Home network issues.

Disposed

Supreme [H]ardness
This is driving me nuts its the strangest thing. The last few days my network has gone bonkers. It will all go just fine and dandy for periods then bam nothing loads, cant load websites or enter any games nothing then it will pick back up again. Its going back and forth like this constantly.

The weird thing though is once a connection is established it works fine. It takes several attempts to log into league of legends with time outs like crazy but once im loaded into a game its all freaking perfect?! If i alt tab i still get issues loading web pages but no lag, rubber banding or other issues in game. Same with youtube for example, may take a minute to get the page loaded but once i start a video it will keep buffering. Steam took a minute to start downloading a game but once started im getting full speed non stop. Netflix works fine once you get the video started.

I honestly dont even know what to do at this point. I have swapped modems, reset my router and reloaded the firmware on separate occasions, tried multiple DNS servers, I am behind no splitters at all and the cables all seem fine all but one are new this year.

http://imgur.com/n0lhfmF

Any help would be appreciated.

Just a shot in the dark here but do you have jumbo frames enabled? If you entire network isn't jumbo frames capable sometimes things will freak out.

Are you sure this isn't a DNS issue?

That's the first thing I thought of but wouldn't changing the dns server in the router fix that? Or would my ISPs dns server still screw things up?

Just a shot in the dark here but do you have jumbo frames enabled? If you entire network isn't jumbo frames capable sometimes things will freak out.

Jumbo frames? I'll look later this afternoon when I get downstairs.

When "it" dies, exactly what dies? Does your router/modem reply on ping? Can you ping something outsite such as ping.sunet.se?
//Danne

Figured it out. Was a DNS issue, switched the router to run off googles and powercycled everything now all is well.

Back