Holy Moly Dell 2007WFP for $160!

sir_skippy said:
Just wanted to let everyone know, that this deal WAS NOT A PRICING ERROR . We just got a mailing from Dell at our office, saying that on certain days this month, they are going to randomly discount items on their website to a ridiculously low price. TODAY IS ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS . So be on the lookout on their website. The mailing said that it could be anything in any category. The only thing that it was certain aboutm was that today another deal would take place. So eveyone, who missed out before, you might be back in the game. Good luck!
OMG. Post the whole email dude, what days does this happen?!

sir_skippy said:
Just wanted to let everyone know, that this deal WAS NOT A PRICING ERROR . We just got a mailing from Dell at our office, saying that on certain days this month, they are going to randomly discount items on their website to a ridiculously low price. TODAY IS ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS . So be on the lookout on their website. The mailing said that it could be anything in any category. The only thing that it was certain aboutm was that today another deal would take place. So eveyone, who missed out before, you might be back in the game. Good luck!
prove it

Could someone please explain how PIP works again? Someone stating that it allows you to view from a seperate signal (using analog and PIP using digital) but I read elseware that you cannot do such a thing. Stating that they wish thats how it works. So i'm pretty confused now.

This monitor is so nice. :( If anyone wants to sell one here, pm me please.

My HDTV has PIP. I can use DVI (digital) as the main display and my television (analog) on the reduced picture in the corner of the monitor fine. Or I can do it vice versa.

the cruel cruel joke sir_skippy is probably playing on us, or just someone who works for dell and trying to get people to their site :D

Haha that doesent make sense that they would do that. They would at least say something about it on the site. Lets email dell and see what they have to say.

nijle4u said:
This whole thing is probably a big joke. Lets see some non doctored receipts!

What are you refering too? The deal on the monitors or the guy saying it was going to happen today?

All of the above? Look my point is lets post some receipts so we can say, ok look he paid 1$$ or whatever for ten 2007fpw monitors.

There it'd be put to bed naysayers be damned!

:cool:

nijle4u said:
This whole thing is probably a big joke. Lets see some non doctored receipts!
Not that you'll believe me any more than the people who actually did partake in this... I saw the site... and then I read the little blurb saying Dell reserved the right to cancel if it was a pricing error. So I shrugged it off thinking nothing would come of it. Now I'm kicking myself in the butt. I -did- see the site and it -was- at the price everyone's claiming... unfortunately I didn't order a couple for myself.

luke51087 said:
the cruel cruel joke sir_skippy is probably playing on us, or just someone who works for dell and trying to get people to their site :D

Why would the number one PC manufacturer in the world have to worry about getting people to their site? :rolleyes: I highly doubt that's it... more like trying to excess stock. :) Not saying he's telling the truth either though.

JerseyMonkey said:
Could someone please explain how PIP works again? Someone stating that it allows you to view from a seperate signal (using analog and PIP using digital) but I read elseware that you cannot do such a thing. Stating that they wish thats how it works. So i'm pretty confused now.

This monitor is so nice. :( If anyone wants to sell one here, pm me please.

I have the 2005 model, using the DVI input. The PIP will only use the S-video and composite. It wouldn't let me do it with the analog VGA. Which I was really hoping it would, I've got my file server connected to the VGA. But still, its only a few button presses away.

well this deal, another deal, doenst really matter

at an average, the monitor was $450 before the price break, and $160 after, so they saved ~$300. Now imagine they dropped the 2405 or the 2407 to about $490 - $520, everyone would jump on it, cuz I know I would...

yeah i would too LOL my brother has one and i would love to put it in his face that i spent 300 less then him lol

Well, here's the proof for the non-believers:

dell.jpg

i see now tha tebay is flooded with these...
if anyone needs to sell some of the 20+ they bought cause they are not getting what they thought on ebay, lmk....
standing by :)

eBay's always flooded with these, I really don't think the number of people that got in on this deal are having a large effect on that market. I know some people bought large quantities (I still don't believe the guy about the 20 unit order), but it seems that a fair amount of those that got in on this deal just wanted a monitor or three for themselves. You have to remember that this was available for about 20 minutes, it's not like it sat on slickdeals and fatwallet all day

sh0rty said:
i see now tha tebay is flooded with these...
if anyone needs to sell some of the 20+ they bought cause they are not getting what they thought on ebay, lmk....
standing by :)

$70 - $80 shipping. LMAO

Anyone who has 20 of these will have a hard time getting rid of them IMO at the asking prices on Ebay. If you've invested $3200 bux and want to get about $200 of it back- and live in the Conroe, TX area. PM me.
LOL

yevaud said:
$70 - $80 shipping. LMAO

Anyone who has 20 of these will have a hard time getting rid of them IMO at the asking prices on Ebay. If you've invested $3200 bux and want to get about $200 of it back- and live in the Conroe, TX area. PM me.
LOL

They'll get $300.00 (plus shipping). If you bought 10 and only wanted one for yourself, you'd only have to sell 3 of them at $300 + s/h to pretty much pay for all of the extras. The bill isn't due for at least 30 days, probably 45+....plenty of time for the lucky bastards who bought them.

nilepez said:
They'll get $300.00 (plus shipping). If you bought 10 and only wanted one for yourself, you'd only have to sell 3 of them at $300 + s/h to pretty much pay for all of the extras. The bill isn't due for at least 30 days, probably 45+....plenty of time for the lucky bastards who bought them.

Is that monitor that much better than this one that is $287.99 AR with free shipping from the egg?

frankyk said:
how? is this still available?

Its not available, this is his reciept from when he ordered during the pricing error. I bet ya a monitor several people got fired for this.

If someone got in on this deal and wants to offload one of their 2007FPW's send me a PM.

ill take one off your hands for cash if you got extras. got 2001fp or 1703fp's for partial trade if you just want a diff monitor too.

can we PLEASE leave this thread alone? I seriously doubt anyone who was lucky enough to get one is going to just sell it to anyone on this forum for less than ebay's going rate, so please, stop asking so this thread will disapear, along with my disapointment for not being my usual hawk like self on this forum and missed out big time.

Back