Hitachi 160GB ~ $78.99 after MIR

Shorty

Gawd
Fry's Electronics currently has the Hitachi Deskstar 160GB 8MB Cache available for $138.99 - $60 mail-in-rebate. It comes to a sweet $78.99 plus tax. That's less than fifty cents per GB. I traded my dad my 80G 8MB Western Digital drive, and my old GeForce4 Ti 4200 64MB for it. I say I got a little ripped, but who cares. I had no use for the card anyway. This thing is a bit faster than the WD drive, and I had no trouble. Unlike when I got my WD drive and had to go through three to get one which worked. My only complaint is that I'm getting a new drive that ain't SATA.

I had so many IBM drives to fail on me I dont think i wouldnt have even bother to look at that link, if i would have remembered the IBM-Hitachi merger. They have a long way to go to build their rep with me before i buy IBM/Hitachi again!

at fatwallet they have a scan of a Fry's ad...looks like there's also a Western Digital 160 (w/ATA 100 controller) for $78.99 AR as well. YMMV, but I'm checking it out tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to find a free/ridiculously cheap 64 mb pen drive as well...

Back