HL2 = Massive Pausing/freezing

CyberCRAP

Gawd
Alright, I started playing hl2 this morning and it seems it freezes for a few seconds every few mins. It usually happens when the game is changing scenes or something. Like if I'm about to run out of a building it will freeze up right before I exit the building. I assume it is loading all the stuff outside, but man this is annoying. I don't see anything saying loading, it just completely freezes my game for a few seconds and then continues. Other than that the game runs fine.

My system is below
p4 2.4ghz
1gb ram
6800gt
I'm running the game at 1280x960 w/ 4xaa and 8xaf

anybody else having problems?

UrielDagda

2[H]4U
I have a problem where every few seconds the sound stutters, sometimes (ie. every 15 seconds or so) the game just freezes up for a split second and it sounds like it skips a sound, or it will play the same sound 2 or 3 times.

my system is

Asus nForce 2 mobo
Athlon XP 3200+
GeForce 6800 GT
1 gig RAM
Win XP Pro
running the game at 1024x768 with all the game default settings (4x FSAA/8x AF)

turning the AF and FSAA off didn't help, and turning off audio excelleration did not do much.

:confused:

Shane

[H]ard|Gawd
make sure your virtual memory is set to 1024/1024 at a constant setting and run adaware and reg mechanic and defrag your hard drive and should fix all your problems.

Jiffylush

Gawd
My system is similar as are my settings, I am not having this problem, and when it loads, it says loading in the middle of the screen.

Could be driver related, running apps, spyware or a combination of the three

MapleSyrupMods

Bring on Titan X Volta
apparently the new nvidia/ati drivers fix it. go to the other hl2 threads and find the link