a bag for me and that promo code comes back as already used.

Does Kyle or anyone else that has picked some up know the weight per bag? I'm going to pick my order up soon but was wondering the total weight to know if I need to make two trips.
Varies a lot depending how wet it is. I could fit 40 bags in the back of the H2 and it did not bottom out the suspension....actually not close to it. Never hit the bumpstops on the way home.

Not showing the sale price here either but pretty sweet deal for those who can get it. Not quite ready to Mulch here either yet, we aren't clear of last frost yet.

Not showing the sale price here either but pretty sweet deal for those who can get it. Not quite ready to Mulch here either yet, we aren't clear of last frost yet.

Same here. Maybe this is why the sale is not active in my market (great plains area).

Yeah it comes around a few times each spring and summer. It will show up soon enough but I'm itching to start landscaping the new house. Concrete is being pored for the new porch this weekend and I'm chomping at the bit to start planting

I noticed my county gives away free mulch. Is there any reason why I should buy mulch when I could get it for free? Better quality?

I noticed my county gives away free mulch. Is there any reason why I should buy mulch when I could get it for free? Better quality?
Mulch is mulch really. You have smell differences between them. Bagged mulch probably has a more uniform color vs your county just shredding up trees into a pile. The bagged stuff is treated with some kind of color chemicals and they usually guarantee 12 months or so that the color will stay the same. This stuff has a 12 month guarantee.

Also alot of the county deals you have to shovel it yourself so I would verify if you decide to go that route.

Holy shit, I went through 80 bags in the front 1\2 yard.

I got the Scotts at Lowes last year, and all my beds ended up with about a dozen different types of weeds in them. It was horrific !

Not really Lowes fault. Just shows what bad mulch can do to you :(

Just picked up mine using the code to get it down to $1.80 per bag. Thanks for the deal.

Not a bad deal if you enjoy having to load and then unload/handle all the bags...I have a landscaping trailer and go buy it in bulk for $14 a cubic yard and get the choice of colors. I believe someone mentioned it above but make sure you cover your skin when putting this stuff down..If there is any moisture in it at all it will stain anything it touches. BTW shows as the $3.33 price here in the Mid-Atlantic region. Although we did just get 3.4" of snow last night.

I got the Scotts at Lowes last year, and all my beds ended up with about a dozen different types of weeds in them. It was horrific !

Not really Lowes fault. Just shows what bad mulch can do to you :(

PEBCAK or M in this case haha. Seriously, with 12 rental properties it is all I really use and have zero problem with weeds. How thick are you laying it down? 4" is about what it takes

How are you keeping cats and dogs out of them?
Most of them have been shot by the time they get to my neighborhood, so not an issue. I have not seen a stray dog here in 4 years.

Need 30 more bags or so, and the local Lowe's ran out of my color. On the hunt now.

Got my last 30. With another coupon for 1.76. Got about eight spare bags. Supposed to flood here this week, so I will need some full on most likely anyway.

Back