Hitachi 250gb sata refurb $101

Wow, and those drives are pretty speedy to boot! Think I might just bite on this one . . .

Man, I really don't have the money for more of these...

too bad, too... good price! I've got one and it pretty quick...

FYI
The non-refurb price is: $132.00 + $3.99 s/h = $135.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822145071

I (highly) doubt they'll offer the 3-year warranty on a drive clearly listed as "REFURBISHED" on the receipt; as your other thread talks specifically about OEM drives... plus the rep clearly states they would NOT or would possibly offer the warranty, if the online system says so. I think it is kind of irresponsible to post that the warranty would definatly be honored; no offence. Most likely, these drives will have about a year left on the warranty, if you're really lucky, you'll get one with full three-year warranty.

Good luck, though I'll pass this one out.

Bullitt said:
Me- I was referencing an on-line retailer, NewEgg.com and they sell OEM products, and to my understanding it was the device without retail packaging. Are they considered OEM?
craig said:
No (ed: They will be under warranty) , but you cant be too careful. If they somehow got a batch of drives which were manufactured or sent to an OEM (ed: like Dell) and they are re-selling them, the warranty would not apply. Chances are its good, but if you have any questions, plug the serial number into our automated system and see what that tells you.

all a refurbished product is to newegg is a unsatisified customers return... they just resell it for a lower price kinda like what best buy does do Open Boxed Items... plus if you would have read at the bottom of the link

it states on newegg's website that it holds a 3 Year Warrenty

just think of this as a return and open box item. the warrenty still applies to openbox items as long as u carry the receipt

I would rather Pay the extra 20 for a non refurb.. But hey thats just me good deal none the less :)

All this talk and still no one has purchased it... Yesterday when I checked stock there was only one left and it is still that way...

There's something about buying a refurb HDD that makes me cringe.

S1nF1xx said:
There's something about buying a refurb HDD that makes me cringe.

yea same.. i'm sure something went horribly wrong, and i'm not about to deal with companies' customer service and RMA shit..

I was about to bite and then noticed how low the Diamond Max 10's with their massive 16mb cache have goten - New, faster, bigger . . . . hmmm. Toughie, I'll have to get back to ya'll on that one :p

Back