HL2 and Dual Core Proc problem

flboad

Limp Gawd
Ok it seems that HL2, lost coast, DOD, have the same problem on my computer.

What happens is I start up the game. The splash screen come up, it than goes in to the next screen to find server or play the game. I can pick the game it starts to load up. And puts me into the game. I start playing and it Freeze's every 20-30 seconds for about 40-50 seconds. The sound will stutter until it comes out of the freeze. I can than move around but not for long cause it will lock up again.

So far i've found not much on this. I've set the affinity to 1 processor and it still happens. While running task manager in the back ground, when the freeze occurs the cpu usage pegs at 100%. I am running a wireless network connection and i've read a thread that disableing the Wireless zero configuration will help. I've done that and still nothing. I've completely disabled the wireless adapter and still nothing. Video drivers are up todate. Heat isn't an issue doesn't run much hotter than 40 degree at full load. I just built it here are the spec's

Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe
ATI - X1800xtx
2 gigs ram
200gig hd.

I can play other games just fine. Like oblivion runs like a champ.

I've uninstalled steam redownloaded and reinstalled the games. And it seemed when redownloaded dod it worked for a the brief time i played. Had to run out. but after that it does the freeze thing as well..

Thanks in advance.

Back