Hitler Finds Out About Bulldozer Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were Hitler, I wouldn't use the Bulldozer to take over the world with either.

Heating the ovens with bulldozer was a little over the top.. I did laugh though lol

I told you guys AMD was going to fuck up bulldozer and oh geez, look what happened. AMD is dead. They will not recover from this.

This was a good one. I miss the day my little Opty 165 could be OC'ed to death and AMD was on par with Intel.

The final solution... buy a Sandy Bridge. :p (Though I'm waiting for Ivy Bridge, myself.)

Gonna reserve judgement till I see what [H] says about it. But thanks Hitler, for your opinion on technology :p

This is disappointing. I was hoping that AMD would be able to once again stand toe-to-toe with Intel and come up with a decent chip but alas, that's not so.

Granted, I'll buy only Intel these days but having AMD around with a decent competing chip keeps Intel on their toes and keeps them innovating and their prices down.

Come on AMD, come up with something better so that we don't slump back into the days of the Pentium 4 in which Intel couldn't make a good CPU to save their asses. Remember Prescott? Damn, that chip sucked!

No ARM license. Newest CPU is a disaster.

Yeah. AMD needs to get its ass in gear.

awesome. this epic incarnation of the Hitler meme and should be sent to the bras at AMD to see

I've never seen those before. I watched about half of it at work with the speakers off. I couldn't keep composure. I was laughing so hard I couldn't keep quiet. I had to stop it and walk away to get control of myself. I will watch the rest later. AAaaaahahahahahaaha.

YAY!!!!!!!

I was waiting for the bulldozer too, but those #'s were TERRRRRRRIBLE

Quotes from Anandtech's article...
"The good news is AMD has a very aggressive roadmap ahead of itself; here's hoping it will be able to execute against it. We all need AMD to succeed. We've seen what happens without a strong AMD as a competitor. We get processors that are artificially limited and severe restrictions on overclocking, particularly at the value end of the segment. We're denied choice simply because there's no other alternative. I don't believe Bulldozer is a strong enough alternative to force Intel back into an ultra competitive mode, but we absolutely need it to be that. I have faith that AMD can pull it off, but there's still a lot of progress that needs to be made. AMD can't simply rely on its GPU architecture superiority to sell APUs; it needs to ramp on the x86 side as well—more specifically, AMD needs better single threaded performance. Bulldozer didn't deliver that, and I'm worried that Piledriver alone won't be enough. But if AMD can stick to a yearly cadence and execute well with each iteration, there's hope. It's no longer a question of whether AMD will return to the days of the Athlon 64, it simply must. Otherwise you can kiss choice goodbye."

Yep, can't agree more with these statements.

"What can I do? Buying from Intel means giving money to the Jews."

LOL!!!!!!
It's true. Intel has a HUGE R&D facility in Israel. Why? Because Jewish people are some of the brightest people in the world. Like it or not. ;) (And I'm not Jewish)

I am at work and I was doing my best not to laugh out loud hard enough for people to hear me but they thought I was having an asthma attack b/c I was keeping my laughter quite lol.

did the words match the captions?
If matching the captions means that they were talking about how Steiner could not execute his attack, how the generals went to the academy and only learned how to how a fork, how the military has only hindered Hitler and how he would repay their betrayal in blood, and how he would rather blow his brains out than leave the bunker...then sure, they matched.

Come on AMD, come up with something better so that we don't slump back into the days of the Pentium 4 in which Intel couldn't make a good CPU to save their asses. Remember Prescott? Damn, that chip sucked!

I was looking through this thread to see if anyone else made a Prescott reference, and you beat me to it. I switched from a 3.4GHz Prescott to a 2.2GHz dual-core Opteron and was freaking thrilled -- cool, quiet, and fast enough for what I needed. Now I'm rocking an i5-2500K and perfectly happy with it. AMD has lost its way.

MOAR CORES! ;)

Video was hilarious.

AMD: Next time, make sure your engineering department is as good as your marketing department.

"What can I do? Buying from Intel means giving money to the Jews."

LOL!!!!!!
It's true. Intel has a HUGE R&D facility in Israel. Why? Because Jewish people are some of the brightest people in the world. Like it or not. ;) (And I'm not Jewish)

Pretty sure that the majority of the "great" stuff came out of America...by white people.

Like it or not. ;) (And I'm not white....oh wait)

i laughed so hard watching this. great video. i wonder which of the upgrade or wait threads posted here was by hitler.

Bigotry always seems to have an appeal to the moronic.

Really? Really?

I thought it was funny as hell, it's the first time I've seen someone make it like that rather than saying don't worry, he's not going to [the competition].

What I liked about the video though, is that it referenced the other ones.

You have the Q-series, than the early i-series processors, and now this. AMD is on borrowed time & Intel hasn't even needed to deal the final blow. Any AMD fanboy still spouting from that kool-aid is worst than an Apple Fanboy.

Quotes from Anandtech's article...
"The good news is AMD has a very aggressive roadmap ahead of itself; here's hoping it will be able to execute against it. We all need AMD to succeed. We've seen what happens without a strong AMD as a competitor. We get processors that are artificially limited and severe restrictions on overclocking, particularly at the value end of the segment. We're denied choice simply because there's no other alternative. I don't believe Bulldozer is a strong enough alternative to force Intel back into an ultra competitive mode, but we absolutely need it to be that. I have faith that AMD can pull it off, but there's still a lot of progress that needs to be made. AMD can't simply rely on its GPU architecture superiority to sell APUs; it needs to ramp on the x86 side as well—more specifically, AMD needs better single threaded performance. Bulldozer didn't deliver that, and I'm worried that Piledriver alone won't be enough. But if AMD can stick to a yearly cadence and execute well with each iteration, there's hope. It's no longer a question of whether AMD will return to the days of the Athlon 64, it simply must. Otherwise you can kiss choice goodbye."

Yep, can't agree more with these statements.

He nails it on the head, but holy cow this is disappointing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back