home network probs

jbmx4life

2[H]4U
I am trying to get my laptop onto my home network wirelessly. I already have a wired and wireless desktop computer that work fine together but this laptop is being a PITA. The laptop will not show up on either of the 2 desktops and only the laptops shared folders show up on it. I have all 3 of them on the same work group. I ran the Network setup wizard on the laptop, to no avail. I am lost now and tried everything that I know about networking (which is very little). I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me out here.

TIA,
J

First of do you have sharing set up correctly? Next can you access the computer by going 'start' then 'run' and type the computer name like '\\computer01'

do you have a domain set up? is it on the same workgroup? is shareing set up on them?

First of do you have sharing set up correctly? Next can you access the computer by going 'start' then 'run' and type the computer name like '\\computer01'

I believe that I have the sharing setup correctly. I can get access to the other 2 computers by the method you described but no other way.

do you have a domain set up? is it on the same workgroup? is shareing set up on them?

No domain. Same workgroup. See above for sharing info.

ugh..... I got it figured out. There was a "personal firewall" attached to my anti-virus prog that I didn't know about. I turned that off and everything showed up right away.

Thanks for trying to help.

Back