Holy reservoir crack batman...

Firewall

Gawd
Yes, it cracked. It split where the fittiing screws into it so it just dripped out. It happened when I was away for three weaks for Christmas. So how, it didn't screw anything up. I'll post picks later when I can.

Anywho, I've got everything drained and I already orderded a new reservoir from DD but I was wondering if there was any way to clean the inside of my hoses. They have this film on them and it look like crap, and makes it harder to see the dye. Am I going to have to bite the bullet and get new hoses?

mix distilled water and distilled white vinegar in a 50:50 ratio. Run through loop for a 30min - 1 hour then drain. Then rinse with distilled water then drain and refill with coolant. gets the film off mine every time.... if its really bad you might have to do 2 flushes with the 50:50 ratio.

You didn't happen to run water wetter through those hoses, did you? Cause that's known to cause fogginess, and it's very BAD for PC watercooling (There's a thread on WizD about it).

penguin said:
You didn't happen to run water wetter through those hoses, did you? Cause that's known to cause fogginess, and it's very BAD for PC watercooling (There's a thread on WizD about it).

No, I used anti freeze. What should I use. The anti freeze was green and I liked the way it looked but I want it to be blue now.

I looked at Danger Dens site and they had some additive that was blue but It was $20 and that seemed a little steap to me...

Ok :)
I just wanted to give you a heads up just in case.

There's a blue antifreeze used in German cars called Pentosin. From what I've heard BMW and VW dealers carry it, though it is kind of expensive for antifreeze.

penguin said:
Ok :)
I just wanted to give you a heads up just in case.

There's a blue antifreeze used in German cars called Pentosin. From what I've heard BMW and VW dealers carry it, though it is kind of expensive for antifreeze.

yeah, I just picked up a gallon from the local vw dealer here, was 21.89 a gallon. It will last you a long long time though, as you only need to mix 10 to 15 percent of the antifreeze with distilled water.

Make sure its blue as well, newer pentosin is more of a pink.

Krazy_Joe said:
mix distilled water and distilled white vinegar in a 50:50 ratio. Run through loop for a 30min - 1 hour

Vinegar cleans the piss out of stuff, not sure if thats the best thing to be going through your pump..

Tubing is cheap (unless you want Tygon). You might as well buy plenty of it and in cases like this just go ahead and replace all of the tubing.

I would just replace the tubing all together. Get some MasterKleer from McMaster-Carr. Its only $.38 per foot and is just as good as Tygon. I use the 7/16"ID, 5/8"OD MasterKleer tubing in my system and I order the tubing at 20ft. lengths costing only $12 each time.

autobot said:
I would just replace the tubing all together. Get some MasterKleer from McMaster-Carr. Its only $.38 per foot and is just as good as Tygon. I use the 7/16"ID, 5/8"OD MasterKleer tubing in my system and I order the tubing at 20ft. lengths costing only $12 each time.
This is good advice.

autobot said:

Everytime i order something from McMaster-Carr, i get some tubing, wiether i need it or not. Like autobot said, it's pretty cheap. I have at least 35 feet of tubing in my closet right now. :)

:eek:
That alot of tubing. You should use it as a strow or water hose or anything.

doox00 said:
yeah, I just picked up a gallon from the local vw dealer here, was 21.89 a gallon. It will last you a long long time though, as you only need to mix 10 to 15 percent of the antifreeze with distilled water.

Make sure its blue as well, newer pentosin is more of a pink.

If you don't have a local "farfrompuken" dealer, you can get 1.5L here for $9.50. Only downside is shipping is like $10 :(

Back