Holster or pocket?

Pocket. Holsters are for Those Guys (women can frequently put their phones in bags) who threw out any sense of style years ago. Probably also wears sandals with socks on and would wear cargo shorts year-round if possible. 😛

Yeah, I haven't been that guy since the first gen smart phones when I had my OG Droid. But at least then I was in the Army and my top covered the holster so you couldn't see it anyways. The only thing I holster nowadays if I ever do is my Leatherman.

With larger phones it's getting tougher and tougher to even fit them in your pocket. At least unless you're still rocking cargo shorts. I look forward to foldable devices hitting stride so I have a better way to carry mine.

Otterbox with clip. I spend too much time outside. When I put my phone in my pockets there is moisture. It's just easier to clip it to my front pocket. Holsters are a pita. Plus I never found one that fits my Pixels right while inside a protective case. Construction work is hard on phones.

pocket if I'm out and about, if I'm working outside at the house it stays in the truck. If I'm at work (desk job) its on my desk.

Pocket. I found that when I used a belt holster I had a tendency to "launch" the phone. Safer in the pocket. But I don't wear ultra ultra ultra tight 80's jeans nowadays.

I smashed my last phone by having it in my pocket and smashed it into the door of a rental truck as I was climbing in. I always have my phone in my pocket screen facing out to avoid false dialing (called 911 by accident from my pocket once before).

Pocket...but I have to pick small phones or else I don't like them in my pocket. Right now on a Pixel 3a and won't go to the XL versions.

Holster attached to my waist pack if I have one, easy to remove everything with a click.
Or if I'm wearing my cargo shorts, it goes into it's dedicated cellphone pocket.

Pocket. Holsters are for Those Guys (women can frequently put their phones in bags) who threw out any sense of style years ago. Probably also wears sandals with socks on and would wear cargo shorts year-round if possible. 😛
I wuv my cargo shorts, can never have too many 'what's in my pockets' moments. And Florida weather perfect for year-round.
Sandals are for men that love the feeling of pee being splashed on their feet in neighboring stalls when a geriatric have a malfunction in the restrooms.

Pockets. Because I don't wear skinny jeans, nor do I need a laptop-sized cell screen. Holster? To me that goes in same catagory as chain wallet bunch of keys hanging off the belt. Ain't happening.

Back