Holy crap, A spider is in my computer!

EnforcerGT

Bad Trader
So im just browsing and i see a spider just run straight into my computer. It went in throught he front where the intake fan is by my HD. I didnt have enough time to catch it and the spider went in a hurry. Lmao, should i be worried? concerned? Anybody else have this happen?

EnforcerGT said:
So im just browsing and i see a spider just run straight into my computer. It went in throught he front where the intake fan is by my HD. I didnt have enough time to catch it and the spider went in a hurry. Lmao, should i be worried? concerned? Anybody else have this happen?

I wouldnt be too concerned, just be werry that it might make a nest inside and breed nasty lil babies and then have them take over your house and killyou and your family.

Other than that, you're fiiiine.
:D

wats idk mean? The spider was about 1/2 an inch. nothing big. U know, to be honest, i dont know what it was, it was so damn fast and black.

i saw pictures on here quite a while ago about a guy who had a spider in his computer and made webs and stuff... the guy took some pics and then vacuumed it, i dont think you should be worried though, i am sure it will leave... if not it will just put bugs in your computer! lol no pun intended

-warsaw

I have a chieftec full tower case. Looks identical to Antec series (alienware). It went in through the front. Most likely in through the fan.

lol it got chopped in the fan and sprayed spider guts throughout your computer... that would be pretty sweet

-warsaw

warsawtag said:
lol it got chopped in the fan and sprayed spider guts throughout your computer... that would be pretty sweet

-warsaw

I hope it did. I will go to any length to kill an insect, expecially BEES and SPIDER. I just bought 3 cants of bee killer and plan on having some fun tomorrow.

lol nice, i prefer to throw rocks at bees nests... lol that is so tight... i really hate spiders tho

-warsaw

you know what really sucks, is when your're half awake playing COD late at night, and all of a sudden a huge spider creeps across your monitor

Ted Kazinski said:
I had a spider crawl out of my keyboard. He popped out from under the left shift key.

hahahahaha. Would've been funny if you unknowingly pushed shift and it made a crunch noise.

i think my friend has the funniest insect in computer story!
He runs a small webserver he and a buch of his friends use to post there blogs and whanot. Well one day, it goes down, and he goes over to the system to find that its dropped around 2.8 million packets. he shuts it down and checks out the network card. On one of the main chips he finds the cooked remains of an ant! From what we guess, the bug bridged the v5 to the main chip and a ground, and cooked himself and killed the nic in the process.

Bugalaman said:
you know what really sucks, is when your're half awake playing COD late at night, and all of a sudden a huge spider creeps across your monitor

Let me guess... You tried aiming at in and were trying to shoot it? "Why won't it die!!!... Ahhhh!"

I had a little white bastard try run up my mic cord from my desk. I was on team speak at the time so of course my mic is clipped to my shirt.
:eek: <---- I did this.

jesus.. when ever i go to a lan in my freinds garage, i get a shit load of mosquitos in my case... and all the intake fans have filters... thats the wierd part.

lol in my neck of the woods, moquitoes can go through 12 guage steel like a hot knife through butter :eek:

a spider crawled out of one of my older pairs of speakers when i was listening to music.

Yeah, I've had spider action in a case. Family friends had me build them a computer which they just kept in their cottage. They'd use the cottage two months out of the year, and apparently spiders would use the computer for the other 10 months. My friend was wondering why the hell his computer was running so slow so I open it up and I found that the HSF was broked as hell due to all the web action wrapped around it. The Intel clock-throttling would allow the pc to boot and everything but it would all slow to a crawl...

I vacuumed that junk out and then taped all the unecessary openings on the case and took aluminum screen door mesh and made my own fan filters. The problem was solved, although when I initially opened the case, I nearly pissed my pants because there was so much nasty in there.

I upgraded my ati 8500le last night with a 9800pro and low and behold on the old card a dried up body of a dead spider :)
He was extra chrispy :D

infin|ty said:
I hope it did. I will go to any length to kill an insect, expecially BEES and SPIDER. I just bought 3 cants of bee killer and plan on having some fun tomorrow.
o werdd.. ME TOO

hahah... but especially moths and spiders... around summer time, we open our windows and use those window fans that suck in moths towards the light... so every once in a while, i see moths... and i happen to play whiffle ball a lot in the summer and i have a bat i especially love.. plastic, sturdy, hard, and light.... i also have very good aiming... poor moths, when i hit them, they literally crash to the table or floor with their body all bashed up with broken wings, etc..

and the other moths that fly outta my cookies when i open it, i torture it to death particularly because i have an addiction to lighters... especially the mini torch kinds, heheh... bbq moths STINK LIKE HELL tho.. o well, its all good as long as they die a painful death as they deserve it for infesting my cookies

Dont worry hell just get friend on the heatsink one day and become an extra fin... A burnt spider fin yeah :) MIght work well!

computer bugs got the name because bugs acutally used to get caught in the switches... this is back in the day when comptuers filled multiple rooms... now there are millions of switches in a 1x1 cm space... just in case someone didn't know that fact....

You might want to remove that spider. It could get splattered by your fans and hit some components in your computer. Spider guts MIGHT conduct electricity.

You guys think spiders are bad. One night I was playing some Jedi Knight 2 and a bark scorpion crawled accross my screen. Freaked the crap out of me.

Protoform-X said:
You guys think spiders are bad. One night I was playing some Jedi Knight 2 and a bark scorpion crawled accross my screen. Freaked the crap out of me.

I call BS on that one.

Protoform-X said:

Hmmm, I would say that it would freak the crap out of me, too, but luckily most of us live where scorpions do not.

I think the worst I've had is a spider dangling down between me and the screen while I was playing a game.

Having one crawl out from my keyboard would probably freak me out crazy like, and if I was playin cs they would see me type "dsfEGHbWENOIWEFNOSNFa" as I killed it.

I wouldnt call BS on the scorpion story, cause from my experience out in Arizona, they seem to appear everywhere!!!

case and point...one time during a visit out there my uncle had just bought a old car to work on. Problem was it was sitting in a driveway for many years in someones driveway (thing was so bad towing it almost was impossible b/c the tires were almost non existent.) anyways, someone went to remove the exaust system. Well, as soon as it moved, SEVERAL scorpions and black widows (VERY poisonous spiders) came crawling and falling (dead) out. I have never seen so many people run so fast in my entire life!!!

Spiders and ants, they usually crawl around my computer at home, not a big deal (WILL BE a big deal once I get my new box). But try Bats dropping guano on your keyboard/box/monitor/etc.

warsawtag said:
lol nice, i prefer to throw rocks at bees nests... lol that is so tight... i really hate spiders tho

-warsaw

haha...my cousin once threw this huge ass rock into a bee hive. Man we ran like crazy afterwards :D

Back