Holy Crap!!!!1111oneoneoneeleven

Scorpionjwp said:
Do I look like a money tree to you?
Or a wishing well that you could wish that I could buy it for you?

Do I look like an order tree to you?

FLECOM said:
its already ordered, the purchase order has been signed too, dell is just taking their sweet ass time... then I have to wait for them to run through property control :rolleyes:

How much free shit does Dell give you on that size order? I've only gotten a few servers from Dell (gotta love free stuff), all the "workstations" I use a local vendor/whitebox setup.

I just got a response back for F@H on 2400+ Dell SX280s. They're taking a look at it and are interested. Just playing the waiting game now.

FLECOM said:
its already ordered, the purchase order has been signed too, dell is just taking their sweet ass time... then I have to wait for them to run through property control :rolleyes:
exactly what are the specs of a 1.2 Thz system?

ND40oz said:
I just got a response back for F@H on 2400+ Dell SX280s. They're taking a look at it and are interested. Just playing the waiting game now.
as in, 2,400 units?
:eek:

That would be frakken awesome!

ND40oz said:

SX280's *shudders* I hate these things! I'm using one right now. Why we bought these instead of regular destops that could have held 3.4's or 3.6's or a Pentium D I have no idea.

Good luck with getting a hold of those man!

Imitation said:
SX280's *shudders* I hate these things! I'm using one right now. Why we bought these instead of regular destops that could have held 3.4's or 3.6's or a Pentium D I have no idea.

Good luck with getting a hold of those man!

Yeah, they're a bitch and I'm glad I don't have to support the little bricks. But they're what we use as public workstations and they're up 24/7. So I'm waiting to hear back from the guys in that group.

AtomicMoose said:
as in, 2,400 units?

Actually, 2447 to be exact :D

ND40oz said:
Yeah, they're a bitch and I'm glad I don't have to support the little bricks. But they're what we use as public workstations and they're up 24/7. So I'm waiting to hear back from the guys in that group.

appl.gif

ND40oz said:

[Coach voice]
Congrats son, I've just bumped you up to starting runningback
[/Coach voice]

dekard said:
exactly what are the specs of a 1.2 Thz system?

200x 3ghz dual core P4 workstations

rayman2k2 said:
[Coach voice]
Congrats son, I've just bumped you up to starting runningback
[/Coach voice]
have you seen this guy...he is a prime for full-back or line backer coach

p[H]ant0m said:
Where in the hell do they find these guys?!?

We're here, we're there, we're everywhere, like the Shadow.

eg, I just added two boxen in N'awlins, 2 in Spartanburg SC, 5 in Bensalem PA, heading for Jersey next week.

BEL* recruiting.

* - behind enemy lines

ezee said:
We're here, we're there, we're everywhere, like the Shadow.

eg, I just added two boxen in N'awlins, 2 in Spartanburg SC, 5 in Bensalem PA, heading for Jersey next week.

BEL* recruiting.

* - behind enemy lines
Isnt there someone in Jersey??? Who ever you are, i think you know what to do ;)

I just read on OCAU forums that Silicon is adding 70ghz to his arsenal and has fixed his shoddy internet connection... so... get to borging those PC's!

sobe said:
I just read on OCAU forums that Silicon is adding 70ghz to his arsenal and has fixed his shoddy internet connection... so... get to borging those PC's!

The race is on, I'm definitely gonna try to push the 500ghz project then!

Man, this production makes me jealous! I'm as full-fold-ahead as I can get right now... maybe I'll bother the guys at work.

ElektronikSeraph said:
Man, this production makes me jealous! I'm as full-fold-ahead as I can get right now... maybe I'll bother the guys at work.
thats the spirit :)

marty9876 said:
How much free shit does Dell give you on that size order? I've only gotten a few servers from Dell (gotta love free stuff), all the "workstations" I use a local vendor/whitebox setup.

Dell smiles and thanks you for the order... ;)

roftranspo said:
Isnt there someone in Jersey??? Who ever you are, i think you know what to do ;)

Sure are a few in New Jersey. My target is 8 additional boxen for OCAU.

AtomicMoose said:
Boy, I read your first post wrong then.....sorry.
:eek:
I probably should've clarified in the first post. I tend to word things horribly. ;)

Anyway, I hate seeing this PPD gap open up while I'm helpless. I can't borg anything, as school isn't "open" and I'm not on my college campus yet. The friends who would try it are borged, the ones who aren't...still won't do it.

I work for the LA District Attorney, so I highly doubt I'd be able to get far enough to be able to do anything.

"Hey, systems? This is blah blah from the Rio Hondo DA's office...yeah I have this idea..."

mm...yeah...I'm not thinking it'll work.

marty9876 said:

Well I did about 750K with Dell last year and I got a free Axim.. and that was only because they assed up and shipped it to me by mistake. When I asked my sales rep about it (was wondering why I got it --and making sure they didnt charge me for it) he said "congrats on your new Axim"

Tormond said:
Well I did about 750K with Dell last year and I got a free Axim.. and that was only because they assed up and shipped it to me by mistake. When I asked my sales rep about it (was wondering why I got it --and making sure they didnt charge me for it) he said "congrats on your new Axim"

huh, I get free crap w/ almost every order. > 4k free stuff a thon.

marty9876 said:
huh, I get free crap w/ almost every order. > 4k free stuff a thon.

You get it with the order...or you get it before/after the order? As in it falls out the back of a reps trunk, or there is a lot of liquid to drink on certain evenings (my personal favorite).

ND40oz said:
You get it with the order...or you get it before/after the order? As in it falls out the back of a reps trunk, or there is a lot of liquid to drink on certain evenings (my personal favorite).

with order, about 10%+ of order value. Order 2 servers for 10k (just an example) they add a UPS valued at 1k, discount the servers more to make the whole mess come back out at 10k.

I've read most guys ordering lots of servers end up with free servers, buy 10 get one free type of deal.

Part of my problem is that I get 5% over cost pricing across the board (or so they say anyway) so there isnt a lot of wiggle room. It is funny when they send me the Buy 2 get 1 free or buy 5 get one free deals. These are good deals depending on what they are but to be honest I run a small consulting service (200 or so clients) and am hard pressed to find folks who need 1 much less 2 Quad Xeon 3Ghz servers with 64GB RAM so I can get one free. Also they base the first 2 on retail price with no discount so if you need 3 it is a good deal as it ends of being about 35% off all 3 of them but if you dont need 3 then the pricing isnt all that great. I did get a bunch of free printers end of last quarter when I had a customer that decided to put in 3100cns across their entire office (real estate company with about 200 PCs) but they got all the printers and I gave em a GREAT price on them as they bought like 50 so I probably made the same on selling each of the 50 that I would have made on selling 1 (which isnt much to start with but the labor costs WOOHOO!)

marty9876 said:
with order, about 10%+ of order value. Order 2 servers for 10k (just an example) they add a UPS valued at 1k, discount the servers more to make the whole mess come back out at 10k.

I've read most guys ordering lots of servers end up with free servers, buy 10 get one free type of deal.

Makes sense, we're ordering at the enterprise level, so we just get a set percentage off of all our server orders. We have standard percentage off of desktops, except for our default configs, which we get huge discounts off of. So no free stuff with the order for us. That's what the onsite reps are for...

Yea, once you hit a sertian level the prices drop and that's what the reps are for.

For the little guys, what ever you do never place an online order. Always call them and the discounts are always far greater than online plus free stuff!

marty9876 said:
Yea, once you hit a sertian level the prices drop and that's what the reps are for.

For the little guys, what ever you do never place an online order. Always call them and the discounts are always far greater than online plus free stuff!
agreed... i just emailed my dell rep the other day and TOLD her what I wanted to pay for some new monitors. She emailed back within an hour with a counter offer and I got them for 40% of retail....

Do your Dells reps seem to have their jobs for about 2 weeks max? I don't order Dell often, every time seems like the last rep I worked with is someplace else... :confused:

marty9876 said:
Do your Dells reps seem to have their jobs for about 2 weeks max? I don't order Dell often, every time seems like the last rep I worked with is someplace else... :confused:

I think it's that way with the sales reps, they seem to change jobs/accounts a lot. Our one onsite rep has been here atleast 3 years and our other has been here about 2. At my old desk, it was nice, just walked 50 feet around the corner and there was the onsite rep (engineer). Needless to say, I got enough stuff to play with...now I actually have to call or email them.

marty9876 said:
It seems I never place an order with the same rep twice. Whatever... they all seem to cut the same deals..

marty9876 said:

OMG yes! The turnover rate for our Dell reps is astonishing. Every few weeks, we get a new rep. And they screw us just as bad as the previous.

Our client is this >< close to switching to either HP or IBM.

Back