Hl2......???

ubern00b15

Gawd
ok.....i hope no one else already posted this.....and if they did, let me know, heres my story

about two years ago, I heard about half life two for the first time, and at the time, i was sort of a newbie, but after i looked at the screenshots later on and i saw the videos, i became obsessed....it looks like the best game ever. im just a kid and ive spent like 1200 on video cards that would actually run the game well over the past year and a half, and they keep putting it back. i feel like a tard posting this, but i will anyway, does anyone have any information as to when this game will be released? id pay like 10 million dollars to play it for like 20 minutes......lol........HELP ME!!! doom3 is great! but HL2 will be 80x better!!! and it will run much better than d3 does on my 6800nu

no one knows when the game will be released, but seeing as its starting to preload today, its probably going to be in the next month or 2 for release

I was mostly being sarcastic. Just poking fun at Valve for letting their cash cow being molested over and over again. ;)

ubern00b15 said:
ok.....i hope no one else already posted this.....and if they did, let me know, heres my story

about two years ago, I heard about half life two for the first time, and at the time, i was sort of a newbie, but after i looked at the screenshots later on and i saw the videos, i became obsessed....it looks like the best game ever. im just a kid and ive spent like 1200 on video cards that would actually run the game well over the past year and a half, and they keep putting it back. i feel like a tard posting this, but i will anyway, does anyone have any information as to when this game will be released? id pay like 10 million dollars to play it for like 20 minutes......lol........HELP ME!!! doom3 is great! but HL2 will be 80x better!!! and it will run much better than d3 does on my 6800nu

two years ago? valve announced HL2 in May 2003....

perhaps you should have just waited for the game to come out before purchasing video cards specifically for HL2...

doh-nut said:
valve said that the source code leak wasn't the reason they were delayed, so i dont see how this would cause a delay either.

lol thats the reason it got delayed dude, valve is retarded

ubern00b15 said:
lol thats the reason it got delayed dude, valve is retarded

no its not. the reason it was delayed was because of valves poor planning. and thats from gabe himself.

ubern00b15 said:
:rolleyes: shut up.....you and your 9700......

:rolleyes:

Alright chugglehead. Seems Nividia cards have had poor performance with HL2 since it is written for DirectX, which means that unless Valve spent a lot of time optimizing the code for the Geforce cards his 9700 might make your 6800 run like a old Vodoo 2 card.

ubern00b15 said:
:rolleyes: shut up.....you and your 9700......

So let me get this staright. Your telling him to shutup because he has a 9700? Please never use the internet again, thanks.

Sanitarium said:
So let me get this staright. Your telling him to shutup because he has a 9700? Please never use the internet again, thanks.
'

even though i was kidding, n00bsauce........ill use the net whenever i feel necessary

i bought the card for doom 3 actually........

hl2 should run good on my card and if it dosent, ill just use my 9800xt :p

Marketing schemes seem to have owned this young gamer.

Let this be a lesson, don't buy new hardware for a game till it is GOLD!

ubern00b you moron, know this you have been PWNED!

Good lord, boy. Calm down.

Go play Far Cry. Go play Doom 3 again. Go play UT2004.

HL2 will come, and it will probably be about as good as Doom 3. It will also run about the same on ATI's or Nvidia's latest hardware, from looking at the early benchmarks of CS:S.

Give it a few weeks; we're at least a month away from seeing the game on shelves anyway. Hell, it took two weeks from Doom going gold to people getting their hands on retail copies. So, the Sep. 1 date we all keep hearing is already shot to hell. No sense worrying about it now.

ubern00b15 said:

as good as the game will be, please dont hype it up that much, because then it will never reach your expectations

I'm looking forward to it because I hope that single player can give me another week or two as enjoyable as when I beat HL1, but thats it. Hopefully CS:S will be cool, but I honestly think the engine really dosnt matter when it coems to making timeless games. Half Life had a worked over Quake 2 engine IIRC, but it's still the best FPS game out there IMO.

I'll probably buy a 9600xt and another half gig of ram when it comes out, but my computer needs upgrading for other things too, like other games and the graphics/3D stuff I am starting to get into.

Back