"Hitman" Series in Works at Hulu from "John Wick" Creator

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by Megalith, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Megalith

Megalith 24-bit/48kHz Staff Member

Fox 21 and Hulu have teamed for a television series based on Hitman, the global best-selling video game from IO Interactive. A pilot script will be written by Derek Kolstad, creator and writer of the John Wick action film series who also penned the third one that will be released in 2019.

Hitman has sold more than 25 million copies since being launched in 2000. It centers on Agent 47, a meticulous and lethal assassin with a mysterious backstory. The character has been the subject of two films released by Fox — 2007’s Hitman and 2015’s Hitman: Agent 47 — and the intention here is to hew closely to the mythology of the perennially popular video game.

Kinsaras likes this.
  2. IdiotInCharge

IdiotInCharge Not the Idiot YOU are Looking for

Granted absent Keanu Reeves, the magic may not transfer... but I'm tempted just by the idea!

3. Kinsaras

Kinsaras 2[H]4U

John Wick? Ok you have my attention.

Solhokuten likes this.
  4. Verge

Verge [H]ardness Supreme

More headshots = forget about Keanu

Solhokuten and IdiotInCharge like this.
  5. Youn

Youn [H]ardness Supreme

The Hitman movie was so great...

oh wait...

seriously what's so special about this compared to any other hitman-related movie/tv series?

6. Shotglass01

Shotglass01 [H]ard|Gawd

I think this could have a heck of a lot of potential if they don't feck it up. They could easily work it up like Punisher (really looking forward to the 17th!) or Daredevil- Netflix style. Story lines could easily go in all kinds of directions. Here's to hope.

7. Spidey329

Spidey329 [H]ardForum Junkie

Right?

I kinda feel that John Wick would translate to a good game in the style of Max Payne. I know they had that recent VR game, but still.

pendragon1 and Kinsaras like this.