Hitman 2 (2018)

I guess I don't understand what this HDR PC issue is. I don't have to disable the use HDR option under Windows display settings for the game to use HDR in exclusive fullscreen mode. What am I missing here?

I guess I don't understand what this HDR PC issue is. I don't have to disable the use HDR option under Windows display settings for the game to use HDR in exclusive fullscreen mode. What am I missing here?

If HDR is working for you I wouldn't worry about it. It's been fine for me since the Hot fix last week, but generally keep HDR off in Windows, it might be an issue for people not on Windows 10 1809 build though I don't know.

If HDR is working for you I wouldn't worry about it. It's been fine for me since the Hot fix last week, but generally keep HDR off in Windows, it might be an issue for people not on Windows 10 1809 build though I don't know.
Could be, maybe some of the 1809 HDR fixes resolved whatever the issue is.

I cheesed the ET target this week I feel dirty, but wanted the Terminus suit since it didn't carry over from season 1. Kinda have regrets on not doing an environmental assassination.

With settings cranked down it should. Although the crowd density / intensity setting on the lowest setting will ruin the immersion on some levels.

Although one weird thing is that the game has no AA options, and super sampling seems to always be enabled? It's kind of bizzare. The only option is to increase SSAA, there is no option to turn it off. It's a bizarre choice and I don't get it.

You can lower the render resolution through the registry. I hear this is helping people with low powered GPUs.

HKEY_Current_User > Software > IO Interactive > Hitman 2

I think if you edit Super Sampling in decimal and reduce the number from 1000 to say 750 for example it would give you 75% render resolution. Not 100% sure though. I would only do this if you absolutely need more performance though.

This game is really good. It takes the last game and just cranks up the level sizes and gives you more things to do. Really great game.

Does this play ok on the average recent laptop with Intel graphics (sandy bridge) ?

Does this play ok on the average recent laptop with Intel graphics (sandy bridge) ?

I can't imagine why it wouldn't because there enough graphics options to dial this thing and scale.

It probably goes without saying but if I were you I'd check some of the benchmark write ups just to be sure. I know IO went hard for better optimization on this even though it's certainly demanding enough when you hit 4K and crank the goodies. (It's gorgeous)

I have Hitman, Absolution. How does this compare?

It is pretty fun to play. I like how it tells you want to do, but doesn't really DO it for you. I think I'm still in the training phase though :)

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I have Hitman, Absolution. How does this compare?

Blows it away in every conceivable way.

It is pretty fun to play. I like how it tells you want to do, but doesn't really DO it for you. I think I'm still in the training phase though :)

I can guarantee you that you will find an amazing loss of free time start happening to you in short order. ;)

It's on steam for $37.95 right now. Is that good price to jump on?

like this
Yes - Although if you can get a deal on the deluxe version or whatever it is that gives you the Hitman 1 content as well that would be worth the money.

If you own the prior game, or if you buy the DLC you can play through all the levels of Hitman 1 and use items/costumes throughout both.

like this
If I’m understanding this game right, it doesn’t really require the reflexes and eyesight the likes of blops-4 and Fortnight, right ?

I’m looking for something deeper than the typical shooter that’s not all about constantly slinging bullets or building fucking temporary walls. :)

like this
If I’m understanding this game right, it doesn’t really require the reflexes and eyesight the likes of blops-4 and Fortnight, right ?

I’m looking for something deeper than the typical shooter that’s not all about constantly slinging bullets or building fucking temporary walls. :)

You understand correctly and you are in for a world of exactly what you are looking for and lots of it with lots of depth. :)

Ok. WTF....

upload_2018-12-22_11-40-49.png

Did they really release Hitman 2 in 2007, and ANOTHER Hitman 2 in 2018?

Or am I reading something wrong.

Got it.

They could use a refresher in game naming and versioning. Sheesh LOL

like this

Hopefully happens for PC as well. Really no reason not to. IO has dished out equal love for all platforms.

January roadmap for the game comes out on Monday.

I would hope it's more than just "improved lighting" in the graphics department.

like this

Hopefully happens for PC as well. Really no reason not to. IO has dished out equal love for all platforms.

January roadmap for the game comes out on Monday.
Hell, I'd be okay with IO half-assing it for PC...... as long as the half we get is Blood Money. :LOL:

I still refuse to acknowledge Absolution as a Hitman title.

like this
Hell, I'd be okay with IO half-assing it for PC...... as long as the half we get is Blood Money. :LOL:

I still refuse to acknowledge Absolution as a Hitman title.

It's a shame that Absolution apparently did as much damage and alienating as it did because IO has way more than redeemed themselves on the two games after it. Absolution was an ok "game" but I agree with you: It just wasn't Hitman.

The successor to Blood Money everyone always wanted has now happened twice over. Come back home! :)

Last edited:
Anyone else have an RTX card and have this game CTD when starting up? Worked great two driver releases ago on my GTX 1070, but had a checkering pattern issue on my RTX 2070. Eventually I could not get the game to launch at all. Updated drivers (on the latest currently) with no luck. Reinstalled the game. It crashes during launch and I can't even get to the main menu.

Finished the main missions at least once but there were alternate options I wanted to try in the missions.

New Elusive Target today on Isle of Sgail. I'm mentally prepared for it.

like this
Anyone else have an RTX card and have this game CTD when starting up? Worked great two driver releases ago on my GTX 1070, but had a checkering pattern issue on my RTX 2070. Eventually I could not get the game to launch at all. Updated drivers (on the latest currently) with no luck. Reinstalled the game. It crashes during launch and I can't even get to the main menu.

Finished the main missions at least once but there were alternate options I wanted to try in the missions.

I had menu crashes that were exclusive to the 2080 RTX series in Ghost Recon Wildlands during online play still not fixed to this date. I think I disabled Geforce experience and it worked again. So that might be a option also disabled online play and played offline.

What workarounds I use for my crashing issues:

0x80000003 = Disable Picture in Picture (gameplay options menu)
0x80000005 = Use borderless full screen (in graphics options it is just labeled as Fullscreen)

0x80000003 I just noticed I didn't crash at all when playing with all the HUD options disabled and ended up finding out what was the culprit.

I've only gotten 0x80000005 recently a few times and borderless seemed to make it stop, I haven't had a crash the last 30 or so hours I played in borderless.

like this
Back