Hitman Blood Money Question

Intel_Hydralisk

Supreme [H]ardness
So I decided to fire this up since I got it in the Eidos pack on Steam. I'm in the first mission after the tutorial in the vineyard... I got really annoyed with sneaking around since I fail at that apparently. I killed every single person in the level... all the civilians and guards etc. Now I can't seem to 'escape the Vineyard' (the last objective). I looked online and there seems to be two ways... walking down a path to the hanger for the seaplane, or riding an elevator down to the seaplane. Neither of these options seem open to me (I hit an invisible wall on the path and the elevator won't go down). So... am I literally not allowed to just slaughter everyone to finish a mission? Do I have to do it the stealth way?

"killed every single person in the level... all the civilians...."

lol. was that part of the objective??

"killed every single person in the level... all the civilians...."

lol. was that part of the objective??

Well it should tell me I failed the mission if that's indeed the result of it. Right now I'm just walking around the vineyard with everyone dead on the ground. And some civilians will pick up weapons off the dead guards and try to fight you.

So I decided to fire this up since I got it in the Eidos pack on Steam. I'm in the first mission after the tutorial in the vineyard... I got really annoyed with sneaking around since I fail at that apparently. I killed every single person in the level... all the civilians and guards etc. Now I can't seem to 'escape the Vineyard' (the last objective). I looked online and there seems to be two ways... walking down a path to the hanger for the seaplane, or riding an elevator down to the seaplane. Neither of these options seem open to me (I hit an invisible wall on the path and the elevator won't go down). So... am I literally not allowed to just slaughter everyone to finish a mission? Do I have to do it the stealth way?

This isn't the right thing to do in these games. The last thing you want to ever do in a Hitman game is run and gun.

If it's not in the objective list it doesn't mean squat or do squat for you. You don't want to get a lot of notoriety in the game, either. You have to pay to get rid of notoriety. Smart/stealth = less to no notoriety = very good for you. :)

It doesn't have to be all stealth but you have to be SMART.

DO what the objectives say. Do them any way you want. <- That's the beauty of the game right there.

The level never "just ends."

To leave that level, you have to "use" the seaplane.

Take the time to get to know this game better. It's worth it. :)

If I'm remembering the level right, in the head honcho's room in the house, you can climb out the window and take a ledge down. The elevator is accessible through the wine cellar; enter the cellar through the building on the far end of the courtyard from the gate. You should just be able to open the door there, then walk down the stairs and through the vat rooms and cellar, to the elevator.

It's been a while since I played it though, so my memory is a bit hazy.

This isn't the right thing to do in these games. The last thing you want to ever do in a Hitman game is run and gun.

If it's not in the objective list it doesn't mean squat or do squat for you. You don't want to get a lot of notoriety in the game, either. You have to pay to get rid of notoriety. Smart/stealth = less to no notoriety = very good for you. :)

It doesn't have to be all stealth but you have to be SMART.

DO what the objectives say. Do them any way you want. <- That's the beauty of the game right there.

The level never "just ends."

To leave that level, you have to "use" the seaplane.

Take the time to get to know this game better. It's worth it. :)
There are three objectives in the level: 1) Kill target A, 2) Kill target B, 3) Escape via seaplane.

Of course since I killed everyone, objectives 1 and 2 are complete. Now I can't seem to do 3 since the two paths to the seaplane are blocked for me (invisible wall / non working elevator). So I'm wondering... is it blocked because I killed everyone or what's up?

Some more details... I noticed in the briefing that it says I got caught on camera since some guy with a camera filmed me for a few seconds. Is this a big nono in terms of completing the mission? If any of these allows me to automatically fail the mission, why doesn't it just say so instead of making me roam around a dead level?

EDIT: Hmm, I just noticed the aforementioned "notoriety"... I'm assuming my notoriety literally sky rocketed. Could this be the cause of not being able to finish the mission?

There are three objectives in the level: 1) Kill target A, 2) Kill target B, 3) Escape via seaplane.

Of course since I killed everyone, objectives 1 and 2 are complete. Now I can't seem to do 3 since the two paths to the seaplane are blocked for me (invisible wall / non working elevator). So I'm wondering... is it blocked because I killed everyone or what's up?

Some more details... I noticed in the briefing that it says I got caught on camera since some guy with a camera filmed me for a few seconds. Is this a big nono in terms of completing the mission? If any of these allows me to automatically fail the mission, why doesn't it just say so instead of making me roam around a dead level?

Punishment for playing it as "Hitman: One man Death Squad"

Of course since I killed everyone, objectives 1 and 2 are complete.

Oh, ok! I was't sure what you meant.

Now I can't seem to do 3 since the two paths to the seaplane are blocked for me (invisible wall / non working elevator). So I'm wondering... is it blocked because I killed everyone or what's up?

All I ever did was walk around the house from the outside. When you've killed the guy upstairs, you jump out of his window, hit the ground and go to your right. That takes you around the back of the house, down the rather long set of "ramps" and towards the seaplane. There shouldn't be any "invisible walls" or anything like that.

Or if you prefer: When you first start the level, immediately make a 180 and follow the perimeter of the house all the way in that direction. That takes you to where I'm talking about. You should be able to go there any time you want.

Not sure about that elevator to be honest. I never tried that. ;)

Footage of you means more notoriety guaranteed. Not stealthy or smart to have blatant evidence of you and your existence and being there. ;)

You don't want it to happen. If it does, you want to take care of that problem by any means that you prefer. ;)

It's more challenging to do the things "hitman" way, with killing just mission target, escape, also steal security tapes (in few levels) instead of goomg "wolfenstein" :) It's actually more rewarding, as weapon/ammo prices will be much lower, when you have low notoriety

Well I did it the stealth way this time, 0 notoriety. For some reason, I don't know why... but the path down to the seaplane was still blocked for me. The invisible wall was still there. However, the elevator worked this time so that's how I escaped.

it matters how you do the missions in this game, because it affects what the characters do in every one after. if you run and gun, then your notoriety goes up, and it increases the chance that they will recognise you wherever you go. then they will eventually be able to see through your diguises almost right away, making them largely useless. you have an option to pay off certain people to reduce this in between missions if you screw up, but if you keep doing it then obviously it's going to get expensive. the safest way is to make all your kills look like accidents, then you can walk around freely most of the time to set up your kills without risk, and you will be able to afford new gear as soon as it becomes available.

it matters how you do the missions in this game, because it affects what the characters do in every one after. if you run and gun, then your notoriety goes up, and it increases the chance that they will recognise you wherever you go. then they will eventually be able to see through your diguises almost right away, making them largely useless. you have an option to pay off certain people to reduce this in between missions if you screw up, but if you keep doing it then obviously it's going to get expensive. the safest way is to make all your kills look like accidents, then you can walk around freely most of the time to set up your kills without risk, and you will be able to afford new gear as soon as it becomes available.

Exactly.

Money spent paying down notoriety = less money to spend on cool weapons, upgrades, and other goodies. :)

I NEED the sequel to this NOW!

The beauty of Blood Money is that it gives a bit of sandbox freedom in the variety of ways you can kill your target, but you still have a very clear and concise game that everything is built around. I have played through every mission multiple times and I once you discover and use the methods built into the levels for assassinating the targets completely stealthily, it becomes much more fun.

It doesn't really matter if you play the level stealthy or Run 'N' gun. The only difference will be the amount of money you earn & notoriety level. The problem you are having appears to be some type of glitch on the mission. I never experienced that problem playing that mission. Yes, I've played that level various ways, stealthy & Run 'N' gun. I suggest you head over to: " HITMAN FORUM " and ask the experts of the HITMAN games. Someone is bound to have experienced that same glitch.

If you're not doing SA rating, accidents only, suit only, pro difficulty runs in Blood Money, well...

...then you're eating soup without a spoon.

*adjusts tie*

Then again, I am a Hitman elitist snob.

So is there going to be a new Hitman game anytime soon?

EDIT: Apparently one might come out at the end of this year.

Last edited:
How about finishing all Hitman missions with SA rating, with no shots fired, and wearing your original suit at the end?

Very very hard, but immensely fun.

But for some reason, in that mission where you sneak into that rehab facility, and you kill that guy bench-pressing, then my suspicion level is always at the yellow, no matter how long I wait for it to level out. I always finish that particular mission with a Professional, not SA. I don't know why.

How about finishing all Hitman missions with SA rating, with no shots fired, and wearing your original suit at the end?

Very very hard, but immensely fun.

I've never been able to do it.

But for some reason, in that mission where you sneak into that rehab facility, and you kill that guy bench-pressing, then my suspicion level is always at the yellow, no matter how long I wait for it to level out. I always finish that particular mission with a Professional, not SA. I don't know why.

Indeed. That may be another small glitch or something.

Back