HiTech Hate seems to have misplaced his pro-Xbox post.

Saist

Limp Gawd
I got this little PM from somebody. Seems to think he's something.

Well Hitech-Hate. You misplaced your message. This should have gone to the trash bin.

HiTech-Hate said:
The XBOX is most definitely one of the best console systems ever built. I owned a PS2 for a while and it was a piece of shit. Even modded, all I could do was play games on it ... pffft ... what good is that. On a modded XBOX I can play ANY media format, not to mention games from practically EVERY console system that came before it!!! I can put ANY sized harddrive in it, and im utilizing a RISC based processor for increased load times/framerate etc. :eek: It is NOTHING like a Phantom either, the phantom is just a crappy PC with a crappy case, the Xbox is a risc based console system, it can hardly be compared to the phantom.

I sold my PS2 3 months after I bought it cuz all I could do was play PS2 and PS1 games on it, why would I buy something just to play video games? We're not all 12 year olds who play video games 24 hours a day here dude :). I enjoy the versatility of my xbox, it is a great system that deserves much more credit then you're giving it.

Xbox is a risc based console system

um. No. The Xbox is a standard PC with a non-standard Celeron Processor.

it can hardly be compared to the phantom.
Correct. The Xbox actually has a list of games that people want to play. Oh, and it does exist.

Even modded, all I could do was play games on it ... pffft ... what good is that.

You do know that Sony Sells a Linux Developers Kit for around ~$200 (US). Something tells me you didn't do your homework. Something that is also confirmed by your insistance at calling a Celeron processor a RISC processor.

The XBOX is most definitely one of the best console systems ever built

Okay, it has shaders, DX 8.1 shaders to be exact. But it's processor is far weaker compared to the MIPS based processor of the PS2, and also weaker compared to the PPC based processor of the GCN.

The GCN and PS2 also have more versatile systems in respect to developers, but they were built to play games. Not be all-in-one computers. While the Xbox can manage a higher fill rate, when you start talking functions that matter, like AI and physics, the Xbox is at a decided disadvantage to it's competitors.

Your statement also kinda of flies in the face of reality. If the X-box was one of the best systems ever, why is Microsoft STILL BEHIND Nintendo in the world wide market? Last time I checked, the US is only one Market, and Microsoft looses money constantly to the Home Entertainment department because of these facts.

On a modded XBOX I can play ANY media format, not to mention games from practically EVERY console system that came before it!!!

Funny, I can do this on the PS2 LDK. Without having to mod anything. Oh, and it's legal. And covered by a warrenty. What was your point again?

I sold my PS2 3 months after I bought it cuz all I could do was play PS2 and PS1 games on it, why would I buy something just to play video games?

Um... that's sorta the WHOLE POINT OF VIDEO GAME CONSOLES.

HiTech-Hate, I'm unsure of the purpose of your post. At first glance, I thought it was to take issue with Microsoft using Sex to sell the Xbox console outside of any meaningful content. Instead, I find a misguided post written by someone without a clue of reality.

I hope you don't mind me making a thread for this. I think everyone needs to see exactly how far out of your league you are.

my answer..... who gives a crap... Its a video game console its not something to argue over like this is the gaza strip or something.

Thats why it was a PM i sent him with regards to his post in a thread on this forum. I did not post it in the thread because it was a private matter. His exploitation of this private message is unacceptable as far as i'm concerned, thats what PMs are for.

Qwertyman said:
my answer..... who gives a crap... Its a video game console its not something to argue over like this is the gaza strip or something.
The funny has been found.

I thought the Xbox had a P3-700Mhz... And yeah, not cool on posting the PM. Not that you can't ever do that, but it seems to me he just wanted to embarass the guy not just correct him...

Saist said:
I hope you don't mind me making a thread for this. I think everyone needs to see exactly how far out of your league you are.

Oh of course he doesn't mind :rolleyes: he sent you a PM and you just posted it in public for everyone to see.

He might not be eloquently spoken and he may be about as WRONG about the X-Box as one can possibly get (That RISC bit really had me rolling my eyes), but he had the presence of mind to take a potentially heated discussion to PM's. You blatantly and openly ridiculed him instead of continuing the discussion in a private manner.

An admin ought to thump you good for this kind of shit.

Yep I made some mistakes, and yes I thought it was a RISC based system ... I was wrong. I am a very understanding person, all you need to do is explain my flaws to me and i'll learn from my mistakes, I dont need my mistakes exploited in a thread in an attempt just to insult me.

I PMed you for a reason, learn to use it in return, I appreciate you're correcting me, but a PM would have been better suited don't you think? Its not like I insulted your mom or something, its just a video game.

Damn thats low. I dont think I ever saw anyone posting someone's PM. He prolly did it to feel superior. Well he is superior @ doing idiotic crap alright.

I'm just posting here to stick-up for HiTech-Hate because, although some of his hard facts were a bit off, I still feel his PM was right on the money...

First, to even argue that the PS2 holds a candle to the X-Box in terms of sheer power is fruitless. Power on both consoles and take a look for yourself and you'll see the X-Box as the clear winner right then and there. Play any games on both consoles and it most always looks much better on the X-Box, period. If the PS2's processing power is so great, please explain why games like Splinter Cell look like shit in comparison to Microsoft's proud pony. You can argue GPU's and such all you like, but all we gamers care about are results...

Secondly, modding a PS2 is a pain in the ass in comparison to modding an X-Box, hence the strong X-Box modding scene and the weak PS2 one. Don't even argue the PS2 scene as being strong, as I know a boatload of people with modded X-Box's, while I'm the only one I know (and my friends know) who has a modded PS2. The PS2 makes for a lousy home media center modded by comparison to the X-Box. I should know, I have a modded PS2 and X-Box, and the PS2 is only used for the few exclusive titles it has out for it...

The X-Box being outsold by the PS2 is a dumb argument as well, as Microsoft knew going into the fray that it would not outsell the PS2. Not many people who bought a PS2 (read: A LOT) would turn around and go buy a new console a year or two later, and the folks in Washington knew this. Again, this is just common damn sense. Microsoft still released the X-Box to make a name for themsleves in home entertainment, which they have succeeded in doing. The claws will really come out now that the X-Box has an identity, as they'll be on a level playing field come launch time this round. This is all that Microsoft wanted, and they're getting their chance to take over come next year...

As far as the X-Box being one of the all-time greatest consoles, this is all a matter of opinion. I'm sure some young kids that are now growing up on Halo will probably argue it as the best five or so years down the line, just like we argue for the SNES or whatever console you so happen to love. This is total opinion...

I think Saist needs to get off his high horse when it comes to the PS2. If you love it so much and it's so powerful, I hope you have a great time playing Doom 3 on it. Oh, wait a second, it's not coming out for the PS2...gee, wonder why?

Qwertyman said:

Agreed, and I want 2 minutes of my life back.

It's not like either of you guys designed the PS2 or XBOX, why argue over it?

I think Saist owes someone an apology.

Why would he bring this PM to the public like this? The P is for PRIVATE, not PUBLIC.

Posting a PM? Does it get much lower than that?

Either way, it always backfires.

Now Saist needs to PM HiTech with an apology so he can post it here for the rest of us to see. Id say that would even things out a bit :D

I really want to know what made this worth making a new thread about...not exactly any new information given here, it's just an incredibly old argument. It was stupid to have in a PM, but to post the PM and ridicule the person? Jesus Christ, what the fuck are we, 13 years old?

That's like ignoring somebody and saying, "Neener neener neener! I ignored you! Hahahaha!"

...except those types of people tend to always un-ignore the person once they realize they're not getting the same amount of "attention" as before. You remind me of those people.

Subtext: STFU.

Back