Holy Moly Dell 2007WFP for $160!

slacker6 said:
I don't care...I'm happy to beg for one. Send PM if you are looking to sell one!

Thanks!
Same here. I will beg for one too. If you ordered 5 or 6, or have an extra, send me a PM! Think of your fellow [H] member! :cool: ;)

SUC50129.jpg

SUC50127.jpg

SUC50122.jpg

This monitor is really nice, haven't noticed banding or anything. It's just so huge it'll take a little getting used to, but it's really nice. 1680x1050@75hz :cool:

chemist_slime said:
Only got 4? hha, I got 20! All came in today!

chem, thanks for the fast reply to my PM. The 220.00 will be in the mail tomorrow. Thanks again man!

Killa_2327 said:
This monitor is really nice, haven't noticed banding or anything. It's just so huge it'll take a little getting used to, but it's really nice. 1680x1050@75hz :cool:

75hz? i thought these only did native at 60hz and more is bad?

Just got mine! And what can I say, its amazing! My onboard video blows so I have to run 1600x1024 for now untill my x1800XT arrives. I will post p;ics here in a few minutes :)

I'm pissed I missed that deal but after seeing those pics with the keyboard, I defnitely want something bigger than 20".

Crappy onboard video at 1600x1024 @ 60HTz with a strected background and using the VGA connection. New video card comes this week, I cant wait.

I wish I had never seen this thread. :(

chemist_slime said:
Only got 4? hha, I got 20! All came in today!

I'm calling shennanigans until I see a picture of all the boxes.

I just hope we get the last laugh, and the price gets permanently changed to $140.00. Haha, I guess I can dream on.

EDIT: I just read:
"DELL ULTRASHARP 2007FPW 20.1" LCD 1680x1050 75Hz DVI"

via google. I dont know it's fine. Monitor says its at 74 hz.

igl00jx said:
Mine is stuck at 60Hz. Any difference between 60 and 75?

if you use the VGA plug on your card you can bump it to 75... but its fixed at 60 with DVI.

There is no difference between 75 and 60Hz on an LCD. It matters with a CRT since the phosphors don't glow all that long and you get a physical flicker as the phosphors aren't updated quickly enough at 60Hz.

On an LCD, the pixels don't glow brightly then fade very quickly until the next refresh cycle. The backlight is always there and the pixel is the same color until it is changed.

Sc0ttFern said:
I am sure this LCD does not even compare to the NEC 20WMGX2.
For around $200 shipped, who can complain?

noobtech said:
if you use the VGA plug on your card you can bump it to 75... but its fixed at 60 with DVI.
Thanks for the quick response!

i seriously hate you all who got in on this... and i hate my lab, for making me miss this... and now i hate that monitor and dell as well... i needed a monitor for a system i just built, hurts to buy a samsung 20 inch for 300 now...

on a side note, congrats to all who got it! :)

Dang that was a real lucky deal, and I was at home and everything when the deal went down. This is what happens when I don't obsessively check places like this :p

Last I heard of a larger pricing error was a few years back, I can't remember exactly but some website accidently had labeled FX-53 processors for for only a couple hundred $ (they were worth $1000 or something at the time)... several people bought them and actually recieved them at the cheap price. Anyone here remember that?

Tormond said:
Nice and only $35 shipping to my door for the Bare CPU and the waranty card too!. I may jump on this! (no seriously why are ebay people always on crack about shipping?)
Because ebay charges nasty "final sale" fees on the final selling price, but they don't charge anything for the shipping costs. By converting some of the final selling price into shipping, they're keeping their costs down.

ebay has lots of good deals, just always consider the total price including shipping in if you're comparing prices.

Finger said:
Because ebay charges nasty "final sale" fees on the final selling price, but they don't charge anything for the shipping costs. By converting some of the final selling price into shipping, they're keeping their costs down.

ebay has lots of good deals, just always consider the total price including shipping in if you're comparing prices.
ebay doesnt have jack for deals anymore, everything is within $10 of retail.

cooter said:
Here they are in all there glory!!!!

the_rig.jpg

Funny....my dog is named Cooter. Everyone always thinks that I'm referring to a womans anatomy too....(it means turtle meat to those in hill billy territory and also was a character off of the Dukes of Hazard).

Damn, I miss this deal. I could have bought 20 or 30 and sell these off. Oh well.

Tormond said:
Nice and only $35 shipping to my door for the Bare CPU and the waranty card too!. I may jump on this! (no seriously why are ebay people always on crack about shipping?)

Because it's the only charge that Ebay doesn't take a cut of. Thus, if you overcharge on S/H, you can recoup a portion of Ebay's ever increasing fees.

On a $500 sale (incl s/h) you've got

$15.00 in pay pal fees

$469.00 Insertion fee: $3.60
Final Value fee 14.63

The cost of shipping with insurance is probably $10.00. A box, in theory, is a buck.

So the seller is recouping roughly 2/3 of the Ebay fees.
As a buyer I don't like it, but when I sell, I generally do it, because on some items, ebay fees end up eating your lunch.

That said, agree with others that it's increasinly hard to find good deals on ebay.

lol please let this thread die already, i dont want to be reminded that i'll have to pay 360 for something i coulda gotten for 160 :rolleyes: :(

If anyone wants to sell one for 250+shipment, let me know. preferrably new in box. send me a PM

Back