Hit a WCG (World Community Grid) milestone? Post it here:

Right. Sorry! Will continue tech talk in that thread. :)

To stay OT - Hit 35 years on OpenZika. It's been eight days since 20, and pretty sure I'm going to lose a system or two soon, so let's spitball and say the 29th for 50 years. :)

I've disassembled all my crunchers; so it may be a while before I re-engage WCG. But for now:
OpenZika: 4,130,888
FightiAids@Home, Phase 2: 29,049,153 (27 years)
Uncovering Genome Mysteries: 8,041,426
Mapping Cancer Markers, 115, 594,183 (92 years)
FightAids@Home: 4,365.502

I didn't realize I had 100 million points in any of the projects until I created this post.

I hit 100M WCG points sometime in the near past. :)
Congrats on this super major milestone. You just joined an elite group of WCG contributors with 9-digits next to your name(y)

Noticing that you are moving to POEM. I suppose you are aiming for the 10-digit club?

MGMCCALLEY, looks like you are going to mow over me in the next three days. :nailbiting:

Sapphire OpenZika -
zika_5.jpg

Congrats on this super major milestone. You just joined an elite group of WCG contributors with 9-digits next to your name(y)
Thanks!

Noticing that you are moving to POEM. I suppose you are aiming for the 10-digit club?

Nope, the only two active projects I have are POEM set to 50 and WCG set to 150, but POEM turns in a ton of points compared to WCG.

Not to mention that POEM will also use those GPU's in conjunction with any extra CPU time.

And I'm about to step up the game with a bit of 4P action. Traded some GPUs for CPUs. Of course that motherboard DOES have PCI-E on it, so we'll see what happens if/when 1080 Ti gets released and I can improve both projects. I count at least 5 GPU slots that are currently available now since I cleaned house. Hopefully they do come out with a Ti and it's everything I'm thinking it will be.

I also just ordered some E5-2670 V1 to replace the 2620s I've been using. So in a couple of weeks I should roughly triple my WCG performance, maybe better.

And here I thought I was gonna pull enough points for the #2 spot after plext0r went on hiatus, hehe. On the bright side, just hit my first million. More to come, the 4P just came to life. I have Linden to thank for that. He's selling more of his beasts in the FS/FT thread if anyone is looking for a good Supermicro Setup. Mine should double up my daily workload or be pretty close to it.

Tonite or tomorrow, our team will move up from 38th to 37th position in the WCG team standing. Another great milestone for the team. Keep crunching...
View attachment 5084

We moved up two more places since last week in world standing. We are now at 35th. Another milestone for the team. Based on the Formula BOINC stat, we are the top six contributors for WCG this year. Keep on crunching for medical science.
upload_2016-8-30_8-11-25.png

And top 5 credit yesterday, as well as 11th in RACRank. My 4P just started turning in, maybe we'll boost past Dutch Power Cows with a few more rigs in the mix? I still haven't taken down my servers to upgrade the CPUs to 2670s. That might bring in another 15-20k.

As of now, we are the top 4 credit producers/day, just overtook DPC. I think this is a record for the team, at least for one day considering that WCG has very large number of teams and one of the most popular DC projects in BOINC. Let's see if we can sustain this momentum by week and by month. It really depends on our two titans with huge number of hardware...:)

upload_2016-8-31_20-34-31.png

Well... we have some idle titans out there too. And of course a few still on FAH. The question is how to wake the idle ones up... :)

A cold snap in the weather is what I imagine would do the trick. Of course the other teams might get the same results. There's still a couple of 4P rigs left getting sold by Linden if anyone wants to step up their crunching game. Speaking of, anyone want to tell me why my 4P shows this on WCG when I log into the official site:
09/01/2016
white.gif
0:023:21:56:15
white.gif
white.gif
08/31/2016
white.gif
0:053:00:16:55
white.gif
white.gif
08/30/2016
white.gif
0:054:03:01:46
white.gif
white.gif
08/29/2016
white.gif
0:001:11:53:48
white.gif
white.gif

But the stats page: Project Team Stats for HardOCP in World Community Grid

has me only doing 40K (ish) a day for the past two days? I'm seriously confused here. I'm only doing WCG on that rig and as far as I know I haven't changed a thing from the way the other three are running.

**EDIT: I think I may have found the answer. Is it the 7 to 1 conversion between WCG and BOINC?

Last edited:
Yes... WCG's page is still using their UD point system which is 7 times what it translates to BOINC. So, for the stats sites, it will look much less. They have had fixing the credit difference on their list of things to fix for a decade but it is super low priority and as always not enough staff blah blah blah funding not enough blah blah blah. So, this is why I encourage people to specify which numbers they are referencing so others are less confused. Hit a milestone in points? Is that WCG points or BOINC points....lol.

I believe I've been listing BOINC points most of the time, off the Free-DC page. I only recently began looking at the WCG stats because the numbers were confusing. Thought it was something that would iron out after a few days.

Woohoo, I just hit my first 1M WCG BOINC points just now. Took me about 9 months to get there with the hardware that I've got. I ain't sprinting but will try to be persistent.

upload_2016-9-3_18-9-31.png

We moved up two more places since last week in world standing. We are now at 35th. Another milestone for the team. Based on the Formula BOINC stat, we are the top six contributors for WCG this year. Keep on crunching for medical science.
View attachment 7303

We recently moved up one place to 34th. Great job everyone!

upload_2016-9-25_13-53-16.png

Below is our team progression since Dec 2005.
upload_2016-9-25_13-54-10.png

Thanks for the stats Pututu, looks like the team is making some real progress. And congrats on the 1M points! It's a great milestone.

Thanks for the stats Pututu, looks like the team is making some real progress. And congrats on the 1M points! It's a great milestone.
Looks like you are going to hit 2M mark very soon (y)

Looks like that day is today! 2 Million in WCG. Anyone else see that that free-dc.org stats are messed up? That, or some of our teammates just bought a ton of hardware all on the same day. Did they get a video card client that only these guys know about?

The stats get messed up from time to time. I think the last day or two the stats weren't showing or were showing negative. Usually when they get fixed, you will see a huge jump.

Not all that odd if a stats dump is corrupted. There have been many times to see points disappear/re-appear as exports get fixed or the stats site imports the data again. It happens.

Just got emerald badge this morning for FAAH2
upload_2016-10-6_7-5-51.png

Got emerald for OET
upload_2016-10-19_7-17-37.png
. WUs are short and most have quorum of 1. Good for WCG birthday challenge.

The green tree just turned to blue
upload_2016-10-30_20-56-31.png
. 2 years of UGM. Just in time.:)

Back