HL 2...Best game ever. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sp0ngeb0b said:
I agree. I just wish it would have taken me longer than 13 hours to beat.

b0b

And to think.. I'm stuck..

I'm at the part where the guy says "I told you to find the church" -- sort of a long courtyard, theres the back of the building that says "ThemnU" -- I can jump around on a higher level above the courtyard. -- But can't find any way "out" of this area..

every game , every year is the best game ever.

pac man was the best game ever.

missle command.

zelda.

mario,
mario 3.

super mario world
zelda 3
the list goes on and on.

heroes of might and magic,
uprising,
duke nukem.

just another game to chalk up on the wall.

geekcomputing said:

missle command.

zelda.

mario,
mario 3.

super mario world
zelda 3
the list goes on and on.

uprising,
duke nukem.

lol. nice way to look at this topic...^^

geekcomputing said:

missle command.

zelda.

mario,
mario 3.

super mario world
zelda 3
the list goes on and on.

uprising,
duke nukem.

Tetris is the best game ever ;)

lol I don't get it? I go in the video cards section and read a half-life thread but find nothing about video cards in the thread? Don't we have a games section? ;P

and yes, it is the best game.. (for now)

sniper991122 said:
lol I don't get it? I go in the video cards section and read a half-life thread but find nothing about video cards in the thread? Don't we have a games section? ;P

and yes, it is the best game.. (for now)

Look at what it says under Ricko's name..

Ricko
n00bie <- Says it all.

It's definitely the best game this year for the PC, but I like Halo 2 better overall. :p

mohammedtaha said:
i concur ... i dont think i ever got bored of that game ..
QFT. I still have the original GB Tetris cartridge I bought in 1990. And I still play it. :D Looks funny sticking out of my GBA SP though.

Michaelius said:
The game might be fine but it sucks that you have to pay separatly for DoD.
If you got the silver or gold package in Steam, you get it included ;)

Heres by "best game ever" list in order :p

Battlefield 1942: Desert Combat
Medieval: Total War
Rome: Total War
Half-Life 2

CS: Source is pretty good as well.

melteye said:
Heres by "best game ever" list in order :p

Battlefield 1942: Desert Combat
Medieval: Total War
Rome: Total War
Half-Life 2

CS: Source is pretty good as well.

BF1942 shouldn't even make that list. The middle two I haven't played. HL2 is the best FPS I've played in awhile. I don't know about ever. But definatley this year.

Is it just me or has the incessant HL2 threads just moved from filling the Games subforum (like the ubber-repetitive D3 ones) into the video card forum?

What does this have to do with video cards?

Best games ever and my reasoning why:

1) Half Life 2 - Great storytelling, complete immersion, and great graphics to top it off. It was a little bit short but that sticky shift (sprint) button is just too fast.
2) Half Life - Totally changed the genre.
3) Far Cry - Great graphical engine, unparalleled for its massive outdoor levels (so far).
4) Doom 3 - Incredible graphics, mediocre storyline, wasn't anything but scary but shadows are cool.

Sir-Fragalot said:
BF1942 shouldn't even make that list. The middle two I haven't played. HL2 is the best FPS I've played in awhile. I don't know about ever. But definatley this year.

I was just stating what I thought were the best games (in my opinion) so I know BF1942 makes that list. Have you ever played the Desert Combat mod? Mowing down 20 people within seconds in a helicopter is pretty gratifying.

melteye said:
I was just stating what I thought were the best games (in my opinion) so I know BF1942 makes that list. Have you ever played the Desert Combat mod? Mowing down 20 people within seconds in a helicopter is pretty gratifying.

In my opinion Call of Duty is one of the best games ever. (Single and Multiplayer r0xor my b0x0r)

we can pull this thread into the video card topic. I have a 6800gt, but has anyone else noticed some annoying things they make the game look crappy? Such as the fog distance is extremely short, and even with 6xaa most objects are still pretty jagged. Those are the 2 major things I've noticed so far, prob others

sp0ngeb0b said:
Best games ever and my reasoning why:

1) Half Life 2 - Great storytelling, complete immersion, and great graphics to top it off. It was a little bit short but that sticky shift (sprint) button is just too fast.
2) Half Life - Totally changed the genre.
3) Far Cry - Great graphical engine, unparalleled for its massive outdoor levels (so far).
4) Doom 3 - Incredible graphics, mediocre storyline, wasn't anything but scary but shadows are cool.

A game with mediocre storyline and cool shadows deserves #4 on best all-time?

i played for about 4 hrs and so far i like doom3 better graphically and doom3 & halo2 better in terms of gameplay :eek: This game just is failing to hook me for some reason, then again most fps games don't.

I still love playing some old Atari games I have laying around. RiverRaid is great, Cirucus Circus, Pac Man, Missle Command, and on and on. There is always great games out and the ones that are truely great are ones that last for more than time from when they came out. I still would love to play Excite Bike for the NES :). Oh and yes HL2 is great!!

Call of Duty has been my favorite for awhile now. HL2 looks to replace it though/

Sir-Fragalot said:
BF1942 shouldn't even make that list.

He said BF: DC, not just BF. DC's a whole different ballgame, especially if you do one of 21CW's tourneys with teamspeak.

I'm not adding HL2 until I finish it, so here's my lists:

Single-player
Half-Life
Unreal
FarCry
Alice
JK2:JO

Multi-player
Battlezone
BF: DC
UT
AA:O
Tribes

Oh, and umm...video cards are, umm...cool. Yeah, that's it!

Glyphic said:
we can pull this thread into the video card topic. I have a 6800gt, but has anyone else noticed some annoying things they make the game look crappy? Such as the fog distance is extremely short, and even with 6xaa most objects are still pretty jagged. Those are the 2 major things I've noticed so far, prob others

I am running 2x and not jaggies, are you running application controlled,.....you should be. Check your control panel settings for your card..of course i run 1600x 1200 not sure what res your running , inrease res and drop aa and increas Af

hmm.........my favorite are:

Legend of Zelda Ocarina
Legend of zelda (1)
Metroid Prime
Farcry
Heretic
Warcraft II

anyways........I'm getting Half Life 2 tomorow...........can't wait, going to play it on my mobility 9700:D

why would anyone run app. controlled?
doesnt everyone know that kills performance most of the time?

Yes, listen to the creater of this topic.

It IS the best game ever made - and I'll say that 100 times over and over again until I pass out.

Seriously, you guys have just GOT TO buy this game. :eek:

pxc said:
It's definitely the best game this year for the PC, but I like Halo 2 better overall. :p

QFT. I still have the original GB Tetris cartridge I bought in 1990. And I still play it. :D Looks funny sticking out of my GBA SP though.

rofl, I still have my tetris that came iwth my gameboy from 1990. I play it every now and then. Still have that Gameboy too. Works fine :D.. wow i'm way off the fucking topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back