Hofy's Aspire X-QPack

• Thread starter Deleted member 80813
  • Start date
MeanieMan said:
Please provide the linkage to the post in which I said "it can not be done"

Someone earlier said that, now I know it was not know but still, why do you people doubt that it has water cooling abilites

hey Ripley i've seen your Aria on another site, or maybe it was this one, I can't remember, it is pretty sweet :cool: and i have to agree with you, it wouldn't be too hard to water cool this baby, I'm planning on getting one in 2 weeks, gunna use the zalman 7000

shadowbreaker513 said:
I smell an windowed optical drive mod coming up...........

sry, I am a noob to modding, could someone explain to me what this would mean, I keep trying to picture it in my head.

Vanilla Coke, where did you get the Gigabyte GA-K8A480M-9 board? Can you confirm it has no overclocking options?

Sorry Sleepeeg3, I haven't actually bought this system yet, it's just what I plan to buy, not getting it till june. I thought it had oc'ing but i guess not.

I just read the anandtech forum thread on it, if Zap is right then I guess there's no oc.

Vanilla Coke said:
hey Ripley i've seen your Aria on another site, or maybe it was this one, I can't remember, it is pretty sweet :cool: and i have to agree with you, it wouldn't be too hard to water cool this baby, I'm planning on getting one in 2 weeks, gunna use the zalman 7000

ripley, beleive him or not

Now that is some funny stuff, are you two or three years old,

Little Aria, Needs water cooling kit

hey Ripl3y since the qpack is windowed on 3 sides wouldn't the easiest way to water cool to maybe cut the window and run the tubes through it? Might cause problems when opening the case though. I dunno just thought that might be easier and maybe look a little better.

Vanilla Coke said:
thanks for the link poopy, could you tell me how to delete posts?

yeah go into the post of your own and delete it, little option at the top

Bottom right of your post has a link to edit/delete

1. Chill out on this thread, the posts make you all seem .... anyway....I had hoped to see Pictures and PC related remarks, not this sorta %$^&#$.

2. If you have one, show pictures of it!

3. Some one tell New Egg to get them back in stock so I can get one!!!!!!!!

4. I love all you [H]ard Core people! Mod on.

Hope to get one of the cases next month...just waiting for New Egg to get them in...... :)

This is why i love these forums so much, because some people are so serious and some people(ME) just like to make comments and tell people what is up and give it to them straight

I dont give anyone a softy time and this guy on here deservers it, HA HA :D

FullMetal said:
1. Chill out on this thread, the posts make you all seem .... anyway....I had hoped to see Pictures and PC related remarks, not this sorta %$^&#$.

2. If you have one, show pictures of it!

3. Some one tell New Egg to get them back in stock so I can get one!!!!!!!!

4. I love all you [H]ard Core people! Mod on.

Hope to get one of the cases next month...just waiting for New Egg to get them in...... :)

Cheaper from Xoxide.com, even after shipping. If lucky they may do another another free shipping special on it.

MeanieMan said:
Cheaper from Xoxide.com, even after shipping. If lucky they may do another another free shipping special on it.

I saw that. I ordered a silver one. It should be here on Monday!

Looking forward to playing around with it.

FullMetal said:
I saw that. I ordered a silver one. It should be here on Monday!

Looking forward to playing around with it.

water cooling it you mean :p

Well, you have to...I have to....until pay day! Oh we are going shopping on the 1st!
:D

Update time, finally!
First off, some of you may not know, but Newegg carries 3 versions of this case. The Aspire X-QPack, and 2 Chenming versions. Both of hte Chenmings are black and silver. The only difference between them is one has a window and the other has no windows. (The price is also different.)

I finally had time to take the tin snips and dremel after the guts of my case. It has really weakened it but I dont plan on carrying this thing around all the time. Again, once the components are installed it is still pretty sturdy. Now on to the pics

First shots are of the case after surgury.
case5.jpg

case6.jpg

Here we can see how much of the case has been opened up.
case7.jpg

case9.jpg

That IDE ribbon cable will be gone as soon as I get time to remove the 40 & 60 gig drives and set up the 160gb SATA drive I got last week.
case10.jpg

case11.jpg

Some one asked for a pic in the dark
case12.jpg

And finally how my work station looks.
case13.jpg

That looks really good. I would like to know if the case can actually be carried by the handle? Just wondering, not that any of ya'll would do that, just a question.

Oh, and would it fit in a book bag like a shuttle?

Hofy said:
Update time, finally!
First off, some of you may not know, but Newegg carries 3 versions of this case. The Aspire X-QPack, and 2 Chenming versions. Both of hte Chenmings are black and silver. The only difference between them is one has a window and the other has no windows. (The price is also different.)

I finally had time to take the tin snips and dremel after the guts of my case. It has really weakened it but I dont plan on carrying this thing around all the time. Again, once the components are installed it is still pretty sturdy. Now on to the pics

First shots are of the case after surgury.
case5.jpg

case6.jpg

Here we can see how much of the case has been opened up.
case7.jpg

case9.jpg

That IDE ribbon cable will be gone as soon as I get time to remove the 40 & 60 gig drives and set up the 160gb SATA drive I got last week.
case10.jpg

case11.jpg

Some one asked for a pic in the dark
case12.jpg

And finally how my work station looks.
case13.jpg

NICE work, looks good

Treyshadow said:
That looks really good. I would like to know if the case can actually be carried by the handle? Just wondering, not that any of ya'll would do that, just a question.

Oh, and would it fit in a book bag like a shuttle?

No it can't. Its plastic. The case alone weighs 8 pounds. Then add in all the computer parts....take one step and that handle is going to snap.

poopypants said:
hmmm, so the zalman CNPS7000B-ALCU should fit height wise, but i guess the width is the big question here.

I just got mine put together today, and on an ASUS p4p800-VM the CNPS-7000 fits with room to spare. Now I just gotta figure out if I can fit a full size ATX power supply in it with my NEC 3520. I was copying some files to one drive from another, and noticed the LEDs in the power supply fan flickering. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the supply. Not to mention the fact that with my 9800XT sitting right under it, the back of the supply is hot to the touch.

I can't believe I all of my hardware in that little case.

the nec and a full size psu wont fit. I have tried it. youre best bet is to buy a lite-on. and yes the Zalman 7000 fits and some have even put on 7700's

Vanilla Coke said:
the nec and a full size psu wont fit. I have tried it. youre best bet is to buy a lite-on. and yes the Zalman 7000 fits and some have even put on 7700's

Does Lite-on have a model that has the same features as the nd3520a in a smaller package? If so, do you just happen to know which one?

aohellasux said:
Does Lite-on have a model that has the same features as the nd3520a in a smaller package? If so, do you just happen to know which one?

The LiteOn 1673 is very close. I use the 1673 in my X-QPack and have burned hundereds of DVDs and CDs with out a coaster.
HERE is a comparison of the 2. There may be other things to check on.

Hofy said:
The LiteOn 1673 is very close. I use the 1673 in my X-QPack and have burned hundereds of DVDs and CDs with out a coaster.
HERE is a comparison of the 2. There may be other things to check on.

Thanks! I think I'm gonna pick up the black version next week. Thanks again for the info.

Vanilla Coke said:

I got a CoolerMaster RealPower 450W PSU in there with the NEC drive. I had to only use the rear-most mounting screws on the NEC so it could slide forward as much as possible and still be mounted tight. Its a VERY tight fit, but it does fit. The cabling is a mess, the case is slightly tweaked, but damn that little box can hold a lot of crap!

What about water cooling? I'll be receiving my blue X-QPack tomorrow and I am thinking about using water cooling.

It looks like it would be pretty easy to do it, but you'd need to do some cutting. If you mount a 120mm Rad/Fan on the outside, a bayres, and a small pump, I can see it happening.

My existing modded Kingwin water cooling kit will fit INSIDE this case no problem. Here are some pics of the setup in my full tower case:

Relocated80mm.jpg

120mmradiator.jpg

120mmRadiator.jpg

Reservoir.jpg

WaterSideShot.jpg

MassiveOverkill said:
My existing modded Kingwin water cooling kit will fit INSIDE this case no problem. Here are some pics of the setup in my full tower case:
Nice work, on the water cooling, do you have any pictures of that setup in the QPack case?

on a different note i read previously that the case can accomidate the Zalman 7000 and possibly the 7700 for AMD processors, what I'm wondering is whether a Thermalright XP-120 will be able to fit in there on an athlon 64 board? I'm guessing there might be height issues with a fan attached...

Thanks. The Q-Pack is currently barren. I'm probaby going to get the Jetway socket 939 PCI-E m-ATX board, but I've been trying to pull teeth from Foxconn to see if their board will support voltage adjustments through either Clockgen or BETA BIOS. Once I decide on which mobo to get, I'll order the Evercool 202, which is the upgraded version of the Kingwin setup. I'll be sure to snap pics once I get all the parts though, but yes, I'll have to do more modding, but the 120mm rad will fit no problem, it's just finding a place to stick the 80mm rad. I'll also have to cut the bay reservoir housing down as it's too long in stock form.

Back