Hitler Reacts to EVGA P67 Lineup

Evga's entire design team left. They've basically got to rebuild the company from scratch, then start designing new boards, then start acquiring contracts for new supply. I'm not generally a fan of EVGA's products, but you should have expected that they would have major problems cranking out new motherboards.

For all intents and purposes, the company got hit by a nuke.

A mass exodus like this means that there are serious problems at the top. EVGA had a pretty loyal customer base, it was a HUGE mistake in not effectively communicating these changes within the community. Alienating your strongest asset has probably doomed them for good.

A mass exodus like this means that there are serious problems at the top. EVGA had a pretty loyal customer base, it was a HUGE mistake in not effectively communicating these changes within the community. Alienating your strongest asset has probably doomed them for good.

Agreed very much.
Word that I've gotten from several individuals is that the team left...they weren't let go.

that, and no info on any potential mATX boards is keeping me towards ASUS, who seems to be slated to release a ROG board for us mATX guys :)

Evga's entire design team left. They've basically got to rebuild the company from scratch, then start designing new boards, then start acquiring contracts for new supply. I'm not generally a fan of EVGA's products, but you should have expected that they would have major problems cranking out new motherboards.

For all intents and purposes, the company got hit by a nuke.

Was this actually stated anywhere/ any news/link on this? Or is this just "heard the grapevine" kind of info? I'd be interested what prompted such a move.

Was this actually stated anywhere/ any news/link on this? Or is this just "heard the grapevine" kind of info? I'd be interested what prompted such a move.

It actually happened.
Much of the design team went to Sapphire Motherboards, while Peter Tan aka Shamino is associated now with Asus.
No coincidence the Maximus IV is an absolute beast.

It actually happened.
Much of the design team went to Sapphire Motherboards, while Peter Tan aka Shamino is associated now with Asus.
No coincidence the Maximus IV is an absolute beast.

heck, it even has a jumper switch for LN2 useage (presumeably to help compensate against cold bug? I dunno).

Yeah anybody still waiting for an EVGA P67 when all these great choices are out there just have not been paying attention to the not-so-subtle Huang-like "It'll be released when it is...if it's months late, who cares"

I was considering buying a EVGA P67 board but it doesn't have PS/2. I use a mechanical keyboard and I prefer the instant response of PS/2 over USB.

It really would scare me off that, seeing as the boards are so friggin late, do people expect the BIOS updates and such to be rolling out after the lineup eventually is released?

That's too bad... it really feels like there are actually less motherboard options with the H/P 67s. You have ASUS carrying the load, then Gigabyte, then a smattering of the others (like biostar and AssCock, and eventually Intel). EVGA would have been a welcome addition instead of a footnote.

Yeah apparently their employees and loyalists at their forums are in a tiff about the video...

I'll admit, I didn't have high hopes going into another Downfall redub but that was hillarious. Hats off to you sir.

I was going to wait for the evga p67 sli at first because it was one of the only boards with the pci-e slots where I needed them for my internal radiator setup (2 pci-e slots in the first 3 locations). Instead I grabbed a P8P67-M Pro and haven't looked back.

Its really too bad because EVGA was the only company to make a 2p overclocking board (SR-2) and I was really hoping they would push one out for socket 2011 or even G34. I guess we'll have to hold out hope for an Asus design or maybe ASRock can frankenboard something together.

What movie is that from? I have seen it before, but I can't remember which movie it was. Probably have it somewhere. The way they use it is great!

Evga's entire design team left.
That's too bad. My mATX P55 SLI Pro board is great and I was just looking around their site wondering why so little Sandy Bridge offered.

What's the latest word? Are they going to release any H67 or Z68 boards?

Last edited:
Back