hl3 2018 with vr rumour..........

Sorry, im not used to playing games where I need to press the button more than once. Games are way to complicated with all their story and crap like that. Thats why nowadays I turn the sound off, the screen off, the pc/console off, and flip the house breaker. Then I just sit there and pretend I won.

But really, I didn't think it was possible for anyone to not like the dialogue in Portal(maybe in HL2 but I dont even remember the game now). It's not even like its cutscenes with a bunch of talking. Its quick and to the point and never even interrupts gameplay one bit. Everything spoken in that game was GOLD.

I think it's fair to say you don't remember Portal 2 very well. While there are no actual cut scenes, a lot of levels, especially near the end, are pointlessly stretched with nothing going on just so the play can listen to the dialogue. Which, in effect, interrupts gameplay unless you consider +forward a gameplay mechanic.

And again, your premise is flawed. Please explain how are button smashers the ones advancing the whole "press X to proceed to the next scene" thing. I always thought it was the opposite. And for a good reason. I mean, my wife "plays" such games. She admits those are not actual games.

Doing HL3 in VR was one of the first thoughts when I jumped into the Vive and Steam VR. What better way to kick off this new tech generation/revolution...

Considering nothing else has come of HL3, I'll cling to this for a while, at least until it's shot down if that's how it is...

I think it's fair to say you don't remember Portal 2 very well. While there are no actual cut scenes, a lot of levels, especially near the end, are pointlessly stretched with nothing going on just so the play can listen to the dialogue. Which, in effect, interrupts gameplay unless you consider +forward a gameplay mechanic.

And again, your premise is flawed. Please explain how are button smashers the ones advancing the whole "press X to proceed to the next scene" thing. I always thought it was the opposite. And for a good reason. I mean, my wife "plays" such games. She admits those are not actual games.
Well considering I'm the one who has played the game with the sound ON, I think its my memory we are going to be relying on here. :)

The game had little dialogue and it was all AMAZING. And 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% will agree to that.

There was WAAAAAAYYYY to much talking in the L4D games, they have completely lost it. <---See how completely dumb that sounds? That's what someone telling me the they had to turn the sound off in Portal sounds like....mind boggling.

The more I think about it, the more mind boggling it is. I'm actually impressed that I have kept your attention this long.

Well, you can't say I didn't try to have an actual conversation. Not in the mood for trolling.

I just got the sound turned off on me. :(

But no trolling, im just a tad brash. No hard feelings ;)

I've said this before in another thread, but the best chance of getting HL3 is if a talented mod group starts making their own and it's looking really good and Valve buys them up and releases it. That's how nearly every Valve game has started off.
Valve likes Counter-Strike and buys the mod.
Valve likes Day of Defeat and buys the mod and the team.
Valve likes L4D and buys it up.
Valve likes students' portal game and buys them up to make Portal.
Valve likes students' spray paint game and buys them up to make Portal 2.
Valve likes Team Fortress and buys the developers up.
Valve likes Alien Swarm and buys the developers up.
Valve likes DOTA and buys up the developer.

Nearly every product released by Valve was not an original idea from Valve. The real question becomes, why does Valve buy all these side projects, but not projects from people that work on HL universe mods, yet allows them to have official releases on Steam that cost money?

Black Mesa: HL1 remake mod not bought up but given paid release
Prospekt: HL2 side story with Gordon

There are many more excellent free mods in the HL universe but the only one I know of where the developer was hired was Minerva.

It's a strange pattern of hiring all sorts of outside developers to make games but hiring practically nobody to work on HL.

There are many more excellent free mods in the HL universe but the only one I know of where the developer was hired was Minerva.

It's a strange pattern of hiring all sorts of outside developers to make games but hiring practically nobody to work on HL.

Perhaps it's a certain mindset? Fan projects, while they can be high quality, tend to lack imagination. That's why you get Call of Duty 2017 edition. It will be a highly polished game, but it will be derivative which will burn out your audience. But I guess that's the whole point of fan projects. Your basically announcing that you're either too stupid or too lazy to create something that's yours when you're known mainly for fan projects & mods. They're more likely not going to be the people who experiment with VR.

Back