Holy shit, the bugs in Chrome

Morlock

Limp Gawd
If Chrome is any guide, google has now ossified into the typical blue chip tech giant. Extrude and move, extrude and move, extrude and move.

In bookmarks tab there's a bug where if you cut a second group of bookmarks after you cut a first group of bookmarks but BEFORE pasting the first group, you lose the first group. This is pointing-in-Google's-face-and-laughing funny.

The other bug has been there for months, in the CTRL-F search page function; it doesn't repopulate the list if certain conditions change; you have to delete characters from the string and then type them in to get the results to refresh.

Neither of these is anything obscure, and it points to a company ready for someone to come and eat its lunch. There's like a zillion people using the browser, and they're just fucking off with it. Imagine the security holes, oy.

If Chrome has any competition, it is Firefox. Both of them are on the cutting-edge of modern web technologies (offline support via service workers anyone?). Safari is just now catching up after two years. When you're on the forefront of anything things break sometimes.

Plus, it is software. Running on a computer. Of course it has bugs.

I still prefer Opera over both. Still though, holy thread Necro Batman.

Thread necro around here is measured in years... so, a month or two, that's like a nap or something. :D

Thread necro around here is measured in years... so, a month or two, that's like a nap or something. :D

this. I scratched my head at the comment because I'm used to necro threads being 5+ years. MANY threads bounce back to life after a few months.

I suppose that's true. I think I was mostly surprised at how not only waa this posted over 3 months ago, but there was never a reply to the OP since the thread start until yesterday.

Back