HL2 Speed Record

That seems almost impossible, the amount of time you spent on those damn vehicles alone would kill any chance of most speed runs.

I could do that......but I dont wanna :p

but you gotta admit thats fairly crazy, 2 hours and 14 mins.

i had the 2:37 video around here, i might have deleted it now. It was pretty cool to watch, well at least the parts I watched.

I'm getting it right now... At least if my parents won't let me play that game, i can watch it right...?

A new Half-Life 2 speed record has been set - 2 hours and 14 minutes to complete the entire single player game.
...of which 1 hour 37 mins was spent loading levels.

Torgo said:
...of which 1 hour 37 mins was spent loading levels.
rofljaculation6ot.gif

I seen it, the guy doesnt use buggy and and use a LOT of map bugs and exploits (get on a object, use grav gun and do the catapult trick, nade urself to jump over a wall, etc). It's really nice, and I think it could be done in less than 2hours maybe 1:55 ...

BTW it was on normal, and it includes all the scripted sequences that u cant skip.

Scheizekopf said:
Seriously??

I'm downloading it now. Damn getting over 300KB/s. Nice.

Amazing in the fact that he knows where all the special places u can use the grav gun + object = high jump trick.

I learned so many places that I could've skipped XD

That and just the whole 'whoaaa someone's hardcore' feelin :p

UnlimitedMP said:
Amazing in the fact that he knows where all the special places u can use the grav gun + object = high jump trick.
Care to elaborate on how this is accomplished???

I just watched parts of it. I would not have enjoyed it one bit playing that fast and skipping parts. It makes you sick watching the guy go that fast.

Grav gun + object = high jump trick was pretty cool. Might use it on DM to exploit. :D

Does anyone know where I can download videos of some "l337" player taking his time and really having some fun in HL2? This video doesn't work for me by the way. Downloaded it Twice :mad: :confused: :eek: :)

Isaacav2 said:
Does anyone know where I can download videos of some "l337" player taking his time and really having some fun in HL2? This video doesn't work for me by the way. Downloaded it Twice :mad: :confused: :eek: :)
this should help.
K-lite codecs pack

The file link opened up WMP then I noticed the .avi.avi extension. Renamed it to .torrent and d/ling about 300kbs

i watched the whole thing, neat, however, you can't really enjoy the game running through it like that, you miss a LOT of the game doing that, of course to know where all that stuff is in the first place he must have done it at a normal pace first, cause he he knew what was coming next...

why does Alex hover across the floor everywhere?

also, was he using any speed hacks or something, it seems like he could make very long jumps

damn, i really want to watch this...but should probably play the game first right?

man, i wish illegal bit torrent downloaded this fast...lol!

i like how creepy the game can get, but it's a little gory for my innocent eyes. :rolleyes:

Playing through the game first before watching it is better. You get to see what parts he skipped, and some stuff that u could have done.

iamtherat said:
man, i wish illegal bit torrent downloaded this fast...lol!
$20 says some idiot flamer is gonna flame this guy...here's a WARNING to u future flamer: Flaming is against the rules...so don't even THINK about posting a flame...

Just thought I'd try to stop a flame before it happens...but I think it's inevitable...

Brent_Justice said:
why does Alex hover across the floor everywhere?
Cause that's what HL1 did...HL2 has the exact same probs (and a bit more) that HL1 has...clipping issues...hovering movement...texture overlapping (mappers fault)...lighting issues...etc...
Brent_Justice said:
also, was he using any speed hacks or something, it seems like he could make very long jumps
I haven't watched the vid but r u sure he wasn't sprint jumping???

Brent_Justice said:

Metallica_Band said:
I haven't watched the vid but r u sure he wasn't sprint jumping???

Yeah, he was sprint jumping and that gave me motion sickness. Does anyone noticed some actual segments of the video was slighty sped up abit or is it just me?

there were parts where he was sprint jumping and it was clipping like a MOTHA. doesn't look like it was sped up to me but :/ i dunno.

I just finished watching it. Not too shabby :p There were a few parts that were pretty cheap, especially the way he got past Ravenholm. Not that I wanted to see Ravenholm because it would have been scary. I also hated how Alyx moonwalked across the floor.

LordJezo said:
Hot damn.

I think HL2 has more loading time then that on my pc.

yea, looks like the video was edited, not once did i notice the loading sig. come on.

and it looks like they edited more than the loading scenes.

i think he died a couple of times but it might have been the choppynes of the vid.

non the less, its verry impresive.

while playing it like that really ruins the full effect of the game it is still pretty badass IMO because you really have to figure a lot of stuff out to be able to do that.

kick@ss said:
That seems almost impossible, the amount of time you spent on those damn vehicles alone would kill any chance of most speed runs.
he doesnt need the buggy. he is the one

I'm sure it can be done faster. Downloaded a 2:30ish version some weeks ago, and then I found the amazing Ravenholm speedrun that was just astonishing. The standalone Ravenholm was probably done in half the time as Ravenholm in the 2:30 complete speed run.

I'll try and find a link.

Back