Hitman 2 Trailer Features a Colombian Forest

cageymaru

Fully [H]
A Hitman 2 trailer has just been released and it features a Colombian forest as the environment that Agent 47 will work in. The game has a November 13th release date and features Nvidia RTX technology such as DLSS.

Anyone else notice crysis had better trees / graphics and it came out in 2007 (11 years ago)?

Can honestly say this game doesn't do anything for me, I had much higher expectations after the visual splendor of the last HITMAN reboot.

Yea it was a lot of green but man those tree branches looked bad. I wasn't so impressed. Looked outdated. Texture didn't look that great either.

Anyone else notice crysis had better trees / graphics and it came out in 2007 (11 years ago)?

Can honestly say this game doesn't do anything for me, I had much higher expectations after the visual splendor of the last HITMAN reboot.

I've been playing the original Crysis lately, and the CryEngine was insane for the time and definitely kicks the shit out of this modern engine..... Ray Tracing or not.

I've been playing the original Crysis lately, and the CryEngine was insane for the time and definitely kicks the shit out of this modern engine..... Ray Tracing or not.
aint that the truth!.....I would kill for multi threaded side story to crysis1 even with the exact same visuals. I really miss running around in that forest! Only thing really keeps me from replaying it AGAIN is it gets old after a dozen play thrus lol

aint that the truth!.....I would kill for multi threaded side story to crysis1 even with the exact same visuals. I really miss running around in that forest! Only thing really keeps me from replaying it AGAIN is it gets old after a dozen play thrus lol

I might be out of the loop. Why don't games use cry engine? I mean that thing was stunning and way ahead of its time. I am still surprised it still looks better than today's games. I shake my head sometimes.

I might be out of the loop. Why don't games use cry engine? I mean that thing was stunning and way ahead of its time. I am still surprised it still looks better than today's games. I shake my head sometimes.

Some do, honestly. Crysis was a great technical showcase and had the engine development team behind it. Other studios, not so much. The SDE and licensing terms for the two engines are very different beasts.

Like, straight the fuck up, if you told me this was some game from 10 years ago I'd believe you. Honestly those tree's, minus the shading, looked like something from 2001. Big ass flat textures for the leaves doesn't work at all.

Seriously, after the last game and the other forest heavy games Ubisoft has made what the fuck is this shit? I went into the video thinking I was about to be impressed but now I'm just pissed..

Like, straight the fuck up, if you told me this was some game from 10 years ago I'd believe you. Honestly those tree's, minus the shading, looked like something from 2001. Big ass flat textures for the leaves doesn't work at all.

Seriously, after the last game and the other forest heavy games Ubisoft has made what the fuck is this shit? I went into the video thinking I was about to be impressed but now I'm just pissed..

That is exactly what I thought. From top it looked decent, not great. But when they got close to those trees. Shit was just plain ugly. Everything was so flat even the rocks. And horrible texture. I almost thought it looked 2d lol!

Every Cryengine game I've seen looks like crap compared to other games. Exception being something from Crytek. Prey - underwhelming. Armored Warfare - underwhelming if not outright out dated. Mechwarrior Online, looked like trash when it came out.

It was explained to me some years ago the licensing was a pain. Hidden fees and whatnot even when it went free. Unreal was simply easier to work with. That may have changed, but it is what some game developers told me.

Every Cryengine game I've seen looks like crap compared to other games. Exception being something from Crytek. Prey - underwhelming. Armored Warfare - underwhelming if not outright out dated. Mechwarrior Online, looked like trash when it came out.

It was explained to me some years ago the licensing was a pain. Hidden fees and whatnot even when it went free. Unreal was simply easier to work with. That may have changed, but it is what some game developers told me.

True. Had to be something. Thats not hard for me to believe. Probably was a bitch to work with or may be Crysis team made sure there could never be a game like crysis lol!

Ryse was (still is?) jaw dropping, and Kingdom Come: Deliverance is about as pretty as one could ask for. However to argue partially on your side, there aren't too many more shipping titles that showcase the engine to that extent made out of house.

What Arkane did to the engine for Prey is actually pretty amazing. The entire exterior of the Talos station for example. Or snapshotting a huge (not every) aspect of each level's game state.

It may not have looked all that great, but under the covers it's a marvel.

Back