Home network problem

RedChief

Weaksauce
Looking for some advice on a home network issue. I have D-Link DGL-4300 router and a Atom/Ion engineering sample (so no brand name but uses a NVidia network adapter) that I want to connect in same room. I get nothing from it when I plug it into the router. The cables good because it works with the DirectTv DVR right next to the settop. When I plug the settop into a Netgear 8 port switch (model gs608) thats in the other room and is uplinked to the router, the settop connects to the network fine. Its just nothing (no link light on either the settop or router) happens when connecting them directly.

Ideas?

sounds like a dead NIC in the ATOM/ION, if nothing lights up when you plug it in.

edit: oh wait, by "settop" you mean the ATOM/ION? which does work when connected from a different room, just not connected directly to the router?

Right. Works when connected to a 8 port switch which is uplinked to the router but no link when connected to the router directly.

Right. Works when connected to a 8 port switch which is uplinked to the router but no link when connected to the router directly.

Tried different types of cables? Like Cross-Over cable? When connecting to the router.

Back